[MOD]GTATournament: online Multiplayer (GTA San Andreas)

Toreno

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah.

it doesn't corrupt your savegames, it doesn't even touch it!

there is a bug related to loading different scm files etc. for some ppl. that's why the savegames don't work, savegames only work for the scm that was used while saving it. gtat sa doesn't replace the main.scm file though

if those bugs really bother you, stop complaining, and ignore the current version. wait for the next devshot, or the stable release.

Ok i just played again and it crashed AGAIN! Also its screwed all my save games so i have to start again...which i dont really care about since i only got GTA SA for PC for online, still its REALLY bad even for an Alpha stage to be currupting save files

Im not complaining, it just seems well bad press. If you watch a vid for MTA or SA-MP the sync is perfect compared to gtat. But this leaves me thinking will SA online suck, its way to big to include the whole map, playing gtat was a very lonely experience. I might even get VC as its smaller and just looks better

you're making too many conclusions, based on something that is in very early state of development, and is far from complete?

besides, you're talking about sa-mp. there is no sa-mp video available yet, so i think you mean vc-mp. yes vc-mp has good sync, but what has that got to do with GTAT San Andreas. San Andreas is new, and a lot of research has to be done first. yes mta San Andreas video wasn't bad, it even had hydra missiles sync. if that's what you want, then i guess you should wait for MTA SA, or VC-MP, since you seem to prefer Vice City over San Andreas.

just don't take too many conclusions yet. this is just a first impression, nothing more, nothing less.

(example)i mean, a video is just to give a short preview. in MTA SA's sync video, lag was visible as well. does that mean that it will be like that in the actual release? no, doesn't have to be. things could be improved in the meantime.

same thing for GTAT.

I do think it should say somewhere (possibly in a big red font :D) that it screws up single player's savegame loading.

It isn't a very good idea to release even an alpha or w/e which does such a thing, but then without releasing it, it would of taken alot longer to find.

I do think it should say somewhere (possibly in a big red font :D) that it screws up single player's savegame loading.

on the news page, the bug has been mentioned, with a link to a tool that fixes the problem.

so i don't think it's necessary any more to mention it again. except if there wasn't a fix for it, but there is.

I think that the gtat team rushed to be the first gtasa online mod to be released. but now that its released,all they need to do is fix bugs and making new version as time passes :D

Pretty much the point in beta/alpha releases don't you think? :roll:

no, no no. there was no rush involved. because draco doesn't care about being the first multiplayer mod.

he just wanted to show something to the community after the long break(and the devshots are meant to report bugs, and test new features/methods). after a few devshots, probably a stable release will be available.

well, if most crash-when-connecting-to-a-server(crash at nvidia logo) are going to be solved in 0.1c, there will be a lot more ppl that will be able to play.

but i think it's kinda hard to eliminate most if not all crashes; there are multiple exe's(the US version, EU/australian version, and german version)

+cracked exe's. and as far as i know, they all have slightly different memory adresses. and now that there's a patch+a new version of San Andreas available in stores now, things won't become much easier.

i mean, if gtat has been developed with one type of exe, it might not work properly with the other one's, because of the slightly different memory adresses. but i don't really know how much different memory adresses the exe's have in compare to eachother(and if they affect multiplayer in any way), maybe a memory hacker can explain.

Yeh they did rush to be the first online GTASA. Why? because they know that MTA and SA-MP will be much more popular. Why reputation!

I have been playing a bit of gtaT, ok if they were to make he sync better and fix the crashing, it would plz alot of people as at the moment the release was kinda pointless. Then they could work on sorting out the txt chat system, inclide player names and health, weapons etc then actually start on the online mod, if all i've mentioned is what they plan only to have then they will fail. GTASA can be much more then flying driving killing people with the greatest sync and no lag, but its ummm not original and wont make for a great gaming experience.

