GTASA - released (follow up to pool resources thread)

Ransom

So what do you think of it? I got it today but I've been busy so I only got to play it for a half an hour. If you want a bit of info...

You can change your clothes (you start out with what you wear only though) and you can take it all off including your shoes and run around in your underwear haha

It looks like R* is taking a lot of pride in the new bicycle as its introduced a few times to start the game.

I paused the game when I left and I noticed... the map is freaking HUGE, its kinda like a real life map cause the roads are tiny :)

So far its okay but health bar instead of a number count is not to my liking, but perhaps allows a better damage system.

So tell what you think and don't forget to put SPOILERS if you got something major you want to say.

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry no-can-do (I'm without a camera) but I'm sure theres somebody getting the game soon that will.

Some things I noticed while reading the instruction manual and also from playing:

In car controls theres nitrous under circle... you know what that means :)

You can swim

The combat system is a lot better

You can learn new fighting moves at karate places

if you want to know more just let me know I'll try and tell some interesting things.

Edited by Guest

Sorry but I cant answer that either! I've only played a few hours now (of course they always save the helis and planes for later), but man trust me I really want to play this game more, its fun!

Some more things...

I tried nitrous, its awesome! Your car goes extremely fast and things blur by (things also blur by when going fast normally but not nearly as much). If you've ever player Need For Speed Underground, well its that kind of blur. Really cool!

Cars can be modded to have things, I haven't looked at it alot yet, but besides nitrous theres upgrades like different tops, exhaust pipes, etc. Nothing insane, but its neat.

You can get people from your gang on the street to follow you by locking on the them and hitting up on the dpad, you can also tell them to stay put or follow you.

Driving is a lot more realistic now, it takes a lot longer to stop, things blur by at fast speeds (as mentioned above), turning, and other little improvements.

You can rob houses at night, you have to get a certain car to do it, then you go inside and sneak around with a noise meter, getting whatever it is, then sneaking out and loading it into the mail-like truck. When you're done you drive away back to a lockup. I don't know much except in the game it said theres "many houses" to rob.

You can aim manually now with handguns and such.

I hope I haven't made any of you Europeans too anxious for the game ;)

Edit: Theres also a marker you can place on the map because its so big and theres so many icons, i use it quite a bit because the roads can be difficult sometimes.

There are huge hills! So there's lots of topsy turvy roads!

San Andreas seems nice but I'm not sure if it is still in the Sony contract..

Because if it is,the pc version will be forced to have ps2's shit textures and shit processing..Although it would still be good :)

DomSpy:I figure it has the Stinger..I mean,all the gtas (Correct me if I'm wrong) had a stinger..

You know something?

I'd recommend people who are only getting it for the pc to not read any information about San Andreas..

I played the ps2 version and when I got the pc one I didn't get the usual "Whoohoo new game feeling :onlyamother: " just didn't feel well.. :)

Yeah, its looking like a gigantic game so far. Theres some neat missions.

One quick note: Theres gas tanks now (little circle caps on cars), and you can explode the car easier by shooting them.

Also, LOADING IS MUCH MUCH FASTER HALLEA FREAKIN LOO YA - it loads quite a bit when you turn the game on, theres about a 30 second waiting bar so I guess its all taken care of there.

Some cars I have come across are:

car that looks like voodoo (carl crouches in front of it in gtasa pic) - I put nitrous in that thing :)

Buffalo - Some kinda more luxury car, pretty fast, kinda like deluxo

Bicycle (also in pics)

mountain bike (goes up hills and such much better)

BF400 - Like the PCJ600 but not as fast

Sanchez - still here :)

HPV1000 - police bike, these mothers can book! Consider these the new PCJ600's for now as far as I'm concerned ... also fyi its hard to knock cops off bikes!

Vincent - looks a bit like a bmw in the front, back tail lights are large

sabre - still here :)

Perennial car thats like a station wagon - still here :(

Sandler - a normal truck

Stratum - a newer age station wagon

Virgo - Still here :|

Glendale - Kinda like oceanview but better (have those ever been in mta? lol)

Hermes - still here :|

Of course the good ole high performance cop cars (good ole black and whites are back)

Lots of old cars make a return, I could find more but I really want to play this with the little time I have! Hope this is somewhat sufficient.

HPV1000 - police bike, these mothers can book! Consider these the new PCJ600's for now as far as I'm concerned ... also fyi its hard to knock cops off bikes!

