wouldnt this be cool if it was possible in mta blue?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

screw passenger shooting, glue is all i want. *sniff* *sniff*

You want glue with cars, right? Well I don't know if you realize what this would look like.. it would be a bit un-realistic.. one of the methods of "glue" they talk about is an opcode in scm that hooks the player to a car, aka puts the player in 'turret-mode'. I believe turret mode is first-person, because if you would see yourself it would not look that realistic. I have seen it myself, and it makes the player float in the air at an offset from the specified car. I could see this happening with boats, but cars... ?

well.. you will HAVE to see it since they said they would make it for blue :lol:

and ive seen it myself too and it isnt too unrealistic, if it is for you then i guess you wouldnt want play on my server :P

this method that scorp showed looks good on trucks and boats, but on heli's (as shown in those pics) and other vehicles it may not look as realistic. will it be possible to set exact locations and positions of the player on the vehicle? like if it is some sedan, have the player crouch on the roof of the car, in a pickup-truck have them standing on the bed, etc.

btw, this whole 'glue' thing will be done when someone jumps onto a vehicle, right? if so, im wondering how that will look... they jump onto the car, and they're suddenly snapped to the specified 'glue' position? how will get they get out of it?

third question, when you're glued, will you always have a first person view like in that mission where lance flies you around in a helicopter? maybe there is some way to just make it the regular third person view.

btw, this whole 'glue' thing will be done when someone jumps onto a vehicle, right? if so, im wondering how that will look... they jump onto the car, and they're suddenly snapped to the specified 'glue' position? how will get they get out of it?

I thought it would be similar to the current passenger system whereby you'd press a hotkey when you were near the car to enter the "glue position", and then you'd press enter to get out of it. I'm not sure how you'd get back to the ground though. I suppose you could stand in the same position, "un-glued", and you'd fall off as the vehicle gained speed.

That'll be up to the mod author really. I don't think its somthing we need to build into the core, the possibility will be there, but not a specific system for using it. We might release some sample code for it, to help standardise things across different mods, but I'm sure the community could do the same.

eAi

this method that scorp showed looks good on trucks and boats, but on heli's (as shown in those pics) and other vehicles it may not look as realistic. will it be possible to set exact locations and positions of the player on the vehicle? like if it is some sedan, have the player crouch on the roof of the car, in a pickup-truck have them standing on the bed, etc.

third question, when you're glued, will you always have a first person view like in that mission where lance flies you around in a helicopter? maybe there is some way to just make it the regular third person view.

I might add that those pics are from real VC missions, the times when you see Tommy standing a bit weird on the heli is a cutscene right before entering first-person, I'm sure it could be made prettier at least. But it works really well with the BF Injection, looks realistic enough :)

It'd be up to the mod author to make it look "pretty". People standing on the back of trucks looks fine to me, the helicopter clearly is rather weird, but thats because you're not meant to see it like that, you only get first person view in that mission normally. Someone could design a helicopter with an open door or whatever instead and use that, and it'd look better, or perhaps a special "standing platform". Whatever is needed really.

eAi

the police choppers that randomly fly around have open doors, but i dont think that it is even a vehicle. more like an object such as the blimp or the fish. It's also kind of ugly if you get up close.

i think having the guy mounted on the side of a chopper could look good anyhow, if the player model is positioned so the feet is over top the "ski" of the chopper

just as it should be. do any coders know if there is a way to detect how hard a vehicle hits an object? if so, then limits could be put on a glued players stability (dont want to see a car sliding upside-down into a wall at 100mph and still be standing on the roof)

There are blocks for that, in the scm you can check if a car is upside down, and if it is.. un-glue the player.. that would be easy. I dunno about how hard a car colides with another object, it does sound familliar in a few missions..

I think it is possible because you get thrown off motorbikes and the distance you get thrown is proportional to the speed you are travelling.

I think it is possible because you get thrown off motorbikes and the distance you get thrown is proportional to the speed you are travelling.

Yeah, thats hard-coded physics. Its not something done in the SCM.

i just thought of a way, you can measure the amount of damage the vehicle takes at a certain rate, i beleive it can tell the difference between impact damage and other damage types

Well.. there is an opcode that outputs a vehicle's health.. but it doesnt matter if it was shot by a gun or collided in the wall, they both cause the car's health to decrease. Using your idea, a player would become unglued if someone was shooting the car they was glued to.

I think it would be best to only un-glue the player when A) he pushes enter, or B) the car is upside down

about the players not looking realistic when glued on helis, heres what i thought could fix that:

http://img.gamekult.com/photos/00/00/32 ... 7375_2.jpg

someone could add some wings to the helis sides and the players would be crouching in glued mode

another screen: http://www.acquapendente.org/immagini/bhd6.jpg

http://www.barringtonhigh.org/library/M ... 20down.jpg

Edited by Guest
isnt there a way to tell what is causing the decrease in vehicle hp? if its possible to tell whats killing a person (flames, impact, explosion, stubby shotgun etc..) then the same is probably true for vehicles, no?

Well, that part is done through the mtaclient.exe, not the SCM.. so that part would be up to the mta team

is it possible to make a team auto detect for the map?

ex: I am in a team, my name is [team]MISTO, mta detect [team] in my name and it detect somme other people who have [team] in their names and it put my team in red in the map but the guy who is not in the team see us in yellow like everyone...