Just as you thought MTA was clean.

I dont know what is going on with MTAVC, But when i play MTAVC, Webroot Spy Sweeper TM Tells me that i have H@tKeysH@@k Running on my memory, I deleted it and i restarted, But its still there. Heres some backround information on the spyware that runs in your memory.

"H@tKeysH@@k is a trojan that records all keystrokes typed and stores the information into a log file for later retrieval."

ADWARE Description:

Name:

H@tKeysH@@k

Author:

Unknown

Category:

System Monitor

Threat Assessment:

High

Description:

H@tKeysH@@k is a keystroke monitoring program that records all keyboard activity.

Characteristics:

H@tKeysH@@k records all keystrokes typed, including passwords. The program runs in the background, so it is invisible to the user. The collected information is stored into a log file for later retrieval.

Method of Infection:

H@tKeysH@@k is usually disguised as a harmless program and distributed as an email attachment. Once you open the attachment, the trojan installs itself onto your computer without your knowledge.

Additional Comments:

This program is also known as HotKeysHook.

Thanks MTA For fucking up my computer!

I have 3.0 fully updated,

3.0? there is no mta OR gta version such as that. if youre refering to mta 0.3, the latest version of mta is 0.4.1. note that there were no problems with 0.3 eather.

Is yours wared?.

nope. original like a baby's ass. but if yours is, maybe you installed the warez gta which had the keylogger in it.

Anyways i know it was MTA because theres a file in /system32 named gtavchotkeys.dll

it says gtavchotkeys.dll. that doesnt say ANYTHING about mta. that might be an addon that you might have added to gta. are you trying to cheat, boy?

1. fair enough.

2. can believe that. from where you bought those two?

3. just checking. from where did you download mta?

btw, there is no gtavchotkeys.dll in gta or mta whatsoever. i uninstall and installed mtavc 0.1, 0.2, 0.22 0.3rc2, 0.4, and 0.4.1. all checked with the full spysweeper (warez, yet its the full version).

non installed anything new in /system or /system32.

i think that if mta had any adware/spyware in it, someone of the about 10000 people who had actually played mta before you would have noticed it. not to mension people who are much more expirinced with you about things like that lurking in the irc and forum.

Theres definately no spyware of any kind in mta, or in VC for that matter.

Firstly where did you download mta from? It's possible someone may have offered an infected version (most virii can be attatched to ANY executable) so if you downloaded from anywhere but mtavc.com or our mirrors thats a possibility.

Secondly did you download Vice City? If so the same applies, and frankly you deserve what you get if it IS a pirated copy and you became infected in this way.

Thirdly its possible, although unlikely, that you have a virus that just happened to infect the first executable you ran afterwards, in your case Vice city.

My money is on option two.

Like MrBump said, MTA does not have any spyware in it.

The software you're using looks for code in executable files that resembles code of known malicious programs. If it has detected any problem with MTA, it would probably be in the dynamic link library, since our DLL uses some simliar hooking procedures to take control of the game. Rest assured these hooking procedures only deal with the game to enable us to interface it (i.e. graphical updates, other technology).

-Derek Abdine

aka "slush"

Theres definately no spyware of any kind in mta, or in VC for that matter.

Firstly where did you download mta from? It's possible someone may have offered an infected version (most virii can be attatched to ANY executable) so if you downloaded from anywhere but mtavc.com or our mirrors thats a possibility.

Secondly did you download Vice City? If so the same applies, and frankly you deserve what you get if it IS a pirated copy and you became infected in this way.

Thirdly its possible, although unlikely, that you have a virus that just happened to infect the first executable you ran afterwards, in your case Vice city.

My money is on option two.

I bought Vice City, I think from BJ's. I forgot where i downloaded this. You have no clue what kind of software i got on my pc, I can lock all my ports right now if i wanted, I can do literally anything needed to protect this pc, If you connect to me, my router will lock, and change its IP automaticly and protect me against hackers. I payed big bucks for this system.

I bought Vice City, I think from BJ's. I forgot where i downloaded this. You have no clue what kind of software i got on my pc, I can lock all my ports right now if i wanted, I can do literally anything needed to protect this pc, If you connect to me, my router will lock, and change its IP automaticly and protect me against hackers. I payed big bucks for this system.

What has that got to do with anything? It seems to me that if you're prepared to spend "big bucks" on security, you've definitely got something to hide. And what has that got to do with MTA having / not having spyware?

Is it from Wal-Mart? :lol:

Ok seriously it doesnt sound like you are some big computer whiz making a post like this.

• MTA Team

I'm sorry but only n00bs say that kind of stuff.

MTA is clean, there is no need for any spyware. MTA has been picked up in the past by a virusscanner as well, yet it is not a virus. And just as said before, we use some technologys that look similar to the way viri and spyware uses.

MTA is clean, there is no need for any spyware. MTA has been picked up in the past by a virusscanner as well, yet it is not a virus. And just as said before, we use some technologys that look similar to the way viri and spyware uses.

not to mention port 2003 (the same port netbus used to use as default) :wink:

I dont know what is going on with MTAVC, But when i play MTAVC, Webroot Spy Sweeper TM Tells me that i have H@tKeysH@@k Running on my memory,

This might be totally irrelevent, but have you at some point

downloaded the 'Vice City Weapon Shortcut Keys' form the

download section on mtavc?

If i remember correctly this installed it's own 'keylogger' .dll file.

Maybe that could have given a false alert.

Just a thought......

yeah well, mines on option 3, if it bugs you delete the offending file - and the 2 files next to it just to be sure, and maybe to really make sure you should format your drive

then if you seriously want to make sure you never get another virii, take a sledgehammer to the hard drive and buy a 486 with no external media outlets or serial/usb/firewire ports... now your virus free =P