A...Running MTA server off my Webhosts

Guest killer911

i am so confused here can some one help me out how can i run my mta server off my webhosting which has provided me cgi,sql,phyton 55 gb bandwitdh 5 gb space ?? or is it not possible to run server off the webhost?? that porvides space for webistes . Its running Linux And i wonder what needs to be done to start or execute mta servers on webhost??? so please let me know if thats possible or i need to look for some gaming server providers??? :roll:

you are all wrong , you can run it off your webhost if it supports running executable sand "keeping them running" and if they support port forwarding to your server IP (which is higly unlikely BTW.) . You should be able to upload the Linux server to them via sll and executing it. Please ask your webhost for details.

you are all wrong , you can run it off your webhost if it supports running executable sand "keeping them running" and if they support port forwarding to your server IP (which is higly unlikely BTW.) . You should be able to upload the Linux server to them via sll and executing it. Please ask your webhost for details.

I didn't mean that it was impossible. I just meant that I couldn't imagine many hosting companies being in favour of the idea.

Thanks for the replies guys i guess i cant run it off my webhost i have cPanel Accoount on me and here is a list of items on cPanel that i have.. Plus i dont know what u mean by running it via telnet and dont know how to connect to the host and what port?

do i conenct to the port that i login to cpanel?

Mail Webmail Change Password Parked Domains

Addon Domains FTP Manager File Manager

Disk usage Backup Password Protect Directories

Error pages MySQL Databases PostgreSQL Databases

Subdomains Redirects Frontpage Extensions Web/FTP Stats

Raw Access Logs Raw Log Manager Error log

Subdomain Stats Search Engine Submit Chatroom

PhpMyChat Bulletin Board CGI Center Scripts Library

Interchange Shopping Cart Agora Shopping Cart

Cron jobs MIME Types Apache Handlers

Manage OpenPGP Keys HotLink Protection

Index Manager IP Deny Manager Change Language

SSL Manager Fantastico

So let me know as i am confused what the hell r those things and would i be able to run mta server off it and is there any php scriipt for MTA server

:D