GTA:SA Multiplayer?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockstars would be foolish to stop the GTA series, its like their flagship game. The community is huge and GTA:San Andreas will surely be a great succes as well.

The only problem I see is that San Andreas has so much content that it makes you wonder what they can possibly add in the future.

This topic is a bit aged now, but for those of you who haven't player GTA:SA yet, there is no imeadiate multiplayer mode available, HOWEVER I havent progressed far enough in story to get a girlfriend (yes, that part is true, you can get a girl friend) to know if she becomes a second player.

SA rules! It appears to be the same engine as Vice City with various updates (cars look better, trains, physics) so there's hope for MTA:SA. maybe even a modified blue will work, because hopefully blue will be out by the time SA is on PC)

one of my fav new features, is you can pause, put a icon anywhere on the map, and then it will show on your radar in game - makes finding hiddem items so much easier!

)>- GTAtari -<(

so ur sayin blue wont be out long before san andreas on pc? ffs man s.a auint on pv till may is it?, 7 months for mta blue, that cant be right

No-one knows when Blue will be released, however it's unlikely to be released this year.

there are only two months left in the year..

also, im saying that I hope blue is out by the time GTA:SA in on pc

NOTE: TWO PLAYER CONFIRMED.

its not that great, nothing as special as MTA, but basically there are a handfull of coop missions that are all basically the same thing. One person drives, one person fires. There arent two seperate charectars outside of the vehicle, and no split screen.

--While driving around in the area that is open by default in this game, I came upon an icon. It happened to be two little red people spinning in circles, signaling this is where the two player mode in GTA: San Andreas is. I brought a friend over so he could play with me, as it requires someone on the 2nd controller to use. The first thing that is shown is two people next to each other, telling you to roam free around the city. Then, the second player gets the chance to choose which character he wants to be. These range from cowgirls to old bums to police officers. They all behave the same, just different costumes really.

--You then get returned into the game world and it adds a second character info area in the top right of the screen below yours. You share the same inventory, but have separate ammo amounts. There is no split screen; you just have one camera that accommodates to how far apart you are from each other. To keep things manageable there is a set distance apart the two of you can be. Two player mode basically runs as a mission. When one player dies, the mission is over. The same goes for being arrested. One really fun and cool feature of this mode is that both characters can get into a vehicle together. One person obviously drives, and the other gets an aiming reticule that shows up and you can shoot at will.

--There are probably quite a few more things that you can do, but I have not had the time to explore these to detail quite yet.

Enabling Multi-player, go to the town where the county PD station, find the big store, next to it you will see a little red icon with 2 players on it, plug in your second controller, press left or right and choose player 2's costume, cop, lady, scruffy old man etc

also in Flintwood, you can do this but I cannot find where. In this mode you can go swimming together, in the same vehicle or seperate bikes, you cannot enter buildings, although this mode has a few restrictions, this game mode is really good.

hum rockstar already know the fact that mta team will look into this, and thats why maybe they dont put an split screen, without the split screen no need to synch all things to the 2 player cause he s on the same screen :c). Sad that they donc put an split screen where all things will be so synch for eahc players and with that mta team can start more easily than vice/gta3.

btw, i want it on PC....

I was really disappointed with the ps2 version as the graphics were rubbish therefore deterred me from the game i am now waiting and hoping that the PC version will be better!

Most people seem to think that the graphics have improved. But anyway, you'll be able to raise the resolution of the PC version and switch on AA / AF. I don't think they're allowed to change textures or polygon counts or anything like that.

I was really disappointed with the ps2 version as the graphics were rubbish therefore deterred me from the game i am now waiting and hoping that the PC version will be better!

Most people seem to think that the graphics have improved. But anyway, you'll be able to raise the resolution of the PC version and switch on AA / AF. I don't think they're allowed to change textures or polygon counts or anything like that.

Well maybe its because i was at my mates house and it was the first ytime i have played a PS2 this year and that i am comparing it to the xbox graphics! ;)

quit? :o

StAnToN are you mad? there's no such thing as to quit this series :P

Well, they'll eventually stop making GTA, but lets hope for many more games before that.

well.. they are sort of quitting THIS particular series based on the GTA3 engine (GTA3, GTAVC, and GTASA), but not quitting on GTA. the next GTA that comes out will be on a totally different game engine, so there will be probably be huge differences between this series, and the next GTA, much bigger than diff's between LC VC and SA.

OT:

please reply if you know any of the following:

- does SA support progressive scan?

- does SA support true 5.1, or just Pro Logic II?

- does SA support widescreen?

i want to hook it up to my HDTV with 5.1 sound downstairs.

OT:

please reply if you know any of the following:

- does SA support progressive scan? no

- does SA support true 5.1, or just Pro Logic II? no

- does SA support widescreen? yes

i want to hook it up to my HDTV with 5.1 sound downstairs.