GTASA - released (follow up to pool resources thread)

Ransom

nice car! it must be a realy good game , but why the hell do they need to let the PC users wait 8 FRIGGIN'MONTHS?????. Why dont they just release it one month later or so?

cause sony put in contract that gta series stay on ps2 only for X month so people must buy the game and a ps2 or wait x month to have the game on PC and maybe xbox later... fucking Money makers...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that banshee pic part of a cutscene? or maybe it was rendered on Rockstars machines (not from a PS2)? or possibly its just artwork...

i cant wait to get the game, its been 8 days now since i pre-ordered :evil:

lol I told ya man, as I said in the news thread, preording sucks. Just go pick it up. I always find it a Wal-Mart the day its out as long as I get there 6-9 hours after release where I live.

I learned my lesson with VC. EBgames 2 day shipping, well including getting shipping STARTED and such and being here in time to be delivered to my house, it took 4 days. I went to Wal-Mart and I looked in the games section, sure enough about 4-5 Vice Citys were left sitting there. I was like oh my freakin gawd... no more preordering EVER :P. So I just bought it at Wal-Mart and sold a copy to a friend the next day (cause I knew there would be people that still wanted the game after it was sold out).

Anyways, as for the planes, I'll say something about them once I get to them, but so far no helicopters or planes (sorry I'm not the type that tries to beat the game within a week of getting it, and thank god I don't have that kind of time on my hands nowadays).

Ok a little more info for ya:

You can drive into the water with a car, and still get out and start swimming away, even if someones on a mission with ya :) it is nice not looking at the water as certain death anymore.

It worked on me... my PSTwo should be arriving this week

Caution: You are dangerously eager to get this game :shock:

Umm.. dunno

Anyways, intresting, theres an [edit]FCR-900[/edit], found because you have to use it in one of the missions, it seems superior to the PCJ600 in looks and speed. I think this bike might actually be the top dog. It looks just like a bike you'd see one of those crazy motorcycle groupies standing up on.

My only big beef with GTASA is the lack of a good camera angle for driving. GTA3 had this great camera angle, just a tad above the car. But, like Vice City, San Andreas leaves this view out so you can only look somewhat above the car, too far above the car, or just go for the hood cam, sad really. Vice City was acceptable with this because of the flat terrain, but San Andreas, well you get blind sided and fly over hills only to find a car waiting at a stop light. Very hard to drive sometimes, especially when you put fog into the brew. :(

Edited by Guest

My only big beef with GTASA is the lack of a good camera angle for driving. GTA3 had this great camera angle, just a tad above the car. But, like Vice City, San Andreas leaves this view out so you can only look somewhat above the car, too far above the car, or just go for the hood cam, sad really. Vice City was acceptable with this because of the flat terrain, but San Andreas, well you get blind sided and fly over hills only to find a car waiting at a stop light. Very hard to drive sometimes, especially when you put fog into the brew. :(

if you move the stick vertical while driving a car you can move ther cam but after you leave the stick it goes back to normal which is pretty annoying especially while doing the last driving school mission in SF

you can find a dodo in LS on the ap if you climb over the fences (skimmer handling style :/)

once ive tried to fly to LV but in the middle of the map some military harrier shot me with 3 missiles and my dodo exploded

ive only found 1 heli in SF w/o locked doors but on the ap theres tons of nice planes standing around

stunting wise SA just rocks, theres hundreds of awesome spots and especially alot of long grinds :)

you can do backflips with bikes (ive never managed to fall off till yet :P)

and the bmx is just sick tho a bit unrealistic since you can bunny hop over whole houses once your bike skill is good but i dont mind than, its gonna be alot of fun to do bmx stunts on the pc

oh and another neat thing are the roll-stair that are normally used to get inot a plane, you can hang them on a baggage handler and then bring them in position and you have a great ramp

modding wise it ive seen alot of stuff that ive always wanted for vc, from destructable houses over to dual guns, and im nowhere near the end of the game

....just some stuff i wanted to say, dunno if it was mentioned before

if you move the stick vertical while driving a car you can move ther cam but after you leave the stick it goes back to normal which is pretty annoying especially while doing the last driving school mission in SF

Yea I know, I was going to mention that but, I'm obviously not satisfied with that. But at least I can do it when I get to some gigantic hills for a bit. I hope theres a gameshark code or somethin later to modify one of the camera views.

Driving school is pretty neat, just got done finishing it all gold :) Now you can make cars roll in the air as if they had wings (like Rush 2049). You just let off the gas and push the analog over and it will start rolling. It works great if you start off in a rolling position.

Driving school is pretty neat, just got done finishing it all gold :) Now you can make cars roll in the air as if they had wings (like Rush 2049). You just let off the gas and push the analog over and it will start rolling. It works great if you start off in a rolling position.

now i know why youre about the only person that can beat me in mta gta3 turismo :P

tho that manual barrelroll feature seems a bit unrealistic to me o_O but i couldnt see it yet since i cant be bothered to get all gold medals (thats like getting the licenses in gran turismo 3 :S)

Well, you can do it anyways, but I learned it by doing one of the driving school trainings. Its MUCH easier than GT3 golds ... holy crap that was the worst experience I ever had in my life :P like impossible and then you gotta do it again for 2 minutes perfect, this is a matter of doing something for 10 seconds perfect and you can try instantly over and over.

