[MOD]GTATournament: online Multiplayer (GTA San Andreas)

Toreno

Good news, the data was only lost from the MySQL-Database. All downloads are available, so we are rebuilding the website at the moment. Trunkstom promised, that in one week the forum is also ready to be released again.

i don't really know why it took 3 months, (since i don't know how important the league feature was for the gtat 0.5f core), but dracoblue and the rest of the gtat will continue working on gtat again :D

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ehm the site went down at the 2nd/3nd of january this year, its 8 april now. so where did you get those 6 months from? its more like 3 months.

Good news, the data was only lost from the MySQL-Database. All downloads are available, so we are rebuilding the website at the moment. Trunkstom promised, that in one week the forum is also ready to be released again.

i dont know about the site, but they want the forum to be back up between now and one week(i guess the site will be back up as well by then, since draco uses the word again. why did it take so long? i don't know, they had an old backup of the site(the backup also included old stuff about the gtat league), but it seems they have the right back-up now. so gtat wasn't put on hold just because of the site, it's a lot more complicated then that, though the months of waiting thing is over.

EDIT:

Interesting..

it certainly is, but this a gtat topic :wink:

Edited by Guest

yes there are lots of mods for gta there are only a few multiplayer mods that have/had released versions, plus there isn't any advanched multiplayer mod for gta(3,vc and sa) yet, because they're either in the alpha- , or the beta stadium. though i think its better that there are not just one or two multiplayer projects that has had/ will have multiple releases, so ppl can choose whatever they like.

• 1 month later...

i know, the team wanted to release it somewhere around october 2004, but the core didn't seem to be good enough, so they started creating a better one.a few months later there was a betatest planned, but since then, the site went down(a part of the reason has been posted a few posts before). i saw that the new site is online for more than one month now(but not available for the public). so i have no idea :o hopefully there will be a new beta version before San Andreas.

• 1 month later...

MrBump or any other mod/admin, plz lock this one, and unlock the GTAT San Andreas topic, because the topic title of this topic doesn't fit the information in the GTAT San Andreas topic( besides this topic is full of flaming, the GTAT San Andreas topic is clean!)

by the way, talking about GTAT SA here doesn't fit anyway, since GTAT 0.5F was supposed to be a VC RELEASE UNDER THE OLD CORE..... that's why i created a new topic. i don't see the problem, GTAC had more than one topic, same thing for GGM and the previous GTAT versions, so what's the problem????

to be honest i dont think we need so many topics

as draco said, he hasnt started real porting yet, and wants to finish VC. its not like it doesnt fit in here.

if anything they should both me unlocked, not this one locked and the other one unlocked? surely if he hasnt started real hard work on sa its not really necessary yet

to be honest i dont think we need so many topics

as draco said, he hasnt started real porting yet, and wants to finish VC. its not like it doesnt fit in here.

(original post from the locked topic)

Hi!

I am very proud to tell you how good our development of gtat is at the moment.

Delphifreak has finally finished the DirectX-Version of our chat and ported it to ViceCity and SanAndreas. So I took this and started porting my client also to sa and vc.

Next step is including the create and destroy cars/players etc. functions back into san andreas client.

Here you see, while I was testing how much cars can be at the screen at same time.

Next gtaTournament release will be just a .dll.

But what does this mean for you testers and players? The game will run much more smooth, because no distrubing convertions must be made btw sending messages to the game and receiving them, so its easier for you to test and easier for me to code.

Some more information will follow tomorrow. For more actual information see our DevBlog .

screens:

http://gtat.dracoblue.net/images/screens/vc10.jpg

http://gtat.dracoblue.net/images/screens/sa10.jpg

http://gtat.dracoblue.net/images/screen ... sa10_2.jpg

http://gtat.dracoblue.net/images/screen ... sa10_3.jpg

if you like, you could visit http://www.gtat.org for more info (for example the devblog, you'll find frequent updates related to GTATournament itself and stuff). remember, this is just a start of GTAT SA, build on a new core.

Edited by Guest

But what does this mean for you testers and players? The game will run much more smooth, because no distrubing convertions must be made btw sending messages to the game and receiving them, so its easier for you to test and easier for me to code.

Is this similar to the methods that Blue uses?

he never really answered my question on IRC when i saw the screenies, BUT....

i assume he is spawning cars through memory (hard...)

or SOME form of SCM injection.

(if its truly ONLY a dll, ifs its a few more files (i.e. SCM) then he is probably using memory(/asm calls?))

Is this similar to the methods that Blue uses?

Can't say what Blue uses, I use a method which was developed by me and based on dll injection idea from Delphifreak.

See you, DracoBlue

PS: The lag was, cause I did set the synchrorate very low, gonna make a new video with better synchro :)

hehe offcourse. i know it's not an issue, since i betatested for another multiplayer mod( gta sync'd), and the leader fixed the same thing within 15 minutes so :lol:

EDIT:

new video: http://gtat.dracoblue.net/downloadfile. ... ynchro.avi

Its a pitty, but the screen capturing tool we used (fraps) seems to hide all our chat while it was capturing.

Thatswhy you can't see any chat in the video.

With this video we want to show basic smooth synchronisation. This shows just players moving (no animations yet) and has no cars included, because this isn't done yet. We will release a car-synchro video very soon.

As we said in previous news post, we splitted gtaTournaments Core into two parts. There is one program (.exe-file) which will be used to find servers. The other part is one DLL-File which give the client-features to your gta_sa.exe. The DLL will be "started" with the win-application rundll.exe in your windows root directory.

I decided to use this way because the client-system must be very fast, but the serverlist thing doesn't need to be running while you are in a game.

- DracoBlue

new video includes:

-smoother sync than the 1st video

-player position sync

-player rotation sync

-jump animation sync

EDIT2:

GTAT has a new IRC channel at GTANET, so go here: irc://irc.gtanet.com/gtat

Edited by Guest