Server Radio????

it could be implemented (I guess) , but the "members" would need to have the MP3 to.

No, they could stream it a la internet radio (wasn't there a mod that did something like that with a dummy MP3?), but whether that is actually legal is another matter.

Its possible that we could implement a radio stream, but the bandwidth would become an issue (especially for narrowband users). Its somthing a blue addon could implement though as it wouldn't be applicable for all mods.

eAi

for that there is a magical tool called TEAMSPEAK :wink:

I tried setting up a Radio Station on KFC's Teamspeak server for a while and nobody appricated the glory, majesty and power that is Cheezy Techno! * sniffles * I felt so rejected...

* runs off sobbing into his pile of Cheezy mp3's *

One way to implement it would be to send the entire file at a time to each client, in a format such as ra or mp3, and have each be a very low bit rate (you can fit a 3 minute song way under 1mb). Then to sync it would be as simple to snyc the file-read pointer on each client (incredibly low bandwidth)

of course this is based on the fact that the admin chooses \ creates small files.

a stream of midi would be easy as pie.. if only midi was commercial quality

I was thinking of this earlier: it would be pretty cool if mta synced radio stations. It would be very simple, and you'd know that what you are hearing is what others are hearing, so a chat comment like "lol fernando" would make sense...

The way gta plays radios, is that it randomizes a pointer within the radio file each time you start up gta3 (in vice city it actualy saves the pointer from where it was when you last saved) and plays from there.. if when a client connects it is sent the server pointer it would automatticaly hear the same radio as everyone else! I think this would be awesome for mta..

It would indeed be a fun feature to have all the radio stations synched, then to be able to comment on the hiliarious stuff they sometimes discuss 8)

but then again there are many radio stations, and it couldn't be to difficult to get the admin to read-out what radio station the players are listining to. (Then you could have some stats over which radio station is most popular and which is not so popular for the whole server, thats counting mp3 out of course.)

Also another option would be to restrict some radio-stations and only leave some certain open, this would be a server option. Maybe wouldn't be used so much but it gives even more control of the server.

Edited by Guest
It would indeed be a fun feature to have all the radio stations synched, then to be able to comment on the hiliarious stuff they sometimes discuss 8)

but then again there are many radio stations, and it couldn't be to difficult to get the admin to read-out what radio station the players are listining to. (Then you could have some stats over which radio station is most popular and which is not so popular for the whole server, thats counting mp3 out of course.)

Also another option would be to restrict some radio-stations and only leave some certain open, this would be a server option. Maybe wouldn't be used so much but it gives even more control of the server.

I don't really care about synced radio stations, but syncing passengers' radio stations to the driver's would be good. All I really want is for the radio to start at a random point each time.

I don't really care about synced radio stations, but syncing passengers' radio stations to the driver's would be good. All I really want is for the radio to start at a random point each time.

well the thing is, the way I descibed above, it would always be at a different place each time you start, so it would appear random, yet be at the same place other ppl are hearing.

you also bring up a good point, it would be cool if the cars radio stations were synced and the driver had control... if the stations were also synced, you'd hear the same thing as everyone else in the car