Stunters Read - Your chance to contribute.

How would you like to be playing 0.4.x stunt and say, 'That's my ramp!'?

I'll explain.

Stuntmode in VC is overdue an update. As some of you know it was squeezed in at the last minute for 0.4 release. At first we'd planned to leave it out altogether due to time constraints and the work involved in both vcdm and gta3. Having found that with a few minor alterations it was compatible it was included.

I now find myself in a similar situation, concentrating on gta3 work, porting some of trx new SSV methods to portland etc and have little time to travel around VC finding new ramp locations. Also, i'm not much of a stunter.

So, what I'd like anyone interested to do, stunters in particular, is suggest a single new ramp. You can draw a diagram (make it clear) you can sketch over a screenshot from vc, or you can even provide coordinates.

I will include at least 10 of these in the final scm.

Post them in here, ONE only per person please, and post only your suggestions along with any description you feel necessary.

No comments on other peoples suggestions please, we'd like to keep this thread uncluttered.

Edited by Guest

This is actually a very good topic and I was very exited to see what the uber stunters came up with, but since no-one (apart from MB) has given a location then I would like to get a ramp added :)

here's the location, could be a good finish for the ammu - docks race, since there is a ramp on the other side as well.

FOScorpion-ramp.JPG

Okay I've been thinking about this one and hopefully should be possible to implement since it's already in game:

The Loop De Loop

loop_de_loop2.jpg

(http://www.geocities.com/snowman4uk/loop_de_loop2.jpg

(Please excuse my fantastic drawing skills)

You know those Loop De Loops in the Dirt Ring? If you can get the ramps from there, you think you can get the loop de loops? Here I've stuck it on the Downtown main road, mainly because it's straight and there's enough run up for even the slow cars to take a shot. I hope you'll find a way to implement this into the Stunt mode, and will hopefully fit nicely into the middle of the main road. If not the large loop de loop then hopefully the smaller one.

Cheers :)

Edited by Guest

I have a MAJOR idea. (Actually I have had this one for a very, very long time but now is the chance to make it public)

I want you to make a grindrail. But not just any rail. One very long one from the top of a high building.

Here is the location I had in mind:

rail%201.JPG

The rail starts from the top of the building and ends inside or near the Movie Studio's

rail%202.JPG

Here's a good view for the start of the rail.

rail%203.JPG

Here's a good view for the end of the rail.

[EDIT:] I now know for sure that this idea can be worked out since I tried making it myself in Moo Mapper. The only great downfall to these skyrails is that it will look butt-ugly unless rescailed. I'm sure you'll find something for this. :P However if it will be 2 ugly to look at then maybe you guys can simply just place new rails all over town so we can just grind on those.

Since I looked into it I can just help you little bit on your way:

In my opinion this rail works best: (this is for Moo Mapper)

ID Number = "4232", Model Name = "nbdcprmndfnc2", Location = "DATA\MAPS\nbeach\nbeach.IPL"

Ofcourse I'd like to see some rails up in the sky as that would be so much cooler... But I must stay realistic, because it still has to look nice as well. 8)

Anyways special thanks goes out to MrBump for his great idea to include people's ideas. Very, very much appreciated. And I know I speak for all of us. :D

Ok, will try to describe this as best I can as I've nowhere to host screenies (is there somewhere I could email one to if I make one later?).

Basically its on the roof after the long steps near the fire station on the same island as the arena, many times I've tried to get enough speed to clear the little shed thats up there off the steps, no joy yet tho. While ur airborne or if u go to the left as u land u can see a little ramp (gta rather than mta type ramp) right behind the shed.

In reply to Nosgoth: I mean actually on the roof where u land so u can jump the shed & get to the other ramp behind it.

Edited by Guest
Ok, will try to describe this as best I can as I've nowhere to host screenies (is there somewhere I could email one to if I make one later?).

Basically its on the roof after the long steps near the fire station on the same island as the arena, many times I've tried to get enough speed to clear the little shed thats up there off the steps, no joy yet tho. While ur airborne or if u go to the left as u land u can see a little ramp (gta rather than mta type ramp) right behind the shed.

In reply to Nosgoth: I mean actually on the roof where u land so u can jump the shed & get to the other ramp behind it.

practice bit with the pcj and sanchez, it is not that hard to get there

• 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion, if you can just add any ramps anywhere, but make the slope alil steeper for a higher jump....The jumps at the airport are pretty steep enough for a good spin on the motorcycle....is there anyway you can add those jumps anywhere in the game?

With that ramp mod i was making, this seems like I really should suggest something! I wish I could suggest some of my ramps that are really 1, but made of two because they are my coolest jumps. The rest is a bunch of chain jumps because usually one single jump is boring. SO... I don't have many singles to give out, but: it is pictured above where the packer is, its a ramp that barley clears the building and the trailors behind it at top speed (PCJ600). Also, since the topic isnt so hot I'd like to make one other suggestion if i may, I really want to suggest one on the boat (also pictured) that you ramp over the water and land on the docks ahead. Its moderate-hard to clear but you have to weave past obstacles to make the jump (PCJ600).

http://vcp.sytes.net/Misc/suggestions.PNG

all specifications are in the pics, top is over the building/trailors, bottom is the boat jump

like put a sick ramp and a long strip way up ontop of the tallest building right so you go flying up off this roof and get sick air time. like you know when u go flying down the airportstrip and u hit one of those lil numbered things and catch mad air or u fly past that and hit the big ramp that send you clear across the street over the fence. Add some ramps that give u sick air time like way up high so u go flyin across the map on ur dukati

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This post is not meant to be a flame, I saw a few posts here in this topic with members suggesting ramps in the middle of roads; with respect I feel that this is a potentially bad idea.

When I’m on MTA: Stunt; 90% of the time it’s for races and I think that putting ramps (Even more so loop the loops) in the middle of the road is a bad idea, As unless you hit it at the right angle you've got a 50% chance of banging into a wall or flipping your vehicle.

I understand lots of stunt users like to do jumps rather than races and that’s great so there has to be some give and take in the way of where the jumps are placed and some ramps will need to be on the roads.

I’m in no way against ramps they make stunt mode great no doubt, But I would however be disappointed if you guys went a bit over the top and started placing ramps in the road left right and centre.

Now back on topic, I would love to see a “road” leading to the top of the stadium, Once up there; there could be various loop the loops and half pipes etc.

It’s a fairly large space and not to take advantage of that would be somewhat foolish, I think most people would agree about a possible path to getting on top of the stadium and maybe a path to the top of the hospital near the girl spawn again with various jumps on the roofs.

Basically the point of this post is to try and get the spaces on top of the building taken full advantage of.

Sorry for the long post I hope some if not all of my points are somewhat valid.

Now back on topic, I would love to see a “road” leading to the top of the stadium, Once up there; there could be various loop the loops and half pipes etc.

It’s a fairly large space and not to take advantage of that would be somewhat foolish, I think most people would agree about a possible path to getting on top of the stadium and maybe a path to the top of the hospital near the girl spawn again with various jumps on the roofs.

There's a mod like that for the single player game. I think a fair number of people used it in MTA:VC 0.3 Stunt (obviously illegally or whatever you want to call it). You never know, the MTA might be putting that into 0.4.5.

There's a mod like that for the single player game. I think a fair number of people used it in MTA:VC 0.3 Stunt (obviously illegally or whatever you want to call it). You never know, the MTA might be putting that into 0.4.5.

:!: I would like that very much! I don't know how far they're going to go with building mods for 0.4.5 though.