Vice City *IMPORTANT*

Neo

Ahhh, someone that's not talking out of their ass. THANK YOU!!!

Ohh, and BTW, trying jumping out of a car or motorcycle in GTA3 while it's moving. Ohh yeah, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU CAN'T!!!

how many times do you have to be told.

the way the character performs in GTA3 is nothing to do with the engine. its all scripted you idiot. jumping out of a car is down to a series of coded events that take place when the key to exit the car is pressed. the script exectues and the graphics engine renders it. the same script in GTA3 would render the exact same thing. you really cannot grasp this fact can you.

I know it's the same graphics engine. Never said it wasn't. But, the in-game features have improved over GTA3. To me, it's like GTA3 was ironed out and out came GTA:VC. And, because of these new features, VC should be used over GTA3 for a multiplayer mod. No point in re-inventing the wheel.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And btw, there can't be smoother graphX since GTA3 texture are 16 bit (or 24 i don't remember) and Vice are 32. So this is another hint your friend tells you lies.

um, if im not mistaken, 32 bit colors are better than 16, are u confused or something????

i know VC looks alot better in 32 than it does in 16... 16 like blurs the text together..

the graphics engine is different. it draws things different.

it also has new settings for helicopters hard coded in etc

yet again, i say, THE WAY THINGS PERFORM AND/OR REACT ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RENDERING ENGINE. The helicopter is rendered by the graphics engine, it is controlled and regulated by a script engine. Try and understand this, it really isnt that hard to take in.

Yes that was a typo. I love typos... :D

Gta3's engine isn't the same as Gta:vc. But Gta3's engine isn't different to Gta:vc.

;)

8) Yakuzzza

PS : If they were the same, files could be ported directly into gta:vc. But they aren't so different. As far as i know, mission engine is near (it's gta3 mission engine with more opcodes). I don't know anything for the graphX.

There the same bloody engine, how hard can that be to understand... I cant think of any games off the top of my head to describe this but i will just use Half-Life... It is a old game, the graphics are crap. Say if you downloaded a Fusion Pack (Skin, Models, Sounds.. so on) and installed that then the graphics go remarkably better, less blocky and everything. ALSO if a slow PC runs half life they get blocky graphics BUT a fast PC runs Half Life they get less blocky grahpics...

Its the same bloody engine it has just been tweaked to be that extra little bit better with new models N scripts N coding and junk.. Now lets end all this sillyness. THE ENGINE IS THE SAME ONE !.

Both Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City use the Renderware Engine. The Vice City engine has certain 'tweaks' that allow more visually stimulating effects (especially for PC) that allow things like more detailed models, and larger texture sizes. At the heart, they are the same. The Vice City engine 'upgrade' is really just newer.

But how do you explain the fact that the new GTA Vice City runs much better (higher framerates) than GTA3 on same PC (for me it's 100% true - Tbird1400, GF4TI4400, 512DDR)

Is it bugfixed engine or something? :lol:

Yer i agree with that guy just before i read his post i was just about to say lock the dam topic !!.

And also im pretty shocked now...

Think monkeys. Humans share 99.8% of a chimp's DNA, but we're obviously different

... REALLY !!! ???, That cant be true, im not a monkey.. am i ??

lol... this topic is waaaay to repetetive, but heres my opinion:

The engine is different... but its only different because they tweaked it.

So... you could also say its the same, but just tweaked.

Both the same thing.

It is the same engine and it isnt. It depends how you look at it!!!

also.. look at the halflife engine.. and using the SDK you can add all kinds of extra graphical things, and you can totally change the game to seem as if its not the same engine.

but who realy cares anyway?