Symlink: shared resources folder

Does anyone know if it's possible to share the resources directory or a subfolder (e.g. "[maps]") between multiple servers?

Exemplary folder structure:

server1

server2

maps

Commands:

ln -s maps "server1/mods/deathmatch/resources/[maps]" 

ln -s maps "server2/mods/deathmatch/resources/[maps]" 

Thank you

Yes it is possible, but it's also a really bad idea as the first server will lock some of the files for other applications to read or modify them, including the second server. Resources generally doesn't use much hard drive space so having two identical maps folders (one for each servers) won't be an issue.

If your intention was to simplify development I suggest you use a third development directory from where the files can be cloned to both the servers using a simple bash script.

cp -r -v -u /servers/dev/* /servers/s1 
cp -r -v -u /servers/dev/* /servers/s2 

Thanks for your answer. My intention is to save hard drive space. A simple resource isn't that large, right. But I'm talking about hundreds of maps which include music files or textures and mostly are some MBs large so I in the end have 30GB or more hdd space used. And it would be great if I wouldn't need to store each map twice on the hdd if I have two servers.

I can't check this ATM because the server is not running but planned in the near future. I just know that the resources folder will be several GBs large and would like to know if it's possible to avoid multiple copies of exactly the same resources for multiple servers.