[MOD]GTATournament: online Multiplayer (GTA San Andreas)

Toreno

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, about njr's crash...i did experience one today

really, REALLY horrible. i managed to gain access to the task manager but gta-sa's process just would end. and i ended up being shielded with a blank white screen so i could do nothing. in the end i logged off of my user...but that screwed up my connection settings (dont ask why, cant be bothered to explain) and now im worried it'll happen again

these are rare cases, almost no1 else are having these problems

you could activate debug mode, and put the report in hee, so dracoblue can read it, and fix the problem

gtaT Update - Survey for 2nd devshot-release

..Most bugs appeared in GTAT San Andreas 0.1a are solved yet. Thatswhy we released 0.1b to find others. The game and servers are much more stable now but we will keep up workin on bugfixing and add only some features. When the core is workin without any problems we will think about adding some...(More Info at gtaT.org)
  • 2 weeks later...
Don't forget to update the SA-MP and SA-2P communities either.

Was that sarcasm? I'm not even sure.

lol, you almost got me. unfortunately i never posted frequent news about SA-MP(the mod is popular enough, and some teammembers are here as well); and i've never posted news about SA-2P :lol:

ah well, nice try though, and the good news is, you're still the top poster :P

Don't be silly, people are always asking to betatest things like this and constantly asking for an early release no matter what.

So that's what he did

you were right ZzZ, (in general) some ppl always whine about the lack of updates. and as soon as there are some, they complain about it's quality :wink: (by the way, DracoBlue doesn't see it as a race, so he didn't release 0.1a just to be the first)

i do see your point madboy(and the others who agree with him), draco could have tested it with more ppl, before releasing 0.1a.

on the other hand, the release of 0.1a resulted in a huge list of bug reports. and a lot has been fixed, in 0.1b. though new bugs have been discovered, and this way of releasing beta's/alpha's will only make the stable release even better ( i think).

Millions of errors popped up when I was crashed, used up almost all my virtual memory, made errors on my hard drive which are fixed now. I'm not sure if I want to play again lol.

talidan and njr, this is because, your client was still running, but the server which you were connected to , was shut down. it's a nasty bug, and i certainly hope that it will be fixed in the next devshot(it's one of the most annoying bugs that i'm aware of).

by the way, i'm glad that some of you enjoyed playing the devshots(and/or still do enjoy), and Capo, thanks for posting the updates :P

PS: there are some new files available: http://dracoblue.gamehost.at/gtat/Downl ... athook.rar

note:

The new chatinterface isn't in use yet, just the xfire and fraps problem & the crashing gtathook.dll should be solved with this version.

updated dll's are available since sunday,

download them here:

http://dracoblue.gamehost.at/gtat/Downl ... a/gtat.rar

(put them in your GTATournament San Andreas folder

fixed [... in Modul 'gta.dll'. Lesen von Adresse 00000014] when player dies

- planes and others aren't exploding anymore, when they were in the air, while spawning, and fall down.

by the way? can't you load your singleplayer saveagames anymore?

try this tool: http://dracoblue.gamehost.at/gtat/Downl ... amefix.exe

Fricken hell, i just played GTAT a minute ago, umm the sync is REALLY bad, and the games kinda lonely. And its just crashed, beta noit have a virus!! Like a million warnings came up!! so i think il give it a miss untill a decent mod comes out

Its just the number of crashes that occur in this mod which lets the mod down.

Millions of errors popped up when I was crashed, used up almost all my virtual memory, made errors on my hard drive which are fixed now. I'm not sure if I want to play again lol.

Yea, that's what happened to me in more or less words. No matter what server I went on I always ended in a crash. Although flying the AT around Mt. Chiliad was fun! :lol:

I think I'll wait for more progress to be made or mta...

Fricken hell, i just played GTAT a minute ago, umm the sync is REALLY bad, and the games kinda lonely. And its just crashed, beta noit have a virus!! Like a million warnings came up!! so i think il give it a miss untill a decent mod comes out

the sync is buggy i know; the netcode and the sync hasn't been optimised yet.

about the crash:

talidan and njr, this is because, your client was still running, but the server which you were connected to , was shut down. it's a nasty bug, and i certainly hope that it will be fixed in the next devshot(it's one of the most annoying bugs that i'm aware of).

maybe you should read before you post :wink:

despite the high amount of crashes that some ppl have when starting up GTAT, there aren't much ingame crashes(at least, not much have been reported so far). i think most if not all major bugs have been reported .

but it's in alpha phase, so these things happen. if you don't want that, wait for a stable release, and ignore the devshot versions.

same thing for Windows Vista, you can try the early versions now(and report any bugs that occured), or you can wait for the final version release till 2006.

Wait... So I can play on a server that's shut down... And interact with people, talk with them, fly around with them, but the serevr is really shut down and right when I'm 'interacting' with them I get a ton of errors? Wow.. Ghost servers. :shock:

gamefreek you probably have the same problem as the others, you were playing on a server that suddenly went offline.

yes it's a nasty bug, and those messages should be replaced by just one.

probably most servers are shit then :lol: maybe there were some ppl taking advantage of some exploits that caused the server to crash :wink:

whoops, then we've got a new issue.

can you go to your GTA San Andreas folder, and look for a file called gtat_log.txt?

open it, and post it's content in a new topic( read the "how to post a bugreport topic first")

http://dracoblue.gamehost.at/gtat/phpBB ... m.php?f=17

if it's too big, look here: http://dracoblue.gamehost.at/gtat/phpBB ... 42&start=0

to see what parts you need to report(the topic is about a different problem, but that's not relevant in this case, since you only need to know what part of gtat_log.txt you need to post).

PS: if you don't have the gtat_log.txt file, please create it. if you do have it already, but it's empty, then delete it, and create a new one again with the same name.

damn, never mind. i understand :wink:(even if GTAT 0.1b never crashes at all, i wouldn't play it :P i only try the devshots for testing-unless if the devshots contain cool and new features ;) )

if you ever bother to try gtat 0.1b again, please try my tips.

the server hoster could add the -debug parameter to the server.exe as well for logging(several erros appear in the server window as well, which is why it's very handy to log such data).

actually thank you for reporting this issue, even without provinding much info :P

now i won't spread false information, since i now know that the multiple errors can be caused by other things.

i always thought that the only cause was the server going offline :S (at least that's what i noticed while testing).