>> MTA Error Report Tool

eAi

ok i tested again using my cd, instead of crack. didn't work but i can see that the program has had influence on the crashes, its very convient that the game closes down so fast, so u can get ingame again quick :)

the only thing im missing is for the dialog to show up after crash, there can be many reasons for this.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its possible. You'd probably get that effect if theres an error in my code...

I've uploaded a very slightly modified version (same link as before) that should implement some more checking. Try that, see if it works then.

We'll get it working perfectly eventually.

I' wondering wheter the errors aren't caused by a memory leak in the server. I ran the linux version on a seperate system, and after running for 3 weeks, it used all available RAM and swap. Some people crashed every 30 secs. After restarting the server this was decreased to once an hour. I don't know if your program is able to detect problems that are cuased by strange packets from the server, but I think it's worth investigating.
Thats not somthing we can really check very easily, but the this program will still catch those crashes, so we can see what caused them.

eAi

ok eAi working now :)

there's one issue tho, the Error Tool wants to update itself, even after i put updated files in there. Anyone else getting this?

Yep, I get that too. Wouldn't it be better for the tool to try to update itself before an error occurs (such as when VC starts)?

Just released another update, enough for the moment. We've had 55 error reports, and I can already see some patterns. The more people who use this the better, and thankyou everyone whos taken part (especially if you've written a report!).

eAi

i got MTA it letd me load in game but when i spawn it crashes then i installed the patch for the errs fixes now it fucking loads into the spawing point then exites to windows its bullshit plz Email me at gtbiker69420666@hotmail and telll me what 2 do

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
well they stopped accepting reports (does this mean they see a patern in them?)

eAi said that they received 17,000 reports if I recall correctly, and there are only a finite number of possible errors, so 17,000 is probably overkill.

On the subject of crashes, what will happen in 0.4.5 when someone tries to get on a motorbike as a passenger when there's no driver? Will it:

a) Remain unchanged?

b) Automatically set the person as driver instead?

c) Set them as passenger and not crash?

d) Display a message and not allow them to get on the bike until there's a driver?

well they stopped accepting reports (does this mean they see a patern in them?)

eAi said that they received 17,000 reports if I recall correctly, and there are only a finite number of possible errors, so 17,000 is probably overkill.

On the subject of crashes, what will happen in 0.4.5 when someone tries to get on a motorbike as a passenger when there's no driver? Will it:

a) Remain unchanged?

b) Automatically set the person as driver instead?

c) Set them as passenger and not crash?

d) Display a message and not allow them to get on the bike until there's a driver?

i'd say theyd prolly leave it unchanged. not sure thou. u can always press enter just afterwards...if u remember