I'm not cheating.

Guest Trojan_man

Question

Why is it that I am kicked after 10 secs of being in a server? I have never once used a mod ever but it says I did and now won't let me in. 'Suspected trainer use'' is the reason. It started to happen when this one asshole named DanP was in the KFC server and teleporting lots of cars to the sailor spawn point and blowing them up,. I remember someone saying they posted pics of it on this board earlier today so you know what I am talking about.

22 answers to this question

Well I closed everything. I even turned off all unnecessary processes in the task manager. Also when I am kicked that submit error thing comes up just like a crash.

I think I might have figured it out. When I started up MTA it said and I am quoting:

ERROR: Unable to replace 'weapon.dat' with 'weapon.original', as the original (backup) does not exist.

So does that mean I just reinstall Vice City?

ERROR: Unable to replace 'weapon.dat' with 'weapon.original', as the original (backup) does not exist.

I think the fix for this problem is reinstalling MTA, not GTA.

Reinstalling both might be necessary. MTA backs up the original VC weapons.dat file and replaces it with its own. This backup appears to have been lost.

i get a problem when if MTA has been running for a period of time inactively, when i start game, the crc check comes up saying it has failed, but i can reload the MTA client for it to work ok again.

I dunno if this is a known issue or if anybody else shares similar problems too :/

- Bungle

I had trouble with Suspected trainer usage recently - i found the version was set to 1.1 not 1.0 :roll:

Changed it and it worked again :) (i found this after re-installing vice city :()

Thanks I tried it and it worked. Thanks for the other suggestion as well everyone else.

From the Known Issues thread which you could have easily found yourself by using the search button...

Upon hitting Start Game the client informs you your CLIENT is modifed.

This is an error with the way we temporarily replace some of the games files. When you install take a back up of both weapon.dat and weapon.mta from the /gta?/data/ directory and put them somewhere safe. If you get this error close the client, REPLACE both files and retry.

Nope i get that all the time dude, but its absolotly fine! theres no need to reinstall because you can still start your game, its stange but luckly that you can start your game :wink:

Did you modfiy any files? I'm sure a reinstall of MTA will fix it.

ive reinstalled mta and vc over 10 times and still no difference, i click the "start game" button, mta kinda does nothing, and game doesnt launch. Ive reset config file/ game path - absolutely nothing happens.

Did you play VC in single player first before installing MTA, its recommended if you havent so already.

morgue also close down other applications/programs which are running at the same time as MTA. On your screenshot there are still programs running, some programs can interfere with MTA which can cause into crashes etc.