Who is better?

Hi,

i will buy VPS server soon... so i'm going to add MTA:SA RPG server + Website on that VPS

so, who is better:

#1 Hosting VPS: 2048 MB RAM,80GB Storage,4096 MB Burst RAM,x4 CPU (Shared),2 TB Bandwidth,1 IPv4,Virtualizor Panel,Full Root Access,Choice of Linux OS,OpenVZ (hosted in germany frankfurt) = 12$

Or

#2Hosting VPS:

4 GB Ram, 30 GB storage , 4 vcores, 1 IPv4, Full root access , Choice of Linux OS or Windows (hosted in Roubaix France) = 17$

Please guys tell me what is the best VPS Solution i should use because i'm going to add Website + MTASA RPG server on 1 VPS

• 4 months later...

So, who is better: 
#1 Hosting VPS: 2048 MB RAM,80GB Storage,4096 MB Burst RAM,x4 CPU (Shared),2 TB Bandwidth,1 IPv4,Virtualizor Panel,Full Root Access,Choice of Linux OS,OpenVZ (hosted in germany frankfurt) = 12$ 

Or 

#2Hosting VPS: 
4 GB Ram, 30 GB storage , 4 vcores, 1 IPv4, Full root access , Choice of Linux OS or Windows (hosted in Roubaix France) = 17$ 

Remember, there are better offers out there, I can find you a cheap reliable, and powerful VPS for a great price! :)

I hooked my friend up with a really good provider with outstanding specifications, but if you want to choose from one of the above, I would say #1 but there may be some small concerns -

This is because,

It consists of 2 GB RAM and 4 GB Burst RAM, so in case the 2 GB RAM is in use at it's max, it can use some of the Burst RAM, sometimes there is a certain amount of time limit on how long you can use the Burst RAM, over usages may lead to termination of VPS.

Secondly, the storage is 80 GB, so depending on how large your server is, 80 GB is more than enough. And also it depends on how many files your web server uses and game server. Furthermore 4 vCores is also more than enough, depending on how many GHz your CPU is running it would be perfect, to run your gameserver and web server at a constant and stable level. The problem I really have with VPS 1 is that it's shared, meaning many ports may be blocked. I was once with a shared vps, and they told me to pay to open up certain ports, which really sucked and I stopped hosting with them, so be sure what ports you want open ;) And also a Shared VPS may limit your access across the VPS. Finally, 2 TB should be more than enough, again depending on your gameserver and how many unique players it gets and the download amount, you should optimize your resources for the least possible lag, and your website traffic shouldn't be too high, to get the lowest bandwidth usage, but it shouldn't be a problem :) The rest is fine.

VPS #2 is not bad, but the disk space is a little low, other than that it's perfect.

You can choose what VPS you desire! :)

Some negatives I found about Shared Hosting -

♤ The biggest problem is the limited resources at your disposal.

♤ Sharing a server is sharing system resources with other users on one physical machine and therefore every user has some restrictions on their service.

♤ For example, if any of the users on the shared server uses a lot of traffic, CPU cycles, email capabilities etc, you or other individuals on the same machine are likely to experience worse shared hosting performance.

♤ One more downside is not being able to install modules and programs on the server you need in order to run your own web site and scripts.

♤ Many ports may be blocked because they're in use by other users or restricted!

So what would you choose?

In my opinion I would choose a normal VPS, but 2 major things may be to stick with a Shared Hosting would be, if you know that -

♤ You will receive low traffic.

♤ Your server will be standby and will use the least amount of power.

So, who is better: 

Or 

#2Hosting VPS: 

Remember, there are better offers out there, I can find you a cheap reliable, and powerful VPS for a great price! :)

I hooked my friend up with a really good provider with outstanding specifications, but if you want to choose from one of the above, I would say #1 but there may be some small concerns -

This is because,

It consists of 2 GB RAM and 4 GB Burst RAM, so in case the 2 GB RAM is in use at it's max, it can use some of the Burst RAM, sometimes there is a certain amount of time limit on how long you can use the Burst RAM, over usages may lead to termination of VPS.

Secondly, the storage is 80 GB, so depending on how large your server is, 80 GB is more than enough. And also it depends on how many files your web server uses and game server. Furthermore 4 vCores is also more than enough, depending on how many GHz your CPU is running it would be perfect, to run your gameserver and web server at a constant and stable level. The problem I really have with VPS 1 is that it's shared, meaning many ports may be blocked. I was once with a shared vps, and they told me to pay to open up certain ports, which really sucked and I stopped hosting with them, so be sure what ports you want open ;) And also a Shared VPS may limit your access across the VPS. Finally, 2 TB should be more than enough, again depending on your gameserver and how many unique players it gets and the download amount, you should optimize your resources for the least possible lag, and your website traffic shouldn't be too high, to get the lowest bandwidth usage, but it shouldn't be a problem :) The rest is fine.

VPS #2 is not bad, but the disk space is a little low, other than that it's perfect.

You can choose what VPS you desire! :)

Burst RAM does not exist. I'm assuming you mean, a VSwap file?

• 2 weeks later...