[MOD]GTATournament: online Multiplayer (GTA San Andreas)

Toreno

GTAT San Andreas Preview Video released!

We put a small preview video for gtaTournament San Andreas in our Download area.

gtat_sa_preview.jpg

You can see car movement and walking synchro.

Delphifreak managed to fix the chat recording bug caused by fraps, so we were able to record this nice movie for you.

Big thanks to Armitage for helping with cutting the movie and betatesting.

http://gtat.dracoblue.net/

See you, DracoBlue

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played it today as well on Nutz's server... It seems like when a fair amount of people go onto a server, the server crashes frequently. The client doesn't crash, but the server does which makes it difficult to know when it crashed or not. Usually when everyone on the game is standing still, that means the server has crashed. I also noticed that when people go too far from you, they vanish from your radar and are visible again only if you get close to them. You can spawn PCJ's and Cheetah's by typing t and then typing PCJ or CHEETAH into the box and pressing enter.

All in all, it isn't anything great, but it is the first released version of SA online, and it feels cool to play on SA in an online enviornment...

I also noticed that when people go too far from you, they vanish from your radar and are visible again only if you get close to them. You can spawn PCJ's and Cheetah's by typing t and then typing PCJ or CHEETAH into the box and pressing enter.

All in all, it isn't anything great, but it is the first released version of SA online, and it feels cool to play on SA in an online enviornment...

People going too far from you they vanish: This is er, done on purpose, it's an excellent way to save on network traffic as you're only getting updates from people that are actually in your area. (Draco said he's working on syncing markers for the map)

Spawning cars through chat is the only way to use cars really, as in the ones that are spawned are the only ones the servers sync. Other cars are BF400, Picador, etc (it's all on the website, you know o.O)

I click connect, game loads for 0.02 seconds and crashes.

Happens with bad server info, believe me, the hells of PW + non-default PW are overwhelming =(

I played for maybe a half hour today, it's alright, could use a hell load of fixes still (the steam read error, etc) but overall, nice to see some sort of client available for those truely desperate ones =P

I click connect, game loads for 0.02 seconds and crashes.

Happens with bad server info, believe me, the hells of PW + non-default PW are overwhelming =(

Yeah, if two people have the same name, it'll return to the desktop. I don't think it would have taken very long to add a message stating that there was already someone in the server with the same name as you, instead of just crashing without a word.

Don't be silly, people are always asking to betatest things like this and constantly asking for an early release no matter what.

So that's what he did :roll:

...i think it's good, if you can put up with the bugs and crashes, you've got a fun game to drive about in, and if you can't you've atleast seen theres been some progress.

I don't want to say much because I am sure everything will take it as downing GTAT, but DB. did the same thing with VC so he can be labelled as having the first online multiplayer. MTA and as I have discussed with SA-MP will wait until we have something enjoyable before a release is made.

Yeah, but wheres the harm in letting people play/test it as it's being written?

That is the whole point of beta afterall :?

Yes but a lot of people can't play it. That's the problem. Most applications go through alpha testing before reaching the beta stage in order to iron out simple bugs like the CTD when another player has the same name as you. It would not be difficult to display a message informing the player instead of just crashing.

Yep, and i'm sure every other beta software out there has small bugs which could of easily been fixed, it's really not the point.

I agree, it's not very good sync, and even the chat pisses you off, but it is enjoyable.

I've seen you all talk about how these other mods are just making empty promises, and making a few screenshots, but never get round to releasing anything - and then when they do, you moan about a few bugs and say they should of waited longer, makes no sence to me :evil:

Yep, and i'm sure every other beta software out there has small bugs which could of easily been fixed, it's really not the point.

I agree, it's not very good sync, and even the chat pisses you off, but it is enjoyable.

I didn't say they were small bugs. I said they were simple bugs - i.e. (relatively) simple to fix. They're actually quite large bugs.

I've seen you all talk about how these other mods are just making empty promises, and making a few screenshots, but never get round to releasing anything - and then when they do, you moan about a few bugs and say they should of waited longer, makes no sence to me :evil:

I've never said GTAT or SA-MP were making empty promises, although I have mentioned that gameplay is the only way to rate each mod against its competitors, and not by screenshots or videos.

I'm not moaning about "a few bugs". I'm complaining about the fact that these bugs are significant. For some reason Draco doesn't seem to see the crashes to desktop with no message telling the user what went wrong as a bug.

Once a few bugs are fixed, (radar(can be fixed easily) sync, etc). I think the netcode needs some work to, or it must be the servers. Most servers I go to make me crash on the nvidia screen because someone is on my name, or the server's ports are closed or the server is offline. No one was on my name, and the server was online.