The whole pause situation..

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an idea! You know how in some games if you pause then you just will keep getting killed? Do that for blue... then no pausing : )

You'd think some people hadn't even read the information about Blue :roll:.

Or the previous 6 pages of this topic...

For the RPG script, I liked that someone made a !paused command, that activated a player position check for 5 seconds or so on the player. However, it was pretty shoddy as it had very ridiculus conditions (like an !afk mode that numbs it and pretty much defeats the purpose).

It was an easy and real way of letting people watch pausers themselves. Perhaps it could be edited to watch them a bit longer after it ensures they move within 5 seconds to ensure fair combat.

This being a solution for NOW, not the future.

btw I can see the possibility of scripting something like:

!afk

-stand for 10 seconds to become afk-

-now afk-

*enters menu*

!check 7

if 7 paused and not afk then kick

if 7 paused and afk then no kick

Weeelllllllll............ :?

Pausing DOES have it's advantages, like when u gotta run to the bathroom, or take a phone call, or go order a pizza, or go get pizza @ the door, etc.

Perhaps we could enable a pause feature, only meant for emergencies, where we could do like...../pause and it would go the the regular pause screen, BUT, make it like, up to 5 minutes, and have it timed, so after 5 minutes, it goes back in game, or somethin. like....

/pause 5 (minutes)

and make it so you HAVE TO PUT A REASON, then, when someone goes and pauses to fuck with you, we can direct an admin to the problem, and ppl who aren't being asshats, and actually do have to go to the bathroom, get a phone call, ETC. can use the feature to best suit them. :wink:

IDEAS?

You all seem to have missed the key point, so at the risk of repeating myself:

The issue is more the detection in the first place, prevention and intervention is relatively easy after that.

This of course isn't an issue in the new core, simply in the old tech that 0.5 and before was built upon.

Pausing DOES have it's advantages, like when u gotta run to the bathroom, or take a phone call, or go order a pizza, or go get pizza @ the door, etc.

I always quit the game when such a situation arises. I don't think there should be any excuses - if you pause, you should be allowed to be killed. You've made the choice to leave the keyboard so you should face the consequences of that decision.

=DS=*Weed*: A GTA3 version of Blue is not planned yet. Whether such a version is ever made depends on the demand for it.

what was the point in that pause screen you showed me? ive only seen it a billion times.

No way you saw that one billion times. I don't believe it

edit:

Thanks for letting me know you are a pauser Rob :wink:

I make sure I'm in a remote area, like cortezes boat, or I fly to the top of a building, then set my status to away, then say, "gotta take a phone call, brb guys" Then pause.

I AM NOT A PAUSER, AND I DON'T PAUSE DURING FIGHTS. Just 4 the record. :wink:

I don't distinguish where and when you pause... it's like being a little bit pregnant

either you pause or you don't... the only acceptable times you can be still and invincible is when you have crashed or your game minimized on it's own... and in that case you should restart it to be fair.

if I ride across the whole city to kill someone just to find them paused I usually kick them.

until what is suggested in this topic is possible the only way to avoid the pause issue is to ban pause abusers

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes the "go to the remote area and pause the game"

I tried that..here what happened

Me: Im going AFK *goes to remote area*

then some gay admin hunts me down to see if im paused

5 minutes later...poof

Kicked for pausing... :?

Anyways i think the "vulnerable while paused" thing is useless...if your gonna get hurt/killed anyways why puase in the first place.

That is a bad idea still because some poeple will use it to avoid death.

What? You're kidding? No-one mentioned that at all in this 8 page topic [/sarcasm]

I'm really tempted to lock this. If you can be bothered to read all 8 pages, you'll see repetition after repetition.