using a controller for targeting

i have found that when using a controller (with classic mode enabled) that using the pistol to shoot a PERSON does NOTHING to their life even if i stand there and shoot and shoot and shoot.

why has this game been designed like this? people using the pistol with standard controlling alwyas kill me. and im not exxagerating, i shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot and nothing ever happens to the other person when using the gun you start with. its really really really gay.

i have found that when using a controller (with classic mode enabled) that using the pistol to shoot a PERSON does NOTHING to their life even if i stand there and shoot and shoot and shoot.

why has this game been designed like this? people using the pistol with standard controlling alwyas kill me. and im not exxagerating, i shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot and nothing ever happens to the other person when using the gun you start with. its really really really gay.

i think there is a minority that use controllers for GTA, the MTA team can't be expected to make it working for them (there are also a lot of different controllers) the people with keyboards are more important :P

although I don't know if it takes that much work to get controllers working perfectly with MTA.

By classic mode, I'm guessing you're using target lock on, right?

My girlfriend had this problem, it's due to the fact that either:

This is considered a secondary firing mode (like switching to first person view/targeting) which doesn't work with the current core, or:

You lock onto the sprite, but the person may actaully be a little off to the side, due to lag/desync, so you might be hitting them dead on, but on their screen you could be missing by inches.

Best advice I can give you is what I gave her; switch to standard, it'll take a bit to learn but I can gaurantee your killcount will go up.

or .. its not synced .. i tried this out with a bunch of people today . none of them got hit . they said i was just shooting in front of me . when on my screen , the player was aiming to the right and the bullets were hitting the person .

So .. i dont think its synced .. i have asked a bunch of people if they could do it , and they said it did not work .. so it might not be just my pc ..

yea, it appears that this is truth that im screwed with classic. but to anyone who says "use the keyboard", i say "bite me". i play this game ot have fun, and my fun comes from playing as tho i was on the PS2.

i may consider standard just to get a kill or two, but this is rediculous. and there are some weapons that are stil viable. the shotgun for instance. wait, thats about it...

Ignore Jacob, I'm sure everyone else does. :roll:

I couldn't really get used to the keyboard either, what I do is I use my entire pad for driving, but on foot I use the directionals to walk, my start button (which is near the D-pad) to commander vehicles, my left shoulder button to jump, space bar to ride shotgun, my mouse to aim, LMB to fire, RMB to run and my scroll wheel for weapons. I'd use my pad for everything but the analog sticks on a logitech suck, they recalibrate every so often so I can't turn left and whatnot. :roll:

• 1 month later...
Ignore Jacob, I'm sure everyone else does. :roll:

I couldn't really get used to the keyboard either, what I do is I use my entire pad for driving, but on foot I use the directionals to walk, my start button (which is near the D-pad) to commander vehicles, my left shoulder button to jump, space bar to ride shotgun, my mouse to aim, LMB to fire, RMB to run and my scroll wheel for weapons. I'd use my pad for everything but the analog sticks on a logitech suck, they recalibrate every so often so I can't turn left and whatnot. :roll:

Holy crap, thats exactly what I do to the same very controls. Awesome. :wink:

the current core does not work with controllers as far as we can tell, noone has used them on the team so we generally havent tested... the new BLUE core utilizes a different method for all aspects of shooting so we aren't sure if controllers work there... we'll ahve to look into it.. no promises though

Kent