Nintendo DS: Date, Price, and Box-Art.

Well, I'm not sure how many handheld fans there are here, but I thought I would update you guy's with the latest news.

There you are. The upcoming Nintendo DS will make its worldwide debut in North America on November 21 and after that in Japan on December 2. The price of the unit will be at $149.99, much lower than the $199 rumoured. DS will be the first Nintendo system to make a debut outside its home, Japan.

Moreover the Nintendo DS comes with the PictoChat application built-in. Yes sir. You are reading right. PictoChat was already rumoured to be embedded in the system hardware and now it is officially confirmed. This application allows DS owners to write messages with an on-screen keyboard or the stylus and send them wirelessly to other DS users nearby. Nintendo DS in sleep mode can spring to life if another DS is in transmitting range so the users can communicate.

"Each time Nintendo creates a hand-held, it introduces new elements of play and sets a new standard for mobile gaming," Larry Probst, EA's chairman and CEO said. "The DS is no exception - Nintendo has another big winner with the DS."

Nintendo DS has a flip-top cover that can protect both screens. It has two speakers that let users hear surround sound, while its dual screens opens new ways to play games. Nintendo DS sits 148.7 millimetres (5.85 inches) wide, 84.7 millimetres (3.33 inches) long and 28.9 millimetres (1.13 inches) tall (with the cover closed). The new media format for games has no moving parts that could be misaligned if the unit is dropped or jarred and also gives the DS a long battery life.

Coming out in USA before Japan eh? Me likey :P Definately gonna get me one of these for X-Mas, after X-Mas, or my B-Day. Only 2 more months before it's release ^_^

And, here we go...

OFFICIAL BOX ART!!!

0568a14e-5d35-4683-8071-962c27deb947.jpg

UPDATE:

DS Commercial (Japanese)

http://alpha.emulation64.com/Videos/dsa ... wmvlow.wmv

Edited by Guest

also .. New ps2 :

A "Thiner" more sleek design :

This has been confirmed and it will comeout on november 1 , this year (info from gtagaming.com)

pstwovert.jpg

I guess its just just Gtamp mods that will have a copentition soon ..

Altough .. I think DS might sell more cause its new .. all sony did was change the design ..

hmm, only 2 months away...? that's not long anymore...

if i have enough money, then i'm sure that i'll buy one :P

Uhhhhh, it comes out 2005 in Europe. Sorry MB :P First USA on Nov 21st, then Japan on Dec 1st, then Europe in an unconfirmed date for 2005. Also, I know I'm getting one. My ma said she'd get me one with a game for X-Mas ^_^ (oh well, it takes up my bday gift from her too, but its worth it :P)

Forget it Mad! Holland will always stay behind from the rest of the world. We're simply not very interesting for Nintendo since we Dutch people are so damn cheap. 8)

Why do you think theres the English phrase: "Lets go Dutch!" (Which means that two people separate the bill they need to pay for.) Now that is cheap. :D

Forget it Mad! Holland will always stay behind from the rest of the world. We're simply not very interesting for Nintendo since we Dutch people are so damn cheap. 8)

Why do you think theres the English phrase: "Lets go Dutch!" (Which means that two people separate the bill they need to pay for.) Now that is cheap. :D

if we are so cheap, then why is the stuff more expansive here than in the uk or us, eh?