GTASA - released (follow up to pool resources thread)

Ransom

i did a grind on a rail in the parking lot of the bike stadium (close to CJ's house). i got a full cycling skill upgrade for that

It detected the grind itself? If so thats potentially great news for future stunt modes in mta, as after struggling with it for hours i found no reliable way to detect and award bonuses for grinds in VC.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did a grind on a rail in the parking lot of the bike stadium (close to CJ's house). i got a full cycling skill upgrade for that

It detected the grind itself? If so thats potentially great news for future stunt modes in mta, as after struggling with it for hours i found no reliable way to detect and award bonuses for grinds in VC.

well, i didnt get any money for it, and the game never told me it was a grind.

what happened was i simply hopped onto the top of the rail with my BMX, and it slid all the way down.

what is interesting though, is that i got a cycling upgrade right after landing it. it could be a coincidence that i got it at that point, or it could be that the game does indeed detect grinds.

Yea theres little skill bars for everything now, like all your guns and whatnot. The higher you get with your bike, less chance of falling off, high gun skill, you can walk and shoot, etc.

I am almost through the game I think and I still am wondering how to get double guns... :roll:

I am almost through the game I think and I still am wondering how to get double guns... :roll:

ive completed sa and got double guns before about the 3rd last mission (only for uzi tho)

i thought the game was a BIT longer, mission wise; but i still have lots of races and other stuff to do

heh, today ive seen a police jeep driving sideways on 2 wheels thru the whole city :P

i think the next thing i do is get 100 taxi fares so i get nitros in every cab :)

ive never found a skateboard in the game :/ must have been a rumour

I think you get doubles when you totally master whatever weapon. But this game has fulfilled alot of my expectations. It was funny, one day I was like "Man that would be cool if there was one of those planes that lift cars", and then I found out later, there is! :lol:

I hate though, how things seem to disappear after you go a very short distance, its like a step back in the memory Vice City gave us. I am always tryin to keep my eyes on my car for fear it will disappear if I go down a block and a half and turn my view =/

So my biggest beefs are:

1. Views. Ugh, what a way to ruin a perfect game.

2. Disappearing cars and stuff distance shortened again

I cant think of anything else right now, so they must not be too horrible :)

Oh, and one more car update, I found yet another training school, a bike training school :D Once you finish with golds (I think you need to) a bike named somethin like GCR - 900 or somethin appears outside, and this must indeed be the fastest of the fast. You get to blur speed before you even hear its engine roar up real high.

So heres the order of (fast) bikes in speed:

1. GCR-900 (not sure of exact name)

2. FCR-900

3. PCJ-600

4. HPV-1000 (police bike)

If someone objects, please say so

I think you get doubles when you totally master whatever weapon. But this game has fulfilled alot of my expectations. It was funny, one day I was like "Man that would be cool if there was one of those planes that lift cars", and then I found out later, there is! :lol:

i didnt found that one yet :shock: sounds awesome for some blue mod

im a bit disapointed with the weapons, i mean they could have at least added a grenade launcher or something new... the satchel bombs roch tho, i like to glue 30 of them on a car or on peds :P

hmm, i used it but didnt notice heat seeking, do you have to lock on?

I noticed somethin else that makes me mad today, you can customize sporty cars and get them all rigged up, but so far all the racing stuff I've tried puts you at the starting line in whatever car that suits the race. I don't think theres any racing I can use my custom car for? :roll:

Its like the VC Racer selection thing, but you dont go to the starting line with your car, it just warps you there in whatever car all the time.

First: You need to have a vehicle in sight when in aiming-pose with the rocket-launcher. Then you'll see a green lockon target on the vehicle. Wait till it gets red and fire! Presto the nuke will follow its target.

Second: There is indeed no way that you can use a modded vehicle in any of the races in San Andreas. You will have to do it with the vehicle given. (plus modding doesn't make a vehicle handle any better only the nitro's give you a great boost) :)

man, that was a big mistake. Especially because you do the mission with Cesar that you race in a lowrider, the one that you bring to his house. You could nitrous that thing up. It was awesome during the race.

I am thinking they made that not possible because they couldn't program the AI to use nitrous well enough and you could smoke the computer too easy with nitrous.

A little drag racing game would have been nice too along with nitrous bikes but oh well :cry:

heh I like that bike, looks good and its fast :)

I've taken some pics for you PC owners, probably similar ones on all the SA fan sites =)

The 60 million $ project from Area

jetpack2.th.jpg jetpack.th.jpg

NRG 500

nrg500.th.jpg nrg500_1.th.jpg

This chopper is awesome to use in one of the missions, you have to transport a armored truck with the help of a magnet, hanging from the heli =)

Sky Crane

leviathan.th.jpg

sadly this feature is not in the normal choppers only in the mission :/

edit: might as well add the Bandito, luv the sound of that engine!

Bandito

5921.th.jpg

Edited by Guest
yep, most of the pics are not working

anyway, 2 people confirmed me that lazlow was back in sa on a talkradio station (yay!) now i'm wondering..... which station is it? :)

heh thats right mb, he's indeed back :D

I think he does some interviews on WCTR ;)

gonna try and fix those pics now =)

all pics are working here. oh, and thank you for the spoiler! :roll::wink:

how do you take those pics? video-in on your video card?

nah sadly I didn't look for VIVO when buying my gfx card, my bad :P

got a cheap tuner card, works fine :)

Just post here if you want more spoilers!! :twisted:8)

(have to recomplete all the game, save game was corrupted)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...