Ability to set player attributes

Have been scripting with the old system via mtama for a while. We would be able to do alot more if it was possible to do some of the following:

Set player...

- health

- armor

- cash

- position

- weapons/ammo

- skin

Set vehicle...

- health (repair it fully)

- position

- Make different players show up in different colors in minimap

- Be able to use the arrows like they show up in single player to give waypoints

that shouldn't be a problem in BLUE, as you have the ability to add in your own features and how you want the game to work. As for the current core, that stuff aint possible through mtaMA, but it depends whether the team would code that into the 0.4.* series, which i doubt.

Set vehicle...

- health (repair it fully)

That can be only done at the moment in gta3 using a pay 'n spray.

- Bungle

eAi: Are you implying that I could possibly find a way to make some scm calls (with the current 0.4) to set a player's health from mtama? ...or were you just referring to BLUE?

If it isn't too much trouble, could you refer me to a link? I haven't done much scm stuff.

I'm pretty sure he means it will be possible in BLUE

Obviously , especially since this is posted in the blue section.

To original poster: by posting in here everybody will assume you want these features for the blue core .

There will possibly not be any amazingly big additions to the future 0.4.x releases,most things you can expect are fixes ,and minor but very nice features.

About your suggestions most of them will very likely be possible in blue ( if you looked around some youd find some info)

The only ones that bother me are the player/car spawn health.The car fixing 100% part i think would be possible but i think its very akward to have a player/car spawn with 50% health .

I dont think i have ever seen this in a single player mod and im not even sure if this part is possible.

The player health max if im not mistaken is 255 , so this might be a way to give a certain character a handicap ( if what i say is tru) so you would give some chars 100 health and some would have 255 .

~offtopic~

Does money has any mean in MTA 0.4.1??!!!

didn't knew... :?

Money has no usable function in MTA:VC, however in MTA:GTA III you can purchase weapons and health in ammu-nation for the money you earn by killing and racing in Turismo :)

edit: please stop using such annoying text.

Edited by Guest
This would be pretty useful in manhunt.

Heh you read my mind. I am setting up a LAN party for some friends and GTA3 MTA is going to be one of the featured games. I've playtested and tweaked Manhunt before and on of the most common complaints was that they couldn't figure out which person was the "fugitive". A similar complaint was made when we played catch the "whoppee/car/etc" where the vehicle couldn't be easily found.

I look forward to what I will be able to accomplish with Blue.

P.S. I don't know if any of you ever played carmageddon 2. But if anyone knows what "british bulldog" is, but recreating that in MTA is my ultimate goal.