Yep after seeing that bike on pics, can't wait to try it out myself

Perennial car thats like a station wagon - still here :(

lol always hated that car, but there has to be cars for the lower classes as well :P

Lots of old cars make a return, I could find more but I really want to play this with the little time I have! Hope this is somewht sufficient.

don't tell me though that the cars look exactly the same, the gfx must make them look better, and R* must've modified the old cars a little bit? but then again we get to modify them ourselves ;)

oh and thanks for the info Ransom, appreciate it.

hehe, snuck into the airport last nite... can't get in the gates to the runway without a pilot's liscense ( woohoo flight school!!!) so anywhooo, i parked my car near the rear wall at the back of the ap and used it to climb the wall(also woohoo) ran all the way up the runway to find a jet (looks like a Leer or some shit) flies very well. nuthin' like bailin out at 5,000 feet lol. Also got shot down by a Harrier jet , so my next plan is to find a Harrier. But if you enter a locked island early, the cops are on your ass bad. and they won't go away even after a pay n' spray.

One thing i don't like is the radar map. it's too small and the icons get crowded. Hard to see if the suns shining outside while i play. or maybe i just need a bigger T.V. :lol: .

One thing i don't like is the radar map. it's too small and the icons get crowded. Hard to see if the suns shining outside while i play. or maybe i just need a bigger T.V. :lol: .

I agree with the radar, but at least they planned on that a little by letting you place a marker where you plan on going (press O on the pause map wherever you want it and O again to disable it). I have used it quite a bit already as the marker is much easier to goto on the radar.

The sun... lol well that made me think about the sun ingame, its somewhat annoying that theres a constant orange tint all the time, I hope theres a code or gameshark code later to lighten that stuff up or something.

To Scorp: I haven't noticed much change in the cars but they do look different because of the new graphics. BTW two more cars:

Clover - looks like a random mixture of two colors of car parts kinda like a junker, but it looks like a Sabre Turbo and isn't that slow at all

Voodoo - Makes a return! This time its more like the Oceanview (in appearance only thank god), so this time no hydraulics, that new car (Carl is crouching in front of), now I know as "Savanna", takes care of that. It looks a lot like Ice Cube's (doughboy's) car in the movie Boyz in tha Hood.

Picador - Like a car but with a truck type holding space in the back, thats the only way I can explain it. I know some cars like that in my town that are for a pest control company.

Another comment... I like the new gun fire blasts and especially the EXPLOSIONS. I was so tired of the flashing orange light explosions. These are actually like fireballs. Much more entertaining and much more fun to explode stuff.

One more thing, a little misleading about the "circle" gas cap thing. Some cars have them, but lots have a covering, so you can shoot at the sqaure gas tank cover, not some stupid little circle thing. I guess thats just for some older styled cars.

Well off again to my (now) busy life :roll: bbl

Guess what I found today that makes a return...

the Banshee! :o

PCJ600 also is actually in the game, along with the packer

and correction above, Savana doesnt come with hydraulics, but the first one you get does. You can upgrade cars to get the hydraulics/nitrous.

Edited by Guest

Well it goes pretty fast, I already lost it cause I was on a mission so I couldn't really save it, so I'll have to find another one. But it looked nicer and it was pretty damn fast. This is great news, thats like one of my favorite cars.

Yes it looks like the GTA3 one but it just looks better. It looks larger too.

Another thing, you can play 2 players it seems, I guess one player plays as the girlfriend. Its activated by going to her doorstep and I assume deactivated the same way, I guess its like taking her back home.

Isn't she a beaut? :)

Sorry if I'm just saying things everyone already knows, but I didn't bother looking at a bunch of sites to find stuff this time around, I just waited to see things myself.

As Doon mentioned the gang turfs thing, well what you do is kill like 3 of their gang in that territory, but has to be on foot, and you start a gangwar. Then theres 3 waves, each getting stronger that come at you. Its freakin hard unless you try to cheat the ai by running circles around blocks or something. But they are still hard to beat, they come in 3 different groups around the war area, and you're not supposed to leave that certain area once you start the war. I guess it deactivates after a shortwhile that you leave the area if you do. The territories you have add more money to a revenue in front of your home (first save point). But man, its really friggin hard for me right now to get them, even with 3 gang members helping!

I have gone through about half of the map, this game is a true beauty, probably one of the greatest games ever created yet. Theres what seem like real length highways between cities, so you can get some serious speed (especially with nitrous). So don't think its too vacant somewhat like GTA3 or too crowded to gain speed like VC, cause this games got a bit of everything! Theres even a friggin mountain! The cars are much more tuned to the terrain since elevation changes alot now. So BF Injection (yes it makes a return and its friggin fast this time), 4 wheelers, mountain bikes, sanchez, rancher, regina (both also returning), etc. work much better to climb the extreme hill terrain on the outskirts of town.

I really think you guys are gonna like this one, they listened to all our complaints and wants, so GTA3 features return and so do VC, making a perfect game (and I laugh when I used to say GTA3 city with VC features would make the best GTA, San Andreas is the bomb).