[REL] gm like DayZ

Deepu

hey guys I was just thinking about it and look, Is it useful in creating another survival based gamemode like Dayz? Is it needed in the community? If any such gamemode is required then what gamemode is needed? I can code it and give it for free?

Comments welcome. Suggestion answers will be very much appreciated.

In my opinion its a great idea, im sure lots of people are sick of the current basic DayZ gamemode which there are like a millions of servers uses the same gamemode.. well creating a new one will be very successful but it must be very different from the basic DayZ gamemode.. like yeah add items, backpacks, vehicles like dayz.. but you could also add somthing new and can't be found in other dayz servers like: Add lots and lots of new items, upgradable weapons, building system that will let you craft construction material or chop wood and build wooden walls, fences, doors...etc, events such as civilian rescue mission or whatever(you can come up with another event later).

I saw this interesting and i just thought about those things now, I don't know if you're even serious with this but i hope you are. and we could talk and discuss this here

Holidays coming soon wisam, thanks for suggesting, I am very serious about this, and this holidays gonna make this free gamemode, or should I make a server of myself? or should I give it to community?

It's you work, do wath you want to do, or you can make one server and relase the Source Code to others.

I'll give the source code to others, I dont think anyone will join my server duh...

If its very different from the basic DayZ gamemode, trust me LOTS of players would join and ill be the first one :D

Tell me who is currently with you on the project, and i might also join in and help with somthing

Currently, just I am working with it and MrBrutus said he will join me when he has time, I asked him for help :D so yea, it will be totally different, Coolest scripts will be installed, I just need help with ideas, suggestions, and database :/ I suck at database lol

How is this going to be different from DayZ, are you sure you thought about this? Sure the community needs a more advanced survival game mode, I can agree on that. But on the other side, it's easier to make something out of an RPG game mode by adding slothbot, realistic night shaders and some new mapping. That would also be a great survival game mode. I just don't get why you want to hire someone for $200 per hour just to help you with a game mode you plan to release for free. That doesn't make any sense.

I actually dont need a $200 scripter or a $1 scripter or anybody, I can manage everything except maps ( bad at mapping :D need a good mapper plus modeller, who can make custom Models) and I need someone who can work with databases.. because we're having some fun in this

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 17.02.2015 at 9:43 AM, Deepu said:

hey guys I was just thinking about it and look, Is it useful in creating another survival based gamemode like Dayz? Is it needed in the community? If any such gamemode is required then what gamemode is needed? I can code it and give it for free?

Comments welcome. Suggestion answers will be very much appreciated.