Vice City *IMPORTANT*

Neo

I don't have Vice City for PC yet, but a very good friend of mine, says that if you guys put GTA3s maps and stuff into the Vice City 'system'...the game will look a LOT better.

He said that Vice City is SO much more 'rounded off' in terms of grahpics....like they look a lot better...

I'm not saying you guys should RUSH into this, but it would be nice for the GTAW thing to be for Vice City with their kickass graphics...instead of just GTA3....

You guys gotta find a way so no one gets left out...so the games are interchangable...and stuff like that ;)

Thanks for reading...

*hopes for the team to understand my ideas*

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k...

I'll try tomorow after my hard day of work...

If you're rigth, there no problem in making GTAWO in Vice engine only(perhaps even mta:vice edition) BUT :

I really (really), really (really really) have doubt about it since Vice has more actors than GTA3 and the actor table is different, and the weapons are differents (nd they are coded in the GTA3(or vice).exe, so i'm pretty sure all your friend tells you is lies...

The map was not done for flying in it, we should have to remap all the thing and it could take monthes and monthes only to do this.

And btw, there can't be smoother graphX since GTA3 texture are 16 bit (or 24 i don't remember) and Vice are 32. So this is another hint your friend tells you lies.

I'll try tomorow (that'll be the very first thing i'll do before running the game, i know it 99% by PS2...), and i'll confirm this or have to find excuses... :D

AND if i've got to find excuses... We'll never give you files unmoded from GTA3, don't dream... We're not crackers, we're modders (it's a harder job ;) ).

Yakuzzza 8)

Okay, I think you might of got me all wrong...

Yes it would be cool to COMBINE the 2 cities.

BUT!

I think my true real point I'm trying to make is about the Graphics. My friend keeps telling me how much better Vice City's Graphics are than normal GTA3. I just thought it might be cool to have multiplayer with motor cycles helicopters and cooler graphics...I dunno what you guys can do with it tho.

Uhh, but at least ALWAYS keep working on this mod ya got going here...and then test some GTAW and Vice City stuff now and then. I guess multiplayer will make this one a lot more fun anyway :)

how does addin gta3 maps to the vice city folder..makes the game graphics better...can u expliane?

thxz

It doesn't. His friend is full of it.

The textures have different names and different compressions ETC.

THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES PEOPLE! Just because they both have "Grand Theft Auto" in the name and look very much the same does not make them compatible.

They are not completely different games - they both use the same engine. But the maps both are flagged differently for the different games

If your friend was right, he would probably give us a piccy or two

Actually, I might just try this :D

Ok Neo, sorry...

'cause i didn't understood well your message... ;)

You said "My friend told me IF liberty was in vice city engine"

I misunderstood. But already i think there no possibility to port this easy way. It can't be done like this

And, to guys who don't trust us, you'll be amazed.

For another guy :

I KNOW THE WAY TO DO GTAWO, AND IT'LL WORk. All we'll can do is waiting vice's main.scm to be decyphered. It was done in six month for GTA3. Don't trust me... mmm... Should i care ? :roll:

A friend of mine may (now, not migth) release too a C based language to mission editing. I can trust him. :D. He should be your god as he's mine now. ;)

Perhaps we'll have to release a first version of GTAWO before knowing how to mission editing Vice ('cause RedSpike told you way to much about this, and now all people is aware of it). So we are looking for a modded city, the beautifullest possible and with an airport (and realistic...). Does anyone knows one ?

(for those who read all threads 'bout GTAWO (see 0.3b forum). I think 0.2 will be released before 0.1 lol. The game should be multi before single. Sorry... We'll try to make it single as we can but it'll be harder than i though ;)

Yakuzzza 8)

how does addin gta3 maps to the vice city folder..makes the game graphics better...can u expliane?

thxz

It is not the same graphics engine. U don't need such a fast pc as in GTA3 and Vice City looks better, not ONLY the textures

I have no faith at all in REDSPIKE. Sorry, but a project like this... It's just not going to happen. Even so, if you combine the two cities not only is it illegal but it is just ruining it for the others that aren't buying Vice City

yes, this is a multiplayer mod that adds this feature to GTA3. if they have to put the gta3 world in the gta:vc "system" the mod will be too large to download.

