[MOD]GTATournament: online Multiplayer (GTA San Andreas)

Toreno

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well no, at least not all :wink: i prefer GTAT at the moment, and soon another project which im going to betatest for.

How come you prefer another project which you haven't even tested yet?

its the new trend? :lol:

I cannot comprehend why everyone is getting so worked up in this posting- as far as I can make out, all {DBC} Lance was trying to do was make public some of the latest developments in the Vice City Multiplayer arena. There is no reason to go on an all out flame-fest. It's pathetic really. Fair enough, you prefer MTA (so do I as it happens), but that doesn't give you the right to act like bratty 5 year olds. Surely everyone wants decent multiplayer support for the GTA series. So why then do you all insist on crapping all over the people who are trying to make it happen, just because they aren't part of the project of your preference? GTAT might not playable in the way that you would wish, and MTA might not have had much visible progress, but that's because they are Beta versions, developed by people giving up their own free time. Developers like DracoBlue and Eai aren't providing you a service, they are allowing you the privelige of using GTA in a multiplayer context in return for constructive critical feedback If you are dissatisfied by the slow progress of coding groups like these or the lack of features that you wish to use then you should not be using the program or posting in these forums. Basically put up or shut up- if you think you can do a better job then by all means go ahead and do so.

My opinion (and that is all it is, an opinion, which I am entitled to) is that Vice City multiplayer will become less important in half a year or so. The more work done on developing multiplayer and other mods for VC and GTA3 in these coming months the better, as it will better prepare us all for when San Andreas finally rolls around. We should all do our best to positively encourage these developments, be they in the form of GTAT, GTA:C or MTA:VC, not crap all over them in pathetic flame wars.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe some of the shit i've seen you guys saying in this thread, some of you are just way to stupid to comprehend how hard it is to make a mp mod. Like i've seen said before, MAKE ONE YOURSELF, and make sure it's better then mta or gta t, then you can talk bad about each other, please, do NOT say one mod sucks or on mod is better, there both buggy, and they both have there problems, but sure, I bet one or the other is better in certain areas, but this is why they are in their BETA stage.

well because some ppl dont understand, like you.

i think its the worst pile of sh*it i have downloaded in my whole life!

you said that a while ago, but you couldn't lead a project yourself. begging the mta team for help and stuff.

Like i've seen said before, MAKE ONE YOURSELF, and make sure it's better then mta or gta t, then you can talk bad about each other,
Edited by Guest
finally iggy has hit it on the head

btw - what is the latest on gtaT - seems draco has been VERY quiet as of late

Draco was busy with the university and more. He's had outside life you know. And being the single coder for GtaT, he doesnt have a lot of time to work on it, but he's still coding what he can.

finally iggy has hit it on the head

btw - what is the latest on gtaT - seems draco has been VERY quiet as of late

Draco was busy with the university and more. He's had outside life you know. And being the single coder for GtaT, he doesnt have a lot of time to work on it, but he's still coding what he can.

It's always puzzled me - why doesn't he recruit extra team members?

The server had a bugged version of phpBB 2 on it.

So my admin closed the website until I edit this page.

But I never received a mail from him, so probably my mail account was hacked.

Currently there is a problem with my login pwd, when he sends me the new password the website will be back up and running.

Sorry, for the circumstances, I think it will not take so long. ...

Cu, Draco

full topic: http://dracoblue.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=46

thats why they've included backup files...............and the team is going to include a small menu , in which you can choose between GTAT multiplayer or just singleplayer 8)

why would we have to think of it?

gtat went from pretty nice, but not really great to very sucky (i still prefer gtat0.3 over 0.5) and i play mta, cause it has playersand it's good playable

heh mta went from pretty nice (0.3r2) , till not very great(mta 0.4.1), till very sucky(mta 0.5) :lol: draco(and the gtat team) realised that the old core couldn't handle it any more, so they started creating a new one( i hope they can tell us more when the site is back up again). And Maybe mta 0.5.1 will be a bit more stable, but they cant fix some big issues, thats because of the core.

heh mta went from pretty nice (0.3r2) , till not very great(mta 0.4.1), till very sucky(mta 0.5) :lol:

I happen to like 0.5. I played GTA3 first and then I heard everyone saying VC DM was utter crap so I stuck with GTA3 for a while. I still had fun when I played VC and couldn't really see what the fuss was about, but then again I never play as Robber.

yeah gta3 is ok,(shoresidevale that is). but blowing up the gta3 engine doesn't sound good to me. and the problem is with vice city deathmatch, almost every thing that worked well in mta 0.3r2 is gone(its not just the robber).

Yeah i know about blue, but MTA 0.5 required some spare time too, and the results aren't that great(hopefully mta 0.5.1 will change this though, maybe the thought that mta 0.4.1 was a good patch for mta 0.4 helps). working with an old core for too long is a bad idea. I mean take a look at gtat 0.5(x), the team was able to fix some issues, but some still exists(the lag caused by spawned cars).