createPickup timeout

Xabache

I want this money to disappear 15 seconds after being created, like in the real game. How do I make it timeout in the easiest manner?

local money = math.random( 1, 8 ); 
    if money > 3 then 
        setElementData(createPickup(x1, y1, z, 3, 1212), "amount1", math.random( 1, 25 ) ); 

You need to store the pickup in a variable, then use that variable in setElementData. You can then use setTimer along with destroyElement after 15 seconds.

local pickup = createPickup(x1, y1, z, 3, 1212) 
setElementData(pickup, "amount1", math.random( 1, 25 ) ); 
setTimer(function() if (isElement(pickup)) then destroyElement(pickup) end end, 15000, 1) 

This creates a pickup on the death of a ped, so element data is being set so the pickup has the name "weapon" so that onpickuse and pickuphit know what to do. and the ammo value 50-100.

addEventHandler("onPickupUse", getRootElement(), PickupHit);

The part that creates this serverside event is onpedwasted triggering this money creator is expanded to also do weapons. All i need is to know the weapon in hand of the player who wasted the ped.

function createMoney(player) 
    local x, y, z = getElementPosition(player); 
    local x1, y1, x2, y2; 
    x1 = (x-1)+(math.random()*1); 
    y1 = (y-1)+(math.random()*1); 
    x2 = (x-2)+(math.random()*2); 
    y2 = (y-2)+(math.random()*2); 
    x3 = (x-3)+(math.random()*3); 
    y3 = (y-3)+(math.random()*3); 
    x4 = (x-4)+(math.random()*4); 
    y4 = (y-4)+(math.random()*4); 
    x5 = (x-5)+(math.random()*5); 
    y5 = (y-5)+(math.random()*5); 
    local money = math.random( 1, 8 ); 
    -- locaPlayer player 
    if money > 3 then 
        local am1 = createPickup(x1, y1, z, 3, 1212) 
        setElementData(am1, "amount1", math.random( 1, 25 ) ); 
        setTimer(function() if (isElement(am1)) then destroyElement(am1) end end, 10000, 1) 
        if money > 4 then 
            local weaptype = math.random(1,10) 
            if weaptype == 1 then 
                local we = createPickup(x5, y5, z, 2, myRandom()) 
                setElementData(we, "weapon", math.random( 50, 100 ) ); 
                setTimer(function() if (isElement(we)) then destroyElement(we) end end, 10000, 1) 
            else 
            outputChatBox ( "play " .. getPedWeapon(player) ) 
                local we = createPickup(x5, y5, z, 2, getPedWeapon(playerSource) ) 
                setTimer(function() if (isElement(we)) then destroyElement(we) end end, 10000, 1) 

Specifically this bit:

local we = createPickup(x5, y5, z, 2, getPedWeapon(playerSource) ) 
                setTimer(function() if (isElement(we)) then destroyElement(we) end end,  

which works fine when it works like this:

local we = createPickup(x5, y5, z, 2, myRandom()) 

You don't need to handle onPickupHit yourself, when you create a pickup of type 2, it automatically gives the ped a weapon when he hits it. You might only use onPickupHit to destroy the pickup when it's hit. So, you don't really need the element data.

You need to specify the ammo argument, so that it gives the ped the correct amount of ammo.

I told you to post your code because you're using client, which only refers to the local player who triggered the event, unless you defined client yourself or you used triggerServerEvent, it won't work.

This gets the current weapon in the player's hand:

getPedWeapon(player) 

If it's onPlayerWasted event, then you can use source instead of player. Now note this, I'm not really sure if the player still carries his weapon after he dies (and before he respawns), so I guess you will have to test

Sorry, but that wasn't at all my question. And I see your request for greater specifics now.

When the player, kills a ped onPedWasted (serverside only) I want a weapon to be dropped by that ped. I want that weapon to be the same as the weapon used by the player to kill them. So I need to know, what weapon is in the hand of the player when the onPedWasted event occurs serverside for which getPedWeapon(source) and getPedWeapon(player) both return 0 despite the weapon of choice being the minigun.

This base code could be used to test it. all i need is the player weaponID on wasted

function createMoney(player) 
       local x, y, z = getElementPosition(player); 
       local x1, y1, x2, y2; 
       x1 = (x-2)+(math.random()*4); 
       y1 = (y-2)+(math.random()*4); 
       x2 = (x-2)+(math.random()*4); 
       y2 = (y-2)+(math.random()*4); 
       local moneyAmmount = getPlayerMoney(player); 
       moneyAmmount = math.floor(moneyAmmount/2); 
       takePlayerMoney(player, moneyAmmount); 
       moneyAmmount = math.floor(moneyAmmount/2); 
       setElementData(createPickup(x1, y1, z, 3, 1212), "ammount", moneyAmmount); 
       setElementData(createPickup(x2, y2, z, 3, 1212), "ammount", moneyAmmount); 
    end 

function moneyPickupHit(player) 
       local money = getElementData(source, "ammount"); 
       if money then 
          givePlayerMoney(player, money); 
          destroyElement(source); 
       end 
    end 

function playerJustGotDied(ammo, attacker, weapon, bodypart) 
    if (isElement(attacker)) then 
        createMoney(source) 
        end 
    end 
    addEventHandler("onPickupUse", getRootElement(), moneyPickupHit); 
    addEventHandler("onPlayerWasted", getRootElement(), playerJustGotDied); 

Now I get it, okay, here's the code for that:

addEventHandler("onPedWasted", root, function(ammo, killer, weapon) 
if (weapon == 0) then return end 
local x,y,z = getElementPosition(source) 
local pickup = createPickup(x, y, z, 2, weapon, 0, getPedTotalAmmo(killer) or 300) 
addEventHandler("onPickupHit", pickup, destroyElement) -- destroy the pickup on hit 
end) 

Now, you probably will need to edit it to suit your needs. Do you want to detect players being killed or peds? If you want players, change onPedWasted to onPlayerWasted.

You might want to edit the ammo argument as well.

Very nice code^^

..almost there.

The Ped has no weapon or ammo. It is just a ped on whose death reveals a ""hidden"" weapon that is the same as the one the player used to kill it. So a weaponless ped is killed, to reveal it has 50 ammo of weaponID X == the player's gun. In otherwords, I kill it with a minigun, it gives me minigun ammo. I kill it with a knife it gives me a knife. It is a complex problem with a simple solution, all i need is for the server to tell me the players weapon ID. How?