Phone-system HELP!

Animan99

Hi. I am writing my own (First) phone system, i am learning LUA about 2 months. I advance nicely with the phone, but i have a little problem with the chat part. When i click on the "send" button, this code runs:

-- this code adds a value to the table, that i will loop through in the next code.  
function sendCallMSG(msg) 
    for _, player in pairs(getElementsByType("player")) do 

targetPlayer = player 
                 msgFrom = getElementData(localPlayer, "phoneNumber") 
                 msgTo = getElementData(targetPlayer, "phoneNumber") 
                 theMsg = tostring(msg) 
                callMessages[#callMessages + 1] = theMsg 
                setElementData(targetPlayer, "char.tempCall", {msgFrom, msgTo, theMsg})          

renderData.msgCounter = renderData.msgCounter + 1 
                --renderData.currentRow = renderData.currentRow + 1 

break 
    end 
end  

And the second code loops the "callMessages" table, and write out the value:

if getElementData(localPlayer, "phone") == "goingCall" then 
        dxDrawImage(X, Y + 35, Width, Height, "files/ongoingcall.png") 
        renderData.smsLatestLine = renderData.currentRow + renderData.maxRow - 1 

for k,v in ipairs(callMessages) do 
            if k >= renderData.currentRow then 
               if k <= renderData.smsLatestLine and v then 

renderData.smsDrawX = X + 70 

renderData.smsDrawY = Y + 125 + (renderData.sorokKozKihagyas * (renderData.uzenetSzamolo - 1)) -- this is the important thing, this moves the value, but my problem is when i click again the send button all the values are moving with this. I want that the values are move 10 pixels down from the previous value, but all the messages are moving. 
                    if vanUjSzoveg == true then 
                        renderData.smsDrawY = renderData.uzenetSzamolo * 10  
                    end 
                    dxDrawText(string.gsub(v, "_", " "), renderData.smsDrawX, renderData.smsDrawY, 50, 0, tocolor(255, 255, 255, 255), 2, "arial", "left", "top", false, true, true) 
                end 
            end 
        end 
    end 

So, basically, I want that the values are move 10 pixels down from the previous value. Thank you, i will be so glad if you guys can help me :)

Hi. I am writing my own (First) phone system, i am learning LUA about 2 months. I advance nicely with the phone, but i have a little problem with the chat part. When i click on the "send" button, this code runs:
-- this code adds a value to the table, that i will loop through in the next code.  
function sendCallMSG(msg) 
    for _, player in pairs(getElementsByType("player")) do 

targetPlayer = player 
                 msgFrom = getElementData(localPlayer, "phoneNumber") 
                 msgTo = getElementData(targetPlayer, "phoneNumber") 
                 theMsg = tostring(msg) 
                callMessages[#callMessages + 1] = theMsg 
                setElementData(targetPlayer, "char.tempCall", {msgFrom, msgTo, theMsg})          

renderData.msgCounter = renderData.msgCounter + 1 
                --renderData.currentRow = renderData.currentRow + 1 

break 
    end 
end  

And the second code loops the "callMessages" table, and write out the value:

if getElementData(localPlayer, "phone") == "goingCall" then 
        dxDrawImage(X, Y + 35, Width, Height, "files/ongoingcall.png") 
        renderData.smsLatestLine = renderData.currentRow + renderData.maxRow - 1 

for k,v in ipairs(callMessages) do 
            if k >= renderData.currentRow then 
               if k <= renderData.smsLatestLine and v then 

renderData.smsDrawX = X + 70 

renderData.smsDrawY = Y + 125 + (renderData.sorokKozKihagyas * (renderData.uzenetSzamolo - 1)) -- this is the important thing, this moves the value, but my problem is when i click again the send button all the values are moving with this. I want that the values are move 10 pixels down from the previous value, but all the messages are moving. 
                    if vanUjSzoveg == true then 
                        renderData.smsDrawY = renderData.uzenetSzamolo * 10  
                    end 
                    dxDrawText(string.gsub(v, "_", " "), renderData.smsDrawX, renderData.smsDrawY, 50, 0, tocolor(255, 255, 255, 255), 2, "arial", "left", "top", false, true, true) 
                end 
            end 
        end 
    end 

So, basically, I want that the values are move 10 pixels down from the previous value. Thank you, i will be so glad if you guys can help me :)

I don't really understand what are you trying to do here, but it seems like the message will be sent to all the players in the server

when i send a message it moves correctly, but when i send another one, the second and the first message are at the same position, i want that the second msg move down 10 px from the previous one. http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150622/mta-scree ... es.hu_.png

on the photo you can see the 2 messages are at the same pos. Sorry for my bad english, hope you can understand now.

(Yes, sends to everyone, i didn't finished it yet)

if you can tell me another way of making this chat part, it will good, but i have no idea how to do this.
x,y,z = 0,0,0 

for k, v in ipairs() do 
   y = y + 10 
   --Script continues.. 
end 

For a better way, i think you should not use dxDrawText for the messages

This isn't my problem. My problem with the loop, because i use for loop to get the value of the tables and if i use this, the messages are all moves. i want that when i send a message that message down from the previous one. All the messages are in one table, that is why i ant separate them from eachother.

This isn't my problem. My problem with the loop, because i use for loop to get the value of the tables and if i use this, the messages are all moves. i want that when i send a message that message down from the previous one. All the messages are in one table, that is why i ant separate them from eachother.

Why don't you use a memo you start from a new line with each message?

I made it with GUI, but i cannot destroy it. When i click on the send button, creates a GUI label. if i try to destroy it, the last label dissapears, the rest of messages are stay there.

Thanks for your help :)

You're welcome, don't hesitate to ask if you have further problems :)