Edit: Correction for above, I called a bike FCJ600, but I was confused, its FCR-900

Today I got to a flight school (and got all golds of course ;)) and tried the parachuting Nick mentioned, its really neat! You get this backpack and press o to pull the chute. So when you have one, bail out of a plane and have some fun.

You should also be happy to know you can go really high this time, we're talkin like you can't see the ground and just clouds. Its neat being that high when you skydive. The skydive controls are very nice.

Yeah, the parachuting/skydiving is great.

Also, if anyone didn't know, you can try out the parachute from the beginning, just go to Downtown Los Santos and find the really tall building, go into the little yellow marker and it'll take you to the top. Then grab the parachute and jump!

Well, i don't know much about multiplayer yet, but i've seen two icons so far for it. From what i've heard you can just roam about (you can't go too far away from each other as it isn't split screen :? ) and i think there are also special missions you can do together (not sure tho...)

Also, i just found a cool thing (kind-of like the taxi at the hospital when you die in a mission), i was doing this mission for tenpenny where you have to drive to the docks before you do much (and i'd tried it 2 times already), and i got on a bike and a d-pad flashed up in the corner saying TRIP SKIP!!!, so i pressed right and then it said "later that day..." and took me to the docks :D

is that banshee pic part of a cutscene? or maybe it was rendered on Rockstars machines (not from a PS2)? or possibly its just artwork...

i cant wait to get the game, its been 8 days now since i pre-ordered :evil:

lol I told ya man, as I said in the news thread, preording sucks. Just go pick it up. I always find it a Wal-Mart the day its out as long as I get there 6-9 hours after release where I live.

I learned my lesson with VC. EBgames 2 day shipping, well including getting shipping STARTED and such and being here in time to be delivered to my house, it took 4 days. I went to Wal-Mart and I looked in the games section, sure enough about 4-5 Vice Citys were left sitting there. I was like oh my freakin gawd... no more preordering EVER :P. So I just bought it at Wal-Mart and sold a copy to a friend the next day (cause I knew there would be people that still wanted the game after it was sold out).

well, too bad ive never seen those threads :(. its been 15 (FIFTEEN) days now since i ordered it and i still dont have it. i did choose the cheapest shipping but on their site they say it would take 5-10 days. i was really looking forward to playing it this weekend but now its too late. oh well, i learned my lesson to never order online from those bastards again, i guess.

i was around the countryside, cruising on a pcj, then this big brown thing jumps outta nowhere and i see "WASTED"

Im pretty god damned sure it was bigfoot.. :?:shock:

this seriously happned to you? there are SO MANY debates on whether bigfoot is real or rumors, there are fake pics and everything. everyone on the Playstation forums seems to believe its a rumor, lol, there is a lot of contreversy over this.

Well, you can do it anyways, but I learned it by doing one of the driving school trainings. Its MUCH easier than GT3 golds ... holy crap that was the worst experience I ever had in my life :P like impossible and then you gotta do it again for 2 minutes perfect, this is a matter of doing something for 10 seconds perfect and you can try instantly over and over.

perfect for 2 minutes?? lol. there are 300 lap races in GT3 where you have to drive perfect for HOURS before finishing. and what if you crashed on your last lap? that game pissed me off so much, im glad the CD got broken in half. :twisted:

perfect for 2 minutes?? lol. there are 300 lap races in GT3 where you have to drive perfect for HOURS before finishing. and what if you crashed on your last lap? that game pissed me off so much, im glad the CD got broken in half. :twisted:

I'm referring to the medals though, not endurance. I find those easy, but when you have to use one of the most extreme cars in the game to get around the track in 2 minutes, its amazing how impossible it is. I tried like 100 times. It was the car thats like blue and orange I think and you have to race around a course I think is named Seattle. Its like one of the last medals. I gave up knowing once you get them all you gotta do the last one which is where you use like the fastest car in the game and it has some ridiculous standard.

woo! i finally got the game (a couple of days ago) :D

it is HUGE, and the roads are very confusing. i dont know my way around ANY part of town at all. it always takes me 3 full minutes to find my house.

not only is the game enormous with unlimited possibilities and tons of stuff to do, but i am really enjoying the storyline (missions).

the only negative thing i have about the game so far is that its hard to see the blips on the map as well as different icons.

has anyone pulled off any stunts with the BMX yet? i did a grind on a rail in the parking lot of the bike stadium (close to CJ's house). i got a full cycling skill upgrade for that 8). the only stunt i can do is hop into stuff and have the bike spin (180-360 degrees). what other stunts are possible and how do you do them?

btw i have the sickest looking clothes combination :P - blue jeans, black tank, and b&w truckers hat.

the only negative thing i have about the game so far is that its hard to see the blips on the map as well as different icons.

To make it a bit easier - when you're given your objective, go into the map in the menu, move to where it's icon is and press circle - then it puts a big red marker which is easier to see

To make it a bit easier - when you're given your objective, go into the map in the menu, move to where it's icon is and press circle - then it puts a big red marker which is easier to see

ive never thought of using it, it helps a lot, thanks