Quick Questions

First... is there anyway of possibly seeing car locations and weapon locations (even health) on a map before the core release? I know someone is working on where everything will go... and as a way to get everybody (especially gangs) ready for the new core... is there anyway to possibly get this info?

I hear you may have to buy weapons soon (which sounds like a good idea) is that true at all? If so maybe the hunter should go on that list... or have it heavily guarded (i can only imagine the mayhem lol).

Damn I had a good question... Oh.. duh... Does anyone know if the PC version and PS2 version are the same? I mean as in the weapon and vehicle files. I'm making a report on all the cars and weapons for my team (so we can easily see what's better etc, etc) but I don't wanna mess with anything... Anyway I found a walkthrough with all the information on VC... but it's for PS2, would anyone know if these are both the same?

This last question is for the MTA Team... Does MTA change any of the original VC files? This is (again) for the report i'm doing and want to be sure that MTA doesn't change any of the files, so that I know my information is accurate.

Thank you for your time,

Akira

ok first question : no i dont think they can give you a map.

I know that atleast one of them that puts some weapons/vehicles sometimes uses a map its probably so he can see that there arent too many cars in one part of the city and none in the other part ,same for weapons.But the map might not always be accurate ,But maps for the releases have come pretty fast after the releases , normally 4/5 days.

BTW , i have seen the picture of the server tool, and i think its safe to say that we will all be cappable of changing weapon/vehicle locations , i am however not sure of this but the way it is written seem very easy to be able to do that,and since the blue core will be cappable of supporting mods i surely think this will be one of its cappabilities.

Second question : no mta does not change anything of vc because it uses its own .scm and .data files .

.scm for the player spawn location,vehicle spawn location, health/weapon pickups etc.

And the .data files for some minor changes they have done to be able to use melee weapons and i think also for the stubby.

Well... No, you can't have a map as we haven't placed any weapons or pickups etc, thats not part of the core, thats an addon task... one day people will get this...

Essentially, we don't change any vice city files, appart from a very minor chage to weapons.dat (I think) as mentioned previously this is so that melee weapons work, and it doesn't effect single player (and it changed back when the game exits anything - I think.

eAi

So... the PC and PS2 is the same... and MTA doesn't change anythign...hmm... sweet, i can begin work immediately then!

The map... damn, I knew weapons wouldn't be on and now I see they won't be (taht's our job... so i took from it), but I got one question...

The clans of MTA... what the hell is gonna happen to them when the mods flood the "market"...? Because it may no longer be MTA... just A, B, C, D and all the mods... ah... chaos ^.^

The clans of MTA... what the hell is gonna happen to them when the mods flood the "market"...? Because it may no longer be MTA... just A, B, C, D and all the mods... ah... chaos ^.^

i guess the community decides the popularity of the mods, time will tell how popular the mods will be :)

but then again if a clan server chooses to have certain pick-ups here and there, then u have to familiarize yourself with their set-up. These "mods" with moving the spawns and pick-ups is not so much of a chaos really but a very good way to add variation in MTA.

Well i'll push for (what the MTA team will hate me for) an MTA official version (for gang wars) and a moddable version. This way the gangs can do whatever they want but the MTA Team can have the OFFICIAL one so there is no "Well you modded that map so WE win" crap. Just a suggestion that the MTA Team will hate (i know they're busy), but with the clans and the already "pain in the ass" clan matches... mine as well make the forums less "spammed" by bitching by having an official one.

Counter Strike is still Half-Life, and I don't think many people who play Counter Strike don't realise that. We're going to try to help mod developers as much as possible when they create mods for blue. We haven't quite decided exactly what support we'll be offering, but we plan on it being as extensive as possible. More information on this somtime...

eAi

Counter Strike is still Half-Life, and I don't think many people who play Counter Strike don't realise that. We're going to try to help mod developers as much as possible when they create mods for blue. We haven't quite decided exactly what support we'll be offering, but we plan on it being as extensive as possible. More information on this somtime...

eAi

That sounds good.

I play Counter-Strike. I love it. Source, battlefield 1942.. halo.. all those, but i prefer MTA more anbove all, hmm its just kinda hard to go away from!