Does anyone play MTA VC or 3 on 56k?

Guest Daemonicus

A few days ago I bought GTA:VC soley because of MTA. After I bought it I went to my cousins house, who had COX cable, and played MTA VC for nearly 3 days straight. I fell in love with it. But, at my home, I have a 56k dial up connection. I am just wonder if anyone plays this on a 56k connection, because im afraid I will not be able to play MTA again. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

i use broadband and it runs quite well, however i have the most stupid ISP that puts on bw limit of 2 gb :( that lasts about 2 weeks with playing mta regulary, then i have to w8 till the next month before i can start playing agen :/ that is if i dont want a HUGE bill!

only solution i have (dominating ISP here) is to plan how to get those 2 gb to last, so that i can play/surf the whole month, cause sitting and waiting for the month gives withdrawal symptoms :P

nah playing it on lan helps a little bit :)

Don't post misleading and totally inaccurate replies please Lara.

Daemonicus, MTA is most certainly playable on dialup, I did so myself for a number of months whilst waiting for broadband. The key is to stick to smaller servers, no more than 12 people max for instance. Of course you will have to do a lot of aiming ahead and accounting for your lag when fighting as will the people fighting you.

I normally play on servers with less than 10 people anyways just so I have to deal with less morons. And I don't really like shooting people. Not that I dislike the violence, I really enjoy it, but sometimes the aiming is unbearable, and I usually just prefer to drive around with some freindly people and race or play various forms of tag.

the major thing that bothers me is not low pings, but low framerates. you can empty all your ammo on someone with an integrated card and they wont even know your being aggressive. 56kers i can handle no prob. and honestly, they do get a slight advantage, but they notice the lag just as much as us.

Me. ;P

I've been playing MTA on a 56k connection for nearly a year. There are actually more problems on your side than most people would expect, but you'll get used to it over time.

Your choice of servers will be the biggest factor of how much you'll actually lag. Try playing on those that are located within the country that you live and are only holding around 12 people or less at the time.

I won't go into detail about the other problems that you may face. Just don't let your connection ruin this game... it's still playable. 8)