I am almost sure you would need to have GTA3 and Vice city to let the GTAWORLD mod work. (I have both :D) I hope they would use Vice City as the engine. The executable from Vice city is almost 2x as large as GTA3

And btw, there can't be smoother graphX since GTA3 texture are 16 bit (or 24 i don't remember) and Vice are 32. So this is another hint your friend tells you lies.

Yakuzzza 8)

Actually, I have VC for the PC, and it does have much smoother graphics. IT runs a lot better then GTA3 does, even though the graphics are better looking too. Lights have trailers and shine a lot better, the sun glints off of the cars, and everything in general looks quite a bit better, and the game runs much smoother, especially on lower end systems.

k...

I'll try tomorow after my hard day of work...

If you're rigth, there no problem in making GTAWO in Vice engine only(perhaps even mta:vice edition) BUT :

I really (really), really (really really) have doubt about it since Vice has more actors than GTA3 and the actor table is different, and the weapons are differents (nd they are coded in the GTA3(or vice).exe, so i'm pretty sure all your friend tells you is lies...

The map was not done for flying in it, we should have to remap all the thing and it could take monthes and monthes only to do this.

I'll try tomorow (that'll be the very first thing i'll do before running the game, i know it 99% by PS2...), and i'll confirm this or have to find excuses... :D

AND if i've got to find excuses... We'll never give you files unmoded from GTA3, don't dream... We're not crackers, we're modders (it's a harder job ;) ).

Yakuzzza 8)

Yakuza, sorry, but you are wrong. The engine is the same, but its been updated and more 'rounded off' than it was for GTA3. Its nice because now I can lave the frame limiter off and i get around 60FPS all the time. where as if I turned it off in GTA3 it would onyl get to 60 if I was overlooking water.

The VC version of the engine is alot better and smoothed out quite a bit more.

No, it's NOT the same exact graphics engine. Vice City has more features to it and most of the effects and such look better. See any raindrops on your screen in GTA3? What about motorcycles with accurate physics?

Look around in Vice City, you'll see the differences.

The graphics engine is the same, regardless of the executable filesize, models, textures etc. it is all the same engine. the engine itself renders the environment & models. what is rendered in vice city can be rendered in gta3 and vice versa. this is proven, as i have moved models and textures between both games.

No, it's NOT the same exact graphics engine. Vice City has more features to it and most of the effects and such look better. See any raindrops on your screen in GTA3? What about motorcycles with accurate physics?

Look around in Vice City, you'll see the differences.

that is the most idiotic thing i have read on this forum. the rain drops are simplistic decals. they could be easily implemented into GTA3, they are simply a gimic contained within the engine. and as for motorcycles, the accurate physics are not based on the rendering engine, but the script which controls the way the model behaves. simply export the model and the script, copy them to the original GTA3 folder(s) and the motorcycle will work in GTA3 exactly the same as it does in GTA3:VC.

It is not the same engine, its modified and improved a bit from the orginal.

Ahhh, someone that's not talking out of their ass. THANK YOU!!!

Ohh, and BTW, trying jumping out of a car or motorcycle in GTA3 while it's moving. Ohh yeah, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU CAN'T!!!

it is the GTA3 engine, there is no 2 ways about it. half of you seem to think the engine consists of the models contained withing, IT IS NOT. The engine renders the objects, obviously they are going to be different, that is the whole idea of releasing a sequel.

Its like half life and gunman chronicles. Same game engine, different models textures and content. Quake 3 and Star Trek: Elite Force. Same engine, different shit.

You think the coders of GTA3 wrote a completely new graphics engine for GTA3:VC ? Think of what you are saying before you say it. It is the same engine with new models textures and a few extra shit. I have moved models and textures between games, im not giving you an opinion, im telling you the plain facts. The engines are one and the same.

Edited by Guest
Ahhh, someone that's not talking out of their ass. THANK YOU!!!

Ohh, and BTW, trying jumping out of a car or motorcycle in GTA3 while it's moving. Ohh yeah, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU CAN'T!!!

how many times do you have to be told.

the way the character performs in GTA3 is nothing to do with the engine. its all scripted you idiot. jumping out of a car is down to a series of coded events that take place when the key to exit the car is pressed. the script exectues and the graphics engine renders it. the same script in GTA3 would render the exact same thing. you really cannot grasp this fact can you.

Edited by Guest