Switching to DSL gave me serious real server issues.

i'm no IT technician but you may have a firewall built into the dsl box (if dsl has that), or the company.

If you have SBC DSL they have a packet loss they can't / won't fix.

(shrugs) i'm the temporary reply until everyone comes in and tells you how to really fix it ^.^

well, i doubt its anything to do with aol. im on aol (yes, im not happy to admit it :roll: ) and everything is ok.

and btw nickl, aol have decided to give a new option of connecting. u dont have to use the crappy program, but 'aol dialer' which is soley for connected to the internet and there is no other crap. its like the default dial-up networking dialer

p.s. what i h8 about aol is that stupid women who's on the adverts and goes 'welcome to aol' wen u connect(its not aol dialer thou :) ) . im not sure if shes in the usa, but in uk she is.

edit: just noticed its my 200th post WAHOO :D

im not behind a router and it even does the same thing when im OFF aol..

when i turn on my computer, im connected to the internet. however to use aol's features i must sign on to it via broadband.. the clients cannot connect to me whether i have aol or not. and the option in network connections for firewall is OFF.. i dont get it :(

Ok I just said screw it and switched it to a linux dedicated server.. now other people (including myself) can connect to it with acceptable pings, but now another problem has arose: i cannot connect to it via admin+

I'm positive i have all the settings in mtaserver.conf correct, including admin port 4003, client port 2003, server crazymoddingcrew.com, and password.. help pls?

Ok I just said screw it and switched it to a linux dedicated server.. now other people (including myself) can connect to it with acceptable pings, but now another problem has arose: i cannot connect to it via admin+

I'm positive i have all the settings in mtaserver.conf correct, including admin port 4003, client port 2003, server crazymoddingcrew.com, and password.. help pls?

remember to enable admin+ in MTA:mA/options

the line for adding admin+ in mtaserver.conf should look like this.

# AdminPlus

# Required: No

# Purpose: Defines whether or not the Server should accept connections from Admin+ Clients

# Notes:

# Enabling this feature will use bandwidth to the equivalent of an extra player

# 0 - disabled

# 1 - enabled

AdminPlus 1

remember to turn it on with 1 :P

also there are passwords for admin+ admin and for the normal one, so make sure your connecting with the admin+ pass

# AdminPlusPassword

# Required: Yes (if AdminPlus == 1)

# Purpose: Defines the password that will be required by the MTA Remote Admin for Admin+ Connections to your Server

# Notes:

# Password's are NOT sent encrypted in this version of the Client / Server. Please keep that in mind.

AdminPlusPassword "admin+pass"

im not sure though if the linux server has a different config file.

good luck :)

jacoB, I'd put money that your DSL modem has a built-in Router/Firewall. If your PC is saying it has an IP that's different than your Internet IP, so there's definitely something between there.

Using AOL software has absolutely nothing to do with your problem.

Go to http://www.whatismyip.com and see what it says your IP address is. Then go to command prompt and type "ipconfig". If the two IP addresses don't match, you clearly have a router or proxy at some point between you and the big wide web. As was mentioned previously AOL proxy most of their connections, so it could be that, alternatively it could be in your modem... Maybe phoning AOL and asking them might help, though I doubt they'll be too keen on your hosting servers (might even be against the T&C).

Your current IP (the last one you posted with), resolves to MBO Video (whatever that is).

eAi

yes, they are COMPLETELY different.

what you all dont realize is.. AOL IS MY THIRD PARTY ISP.

aol is not even in my startup. how in the hell can they assign me if i dont load their program, letalone connect to it?

i think i have some kind of hidden router in my modem. if i do, what do i do to fix my server problem?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
With my network (I'm behind a router) I had to configure my DSL modem to forward the ports I specified to my router, which then in turn forwarded it to my server machine. You may have to set your DSL modem to forward ports accordingly... What kind of modem is it?

My DSL modem doesnt have some kind of special port forwarding properties option in control panel or anything.. even if my modem DID have a built in router, I wouldn't know how to forward ports anyway.. only way i kno is a firewall, and thats the last thing i want right now

btw my modem is a Westell..