The whole pause situation..

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the "PAUSE above head" method.

But, if you're playing with your buddies that you know, the "mass pause" would also be good in some situations, so why not make it optional for the admin to choose?

We can, as I've explained, but currently the way I've tried runs the game at a slightly slower speed, so alt+tabbing still gives you an advantage. Clearly even if we could get it to run perfectly, it'd still be potentially possible to pause the process and theres little we could do about that (appart from maybe kicking the player).

eAi

How about if the player pauses or alt+tabs the server temporarily "takes over". What this means, is that the server should take control of the paused players health, and if he is shot at or killed, it should lower his health points or kill him respectively. The server should only be temporarly responsible for the players health points and nothing more - the player will remain in his spot. When the paused player returns, his health points should be updated and he should possibly be killed, if someone has killed him while he was away.

Would that work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i dunno if sbdy already said that but i got an idea to make the pause sit not so stressfull...make the Esc button act like /kill then evrby that pauses will be automaticly moved to the character select menu....what do u think...is this possible...if so u could make it dont make it a suicide but sth kinda different

an issue about pausing that someone forgot to mention is that currently, its impossible to tell if someone is paused or not without shooting them. during a fight, you might waste bullets and valuable time while shooting someone who is paused, or you may travel accross the whole map, chasing after a blip you see on radar of someone who is paused. the blip everyones radar should change/disappear to indicate a paused player.

i agree with the numerous posts saying that there should be no puase option, ie yu are still ingame and can still die.....but if you really have to have a pause, why nt have it so u can only pause if there are no players within a certain vicinity of your guy....about the same range as the m60 should be sufficient...that way you cant pause whilst being attacked, but if you manage to escape the violence then the option s there.....and have it so that if someone gets close to you AFTER you paused then you still remain paused....with the little 'paused' icon above your head, so they can move on and ignore you, and have a time limit, say 3 minutes and then the server kills you :D

if pausing wasn't addressed in Blue, then someone could really spoil the fun in a CTF match. He could capture the enemy flag, and then pause. Then the other team members could kill all the enemies before he unpauzes and runs for safety.

just a thought though. :)

i think the best pause is to /kill the person (but not cost him a frag). This way he comes to career screen, and doesnt need syncing, saving us bandwidth.