Noob questions from a noob guy.

Guest boxman80

Ok Ok OK, I have GTA VC for the PS2 and have just bought VC for the PC today entirely for this mod on the strenght of the good feedback I have read on this forum. Problem is I wont get the game for anohter day or so (ordered from play.com) so what i'd like is some cool stories and tasters of whats in store for me on MTA (apart from a lot of noob punishing for me!)

What type of games are available (death matches, free for alls , co-ops?), how many are usually on a server at a time? whats lag like? how long do games last, you know standard noob stuff. Sorry if this has already been raised and sorry to moderators if this is on the wrong board

cheers

Box

When you get this mod installed yu'll love it and the creators of it its soo fun. Types of gameplay that are on all servers for sure are at least deathmatch or stunt and some have there own types of servers like hitman and stuff. There are usually on the better serrver about 10-15 ppl sometimes more. The default gametypes (deathmatch and stunt) last as long as the server is up or changed to a difforent mode. The good servers almost never have lag but sometimse they do b/c of cheaters or hackers or just ppl with bad connections. So thats all i can really think about now to answer your questions maybe some other person will come and answer some more or tell you more about it. Well have fun!! GOOD Luck!

• 2 months later...

I don't want to open a new topic for my noob question, so thats why I am kickin' this baby up the list..

Just wondering. Some stunt vids feature GTA3 fragments of motorcycle stunts. Which mod do you need to get the motorcycle in GTA3? I'd love to stunt on the Portland map.

the way you get motorcycles in liberty is to use the Liberty city mod for vice city. i dont think there are any mods that put a motercycle in gta3, other than just bike models tha behave like cars.

ill also add that IF its not lc, you could just shrink a random cars model(i know it can be done) to fit a motorcycle. but that will just flip you over everytime you try to move (cars dont stay horizontal by default, remember? ;)), so yes. its probably lc.

as for the the topic starters questions:

-there are deathmatch(just a random free for all) and stuntserver(no wapons, just doing stunts. there are even some custom ramps around). that though, doesnt stop you from doing whatever you want; mta doesnt have rounds, and all the map is opened, so practicly you could do anything you'd like to do. you can even orgonize people to help you roleplay, or do team matches.

-in the current version, lag is still an issue. theres a thread somewhere that will tell you how to shoot right at people. but other then that, the gameplay is smooth.

-games last as much as you want! freedom of gta lets you do whatever you want, whenever you want :)

any more questions?