How about traffic in blue?

Guest mtlife

It's not impossible to do this at all, it would just take some effort, which might be worth it in the end.

you can't have any idea how hard it is to program, if it would take just some effort then they would probably have did it already :P

just look how much effort the MTA team put in this MOD already :)

its bad that rockstar didn't even get to synch GTA - GTA 2 fully as it is a 2D game, isn't that a lot easier to synch than 3D?

2d syncing is the same as 3d syncing, the only difference is that 3d cars can rotate more ways... 2d cars could only turn right or left, zo that would have 4 coordinates, x,y,z,d where d stands for the direction the cars is in. In 3d you would have x,y,z,d,d2,d3 where d2 and d3 stands for the angle the car is, for example, tumbling in...

excuse me if this is a bad explanation butt thats why i'm not a teacher :)

the only hard about it would be the lines of programming to do, and with alot of lines comes alot of bugs to work out. So it will take time, but its not impossible and as soon as i know some c++ or whatever mta is written in. I will surely want to help the mta team.

as soon as i know some c++ or whatever mta is written in. I will surely want to help the mta team.

All i can tell you is the only way you can help them is to:

a) report bugs

b) stay out of their way

c) help n00bs so they dont have to

d) be patient

Dont worry, its not you.. its just that they most likely have the C++ department covered left and right.

• 1 month later...

I understand how difficult it would be becuase if the Server "knew" the map the server would sort of have to be collossal, Am i correct?

and then the client would have to download information for where the pedestrians are and what not.

Very tough situation.

I know that sony's Everquest has accomplished this feat. there are NPC's (non player charachters) and every player in the game that can see it sees it. i suppose it would be more magnified becuase with the pedestrians we are talking about thousands of NPC's. i just dont think it can be done.

hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

and the only probable way to have it be synced is for the server to have everything in a set position at all times and the clients read off of what the server instructs. for instance.

lets say that the server has pedestrians walking / driving / fighting whatever. like a normal SP game. the clients would download that data so the client is running the exact same things. like a copy. that would work in theory but that would be a load of stuff to download. and i believe that pedestrians are not Set to do anything they are random. I am not sure but in theory it works.

but then it goes back to the server side. even if it was random the server would know and then could send the data to the clients.

i think this is the biggest problem the MTA team or an modders face in this ordeal.

Can't you guys give the MTA Team a break they made MTA as it is be greatful and they have already started MTA:Blue they said they can't do peds over beacuse whould take too much bandwitdh to sync them all and plus i whould like MTA:Blue to come out some time this year -_-