MTA Server IP [SOLVED]

quality

Hi guys. I have a problem. I installed my windows yesterday. Before that, my mta server was running perfect locally and also was open for public. all my ports were open.

Today when I started the server, it detected my automatic ip as my external ip.

For instance, myipadress.com, the ip displayed there would be the same as in my cmd*console window.

When I join in-game, in Local, the ip is set to my local ip which of course starts with 192.

I cannot port forward because when I go into my modem settings and try to use the external IP because that is the one the mta server displays on my desktop, it says invalid ip, of course, it has to be a 192 ip, the local ip that you're trying to port forward.

Now my issue is, why does it auto detect the external ip and not the local ip?

It worked just fine before and yes I tried to restart my modem.

Thank you

Edited by Guest

Here're the steps:

- Press on the network notification icon (it's in the right corner of the window).

- Press "Open Network and Sharing Center".

- Press "Change adapter settings".

- Right click on the adapter that you use(wifi/lan).

- Press "Status" (the bold one).

- Press "Details..." button.

- You'll find the local IP at "IPv4 Address".

Have fun ;)

Here're the steps:

- Press on the network notification icon (it's in the right corner of the window).

- Press "Open Network and Sharing Center".

- Press "Change adapter settings".

- Right click on the adapter that you use(wifi/lan).

- Press "Status" (the bold one).

- Press "Details..." button.

- You'll find the local IP at "IPv4 Address".

Have fun ;)

and? I know how to use the cmd to find that, I did not ask for that. I know that. Tell me how to make to open my server and when it auto detects the ip to my ipv4 not to my external ip such as myipaddress.com. i would be happy if you told me that, not how to see my local ip, smart ass :lol:

That's rude, I tried to help you because you've said

"it says invalid ip, of course, it has to be a 192 ip, the local ip that you're trying to port forward.

Now my issue is, why does it auto detect the external ip and not the local ip?"

And have fun with rudeness no one will help you that way.

Your local IP is provided by the DNS server in your router and your router has a firewall to block external services from tracking your local IP's, at least until IPv6 i released. This is because there isn't enough IPv4 addresses available to all devices connected to the internet, forcing some devices to share one.

Your local IP is provided by the DNS server in your router and your router has a firewall to block external services from tracking your local IP's, at least until IPv6 i released. This is because there isn't enough IPv4 addresses available to all devices connected to the internet, forcing some devices to share one.

Thanks man, and how do you fix that?

You have to configure your router to forward required ports to the local IP of your server. Your routers external IP will then be used for all traffic outside your LAN. Some routers has limited port forwarding functionality however, find out how to configure this here: http://portforward.com/.

Additionally you can setup a domain name to point at your external IP for a little bit better protection but mainly because a domain looks more professional. Virtual server is another useful feature in case you wish to forward traffic into a different port, in case you run multiple servers on the same network for instance.

You have to configure your router to forward required ports to the local IP of your server. Your routers external IP will then be used for all traffic outside your LAN. Some routers has limited port forwarding functionality however, find out how to configure this here: http://portforward.com/.

Additionally you can setup a domain name to point at your external IP for a little bit better protection but mainly because a domain looks more professional. Virtual server is another useful feature in case you wish to forward traffic into a different port, in case you run multiple servers on the same network for instance.

I know how to port forward. Everything worked fine before. When I start my server, it auto-detects my external IP not LOCAL. If it was local I would not have posted this topic.

Anyone can help me out?

And I cannot port forward my external IP in my router config.

While it should have been my PUBLIC ip, below you can see when I join its my 192.etc.etc which is my local ip.

rsz_dwmpo.jpg

Basically my problem is, the local and external IPs are changed with places, the external IP is in place of local IP and the local IP is in place of external IP,

Please help me, anyone. Thank you.

I know how to port forward. My problem is the external ip mate. I cannot put the external ip in my router configuration. It says invalid IP,

It's invalid because the "external IP" is the IPv4 address used to access your router from the outside world. Why would you forward a port in your router to your router?

