How about traffic in blue?

Guest mtlife

Well, I know it wasnt possible in the previous core. But will it be possible to create traffic and synchronise it for 2 players. Or 4, just like old gta1 lan style? Flame me if i havent read the features correct, but it seems like everything is possible, network traffic doesnt really matter since you will play on lan and not over the internet. And the traffic only needs to be visible for 4 players. And if every player can see about 6 cars, then there will be about 4x6=24 cars in the game. Then if every player could see about 4 pedestrians walking on the sidewalks, then there will be about 40 pedestrians/cars ingame. The network should be able to handle that right? But i do not know how the core/gta can hande this without too many bugs or desynchronization problems.

yea peds would be quite fun for the LAN networks out there, i run a LAN network with 3 comps myself, and we play MTA on lan regulary.. however i think that the MTA team cares more about the internet players (which is a good thing ;)) cause they are the majority of people, so the devs of course focus more on making it a stable game for players on the net :)

i doubt that peds will make an apperance on MTA in the near future or ever..

we probably wont do anything like that any time soon, and definitely not w/ BLUE in its initial form...

however something like this is _theoretically_ possible w/ an addon (theoretically because it'd still be very very hard, and very very bandwith heavy)

Kent

we probably wont do anything like that any time soon, and definitely not w/ BLUE in its initial form...

however something like this is _theoretically_ possible w/ an addon (theoretically because it'd still be very very hard, and very very bandwith heavy)

Kent

so some modder with the dedication of making such a mod, could teoriticly make a peds MOD optimized for LAN MTA?

sounds kool enough :)

I thought it would be hard... but it would be so much fun to play gta on lan again (we still play gta 1 here often, since all the pcs here can play it with enough fps :D) gta vice city would be even more fun to play with 2/4 ppl :D but i understand that its hard. And i wont bother spamming this forum ;). We will play online for as long as it lasts, maybe san andreas will support multiplayer again!

i think there should be AI that can fight instead of just peds. i dont see the point to synched pedestrians.

but AI like bodygaurds or gangsters that follow you around in SP, would open up a whole new realm of mods if implemented in BLUE.

think about this.. there can be coop missions in which you and your human team try to take out all of the AI while shoot back and defend themselves, or you can have AI bodygaurds, the possibilities are endless... :P

o, and i dont think that bandwith will be a problem... only 4 AI would be great. it will probably be very tough though, to program the AI to follow you, defend you, or attack you.

have the devs ever given a definative NO to AI? or does the possibility still exist?

Possibilities exist, but the main issues lies with the syncing. As the server is unaware of the map, it can't direct actors around. So, who does? If a client is in charge of an actor, surely that opens it to exploits? What happens if the client in-charge of the actor disconnected, of crashes? See? Theres lots of issues that are hard to fix without adding a lot to the server, which is a hard job, though it may happen one day.

eAi

The original GTA didnt have fully syncd traffic and peds, for either Internet or LAN play.
GTA2 was much better in this area than the original, though it would still be tough getting the sync-work to work right inside the game.

It's not impossible to do this at all, it would just take some effort, which might be worth it in the end.

It's not impossible to do this at all, it would just take some effort, which might be worth it in the end.

you can't have any idea how hard it is to program, if it would take just some effort then they would probably have did it already :P

just look how much effort the MTA team put in this MOD already :)

its bad that rockstar didn't even get to synch GTA - GTA 2 fully as it is a 2D game, isn't that a lot easier to synch than 3D?