[MOD]GTATournament: online Multiplayer (GTA San Andreas)

Toreno

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, dracoblue doesnt talk so much, anyway, talking about fishermanstories, hmm what about the mta 0.4 smoothness story then?

note: DracoBlue has never spread lies , in relation with the features list. the features list was for the final version, NOT the versions with a letter.

the featureslist of 0.3 wasn't exactly the same as the features that 0.3b actually had, but that's because of the core change(0.5). so actually 0.3x didn't really have a final version.

Edited by Guest

its a discussion

anyway:

They did not say it would definitely be included, did they?

yes, maybe the new method didn't work out well. but the videos were bullshit, even those weren't smooth. suggestion for the future: maybe its better to release some videos about blue that display the reality?

its a discussion

anyway:

They did not say it would definitely be included, did they?

yes, maybe the new method didn't work out well. but the videos were bullshit, even those weren't smooth. suggestion for the future: maybe its better to release some videos about blue that display the reality?

They were way smoother than in 0.3 / 0.4 when travelling as a passenger. That's where the main difference was. And that was a 0.4 video, not a Blue one. The only Blue video so far has been the teaser, which was more like a slideshow.

And also:

well those videos are old, and maybe those features will be included in the final version, but the last few months, there were no lies. and i cant say that about MTA, maybe blue will become a huge lie, oh well time will tell.....

I have no idea how you reached that conclusion.

They were way smoother than in 0.3 / 0.4 when travelling as a passenger. That's where the main difference was. And that was a 0.4 video, not a Blue one. The only Blue video so far has been the teaser, which was more like a slideshow.

talking about the videos, i meant, the 0.4 videos were crap, and i gave a suggestion for the future, 0.4 has already been released
The videos arent 100% smooth cuz they never said they would be. They said they found a way to drastically improve the smoothness

then they shouldn't release those videos any more, because its useless, ppl want to see features that will be included, not some bullshit

Hello!

Luigi wrote

I think this topic sould be locked its just a huge flame war

Yep, but I don't know why they flame?

I understand, that a lot of guys don't like me.

A lot of guys don't like things they do not use that often (WinXP<->Linux) this doesn not mean that MTA or GTAT is better, but I think everyone who hates gtat should think about the problem he has with it and why he loves mta (the same goes for the other way).

I am at university now, so I am very busy with this stuff.

If you want to read how current gtat development is going and what you can expect from the next gtat release check this Link at forum.gtat.org

Cu guys, Draco

talking about the videos, i meant, the 0.4 videos were crap, and i gave a suggestion for the future, 0.4 has already been released

You wanted something tarantinoesque? It was a preview clip showing some new techniques, not a hollywood blockbuster trailer.

then they shouldn't release those videos any more, because its useless, ppl want to see features that will be included, not some bullshit

And who are you to tell us what we should, and shouldn't release? People tend to be interested in progress and the latest MTA breakthroughs. If you are not then simply skip the download. As for bullshit, that would imply that they were somehow not genuine, yet they were captured direct from testing, so perhaps you are actually referring to your statements?

Hello!

Luigi wrote

A lot of guys don't like things they do not use that often (WinXP<->Linux) this doesn not mean that MTA or GTAT is better, but I think everyone who hates gtat should think about the problem he has with it and why he loves mta (the same goes for the other way).

If you want to read how current gtat development is going and what you can expect from the next gtat release check this Link at forum.gtat.org

Cu guys, Draco

why would we have to think of it?

gtat went from pretty nice, but not really great to very sucky (i still prefer gtat0.3 over 0.5) and i play mta, cause it has playersand it's good playable

And what about those cool gtat beta videos with boats and stuff aye :?:

This stuff is inside the release!

But as you know this is a beta, and some guys didn't understand how to enter a boat in correct way --> we disabled this and allowed only experienced guys (persons who can open a .vcs-file with notepad and change the comment sign in front of boats) to play WITH BOATS,

Hello!

Luigi wrote

Cu guys, Draco

why would we have to think of it?

gtat went from pretty nice, but not really great to very sucky (i still prefer gtat0.3 over 0.5) and i play mta, cause it has playersand it's good playable

I must say that gtat 0.3 was better then the current 0.5e-version because

I added a new system which has some difficulties with the VC-Engine, but those are fixed now, so the next 0.5 should be better then 0.3 :-D.

I do not like if somebody is flaming in my forums against MTA or GTAT.

So I would appreciate if you would do this in MTA-Forums, too.

I think a MultiplayerMod is a hack of a Game, with one fact : the modders do not have the source-code.

So the features depend on what the teams found out about the MemAddresses/API and Main.scm stuff.

But, one thing, every Multiplayer-Mod-Team needs to make is a good netcode and player join or leave handling, the interface and this stuff.

I think that MTA will be a good MultiplayerMod with Cars and Players, but I don't think that it will have features which BF1942 doesn't has. So MTA will be a great GTA-MP for guys who like games like BF1942 or C&C-Renegade.

But I try to reach a different aim when I code on gtat, which you probably will understand when I'm as far as I want to come with gtat.

In current dev-state the two aims are nearly the same, getting the players nearly syncho into the games on 2 and more pcs. So play MTA if you like it and don't play the beta-gtat-versions, but do not flame things which aren't done, like MTA (0.4!=1.0) and GTAT (0.5!=1.0) are.

Good Luck,

Draco

PS : hopefully a comment from the users which is different from F*** GTAT ... GTAT su**s and so on!

Who is gonna play gtat actualy the time when it will be released everybody will playing mta 0,5 i think :twisted:

It depends when it is released. I look forward to the version after that, as Draco has implemented something similar to MTA 0.4's error reporting tool in the next version which should result in a massive bug reduction in subsequent versions.

Who is gonna play gtat actualy the time when it will be released everybody will playing mta 0,5 i think

well mta 0.5, will be released in 2005, thats too far away.

anyway, dracoblue has made an update:www.gtat.org.

if the team can release 0.5f soon, it will be perfect to expand the community, and i think ppl who are disappointed in mtavc 0.4.1, and still prefer mta 0.3r2(personally i prefer a mixed version) will play it.

edit:

woops i forgot something:

And who are you to tell us what we should, and shouldn't release? People tend to be interested in progress and the latest MTA breakthroughs. If you are not then simply skip the download. As for bullshit, that would imply that they were somehow not genuine, yet they were captured direct from testing, so perhaps you are actually referring to your statements?

the movies were showing the current status of mta 0.4, and as you said ppl are interested in progress and the latest MTA breakthrough, but it wasnt included in the final version, and only god knows if it will be included (or maybe even better) in mta blue. and why was the topic called mta 0.4 smoothness, while you can see that the new method wasn't so smooth after all.

well mta 0.5, will be released in 2005

Thanks for letting us know. We'll be sure to hold it back until then.

and why was the topic called mta 0.4 smoothness, while you can see that the new method wasn't so smooth after all.

Because it was, incredibly smooth in fact. Play 0.3r2 then look at that video and see. (0.4 is slightly smoother so the difference isnt so obvious, though still pretty clear)