Yeh they did rush to be the first online GTASA. Why? because they know that MTA and SA-MP will be much more popular. Why reputation!

no they did not! if they did believe in competition, they would have waited longer. but there is no competition, that's the whole point! you probably haven't read all those 209432094 topics about this subject.

and how do you think they fail? it's not that they have got the task to create a supermod within a limited amount of time?

they may fail to impress you with an alpha version, but these devshots are mainly for testing, not really for playing. like i said, if you don't want this, wait for a stable release, or ignore this mod.

i mean, it's not that they create a multiplayer mod to please you, even if they pleased you, others might be unhappy . not everybody can be pleased, especially not with an alpha version.

again you're taking conclusions too early, you know nothing about the future quality of GTATournament San Andreas, neither about the plans.

shooting will probably implemented later, but first bugs must be fixed, and research must be done.

at the moment the release was kinda pointless.

if you think that this release was pointless, you probably misunderstood the whole idea behind an alpha version/devshot

GTASA can be much more then flying driving killing people with the greatest sync and no lag

offcourse, but it's just an alpha version, it was released like a month after the San Andreas PC release. what do you expect? even programmers have others things on their mind as well, it's not like they work 24/7 on this.

sync can never be perfect in such a short time, things need to be sorted out, because the San Andreas engine is a bit different from the Vice City engine.

and as long as there is a ping, there willl always be lag. but like i said it's just an alpha version, lag will probably be reduced in the future.

maybe you need to talk to some multiplayer mod developers, to find out how hard it is to create a multiplayer mod for a singleplayer game.

maybe then you'll think again.

I think DracoBlue should had waited till they had finished GTAT for San Andreas before rushing ahead with a devshot. To be honest its terrible at the moment and it is just giving them a bad name as people will initially think oh my god its so bad. Finished products are always best.

well the only thing he could do, is test it with more people.

but you can't invite thousands of ppl with different hardware+software configurations.

there are other problems as well, like i said, there are multiple versions of gta_sa.exe (US version, EU/australian, and german version), both 1.0 and 1.01. that means 6 different official exe's. there are cracked versions as well, and i've been told that each exe has slightly different memory adresses, so................

i mean, most bugs with GTAT are related to launching the mod itself. if none of the testers had this bug, it wouldn't have been reported and fixed before the actual devshot release.

other bugs could have been fixed before the devshot release though.

but even if this version had less bugs, it would be far from finished. i mean, it alpha at the moment, if you wanted a finished version you would have to wait a looooooong time, and since you hate waiting, you don't want that.

before the 0.1c release, a couple of betatests should be sceduled, and more ppl should be invited i think.

Exactly, people want (fast, good) results with none of the annoying bugs that come first. With a larger team it's easier to find and eliminate them, but gtaT doesn't have that. I'm sure he felt good to release an SA MP mod before anyone else though, i would.

I don't think Draco did it so that he could say he was he first. He was the first - so what? If I were making a mod, I'd prefer it to be the best than the first. It's a much better claim to fame. I'm sure Draco sees it this way too.

Edited by Guest

yeah, finally somebody who understand :wink:

but i disagree about wanted to be the best. then some ppl would see DracoBlue as an arrogant person, and if a devshot/stable release seems disappointing, ppl would blame him even more, with extra flamewars(the current situation isn't very positive as well).

the only competition there might be, is getting in the middle of the attention(which isn't really important, because building up a community ain't that hard , as long as you've got something to show--> just to clarify that this competition thing is bullshit), and i don't really think Draco released 0.1a/0.1b just because of that.

i just hope he won't make the same mistake again. i mean then we might even see a 0.1z version :shock:

just organising some betatests; testers report the bugs, so dracoblue(or delphifreak) can fix them. ppl with different exe's(whether it be US/EU, AUS/German) should be there. i think a betatest with lots of ppl in one server is important, because of the higher change for crashes.

this probably didn't happen with gtat 0.1a and b.

I just played again and it didn't crash for a whole...20mins yay! its still quite good fun, i stole a hydra off some guy called splint, lol. But yehi think SA is too big, even if there like 100 people playing, still good fun though, 1 point though, when your typing and include the letter 'V' its always changes the camera view, that shud be changed

• 2 months later...

go to the gtat forum, your problem has been reported many times(searching is the key).

als you don't have much options

no shit, it's an alpha version :roll:

nice topic bump by the way; it wouldn't do any harm if you actually had anything useful to add, apparently you hadn't.