After I re-installed my windows, my external IP is detected on my server on start up, and no it has enough devices so there is no conflict.
Your operating system has nothing to do with your IP addresses. Did you install your router at the same time as you reinstalled your operating system?
What might be happening is the auto bot from game-state.com com detects it, I added my server beofe there and after I re installed my windows it's still there with my external IP, therefore when I start this new server it auto-detects that IP but it is not the same server therefore I cannot claim it and remove it. I asked the admins there to remove it, no answer, made few topics, no answer. It worked perfectly before, I can even change my local IP in settings and it works, but every time I start up my server it starts with the 70 ip not 192 and in my router configurtaion I CANNOT do the port forward with a 70 IP, it has to be 192 which im assuming it has to be the local IP not external. I don't know if you understood me, but thanks for helping with what you can.
game-state has nothing to do with this either, like all devices outside your LAN they can only see your routers IP (the one you call "external"). That's the IP used to communicate with your network from the outside world. If you changed your server there is a chance that you deleted the key files which caused your server to generate new keys, that means it will look like a different server. game-state sees a different server as well.
I already know about the forwarding and everything, my problem is the ip on start up and it worked fine before, before it used to start with my local ip and in-game would be 2 servers, one local whihc is only mine and the one with external IP which was public and port forwarded. Now it starts with external IP and i cannot port forward this IP.

Is it possible to be game-state problem?

See above answer and don't worry about game state, offline servers are removed after a month and if a new server appears on the same IP and port you should be able to claim it, otherwise it's a problem related to game state.
I know how to port forward. My problem is the external ip mate. I cannot put the external ip in my router configuration. It says invalid IP,

It's invalid because the "external IP" is the IPv4 address used to access your router from the outside world. Why would you forward a port in your router to your router?

After I re-installed my windows, my external IP is detected on my server on start up, and no it has enough devices so there is no conflict.
Your operating system has nothing to do with your IP addresses. Did you install your router at the same time as you reinstalled your operating system?
What might be happening is the auto bot from game-state.com com detects it, I added my server beofe there and after I re installed my windows it's still there with my external IP, therefore when I start this new server it auto-detects that IP but it is not the same server therefore I cannot claim it and remove it. I asked the admins there to remove it, no answer, made few topics, no answer. It worked perfectly before, I can even change my local IP in settings and it works, but every time I start up my server it starts with the 70 ip not 192 and in my router configurtaion I CANNOT do the port forward with a 70 IP, it has to be 192 which im assuming it has to be the local IP not external. I don't know if you understood me, but thanks for helping with what you can.
game-state has nothing to do with this either, like all devices outside your LAN they can only see your routers IP (the one you call "external"). That's the IP used to communicate with your network from the outside world. If you changed your server there is a chance that you deleted the key files which caused your server to generate new keys, that means it will look like a different server. game-state sees a different server as well.
I already know about the forwarding and everything, my problem is the ip on start up and it worked fine before, before it used to start with my local ip and in-game would be 2 servers, one local whihc is only mine and the one with external IP which was public and port forwarded. Now it starts with external IP and i cannot port forward this IP.

Is it possible to be game-state problem?

See above answer and don't worry about game state, offline servers are removed after a month and if a new server appears on the same IP and port you should be able to claim it, otherwise it's a problem related to game state.

They deleted my server, so it is not a game-state related problem. I don;'t know what to do next. I'm trying to make a counter strike source server and see if I have the same problem. Any other adivce?

What I tried to do is connect using wi fi from my iPhone with hotspot. I got same problem, the mta server auto-detected the external IP of my hotspot network, not the local. What could this be? windows or mta problem? sure it's not a router problem as I tried two different networks.

also when I installed mta, i had a issue, it said could not install microsoft visual studio 2003 or whatever year, but the installation will continue, could this be a cause?