Cars (Drive-bys)

Guest S373N

Hey :) ... with this new 'system'.. which looks totally awesome :shock: .. im left wonderin, with all the new added 'features'... if passengers will be able to shoot aswell as the driver... i think it would give a much more realistic feel to the whole 'drive-by' scanario... so will that be a feature or not?...

well if u have a rocket launcher in your arsenal, u should be able to finish off the car in one single shot :) imagine a player stands on the middle of the road, 200 m away a car is driving against him FULL speed! he selects the rocket launcher and sends off a rocket... the car dodges it in the last second. now a scene like that would look awesome!! 8)

drivebys in sp only worked with the small automatic weapons. i dont think this will change, but i guess it's up to the dev team.

i know that there is a slight auto-aim in drivebys, will this carry through on other peoples screens?

well i didn say a passeger used rocket launcher, more like a opponent on foot shooting a rocket after the drive-by car... nvm ;)

I think it's better you can only preform a driveby with light automatic weapens, such as uzi or submachine.

If you want to use heavy weapons, your mate jumps in a bobcat (or other car with some loadspace in the back) and you jump in the loadspace and crouch. I'ts a lot of fun with an m4 crouching in first person mode shooting at your enemy (wich also has a friend in the back of his car) :D

I still think if you could shoot the car and the driver could take damage small amounts of damage along with the cars it would balance out the drive by noobs, but more for the noobs that sit in cars all day in the server

yeah, you're right

It's weird if the car takes damage, ande the driver doesn't,

tommy vercetty allways survives a huge car crash, when is smacks into a wall, but in real, not everybody survives a huge crash

tommy vercetty allways survives a huge car crash, when is smacks into a wall, but in real, not everybody survives a huge crash

lol games wouldn't be fun at all if they were realistic at that stage.. u can compare it with dying from one colt shot or a nade, which really wont be so fun... well thats my opinion :)

hmm im guessing they are trying to get MTA to be as similar to the normal game as it can, but now that we have speedometer, passenger code, configured spawn points and more, maybe they'll include "glue" thingy.. or maybe not :P the original VC has been "modded" for mp, but thats just for basic VERY important stuff, like the speedometer thats off by default and a very handy addon, and the passenger code, MTA wouldn't be MTA without it ;) (well it was without it at a time tho)

lol games wouldn't be fun at all if they were realistic at that stage.. u can compare it with dying from one colt shot or a nade, which really wont be so fun... well thats my opinion :)

actually it would be fun :)

hence why i love to play delta force 1 :P

i think drive bys would b ace it would b much easyer to catch all the god dam runners who just drive away all the time when u try to kill them.

Be alot easy to get a car off the road with drive bys then ramming them for 30mins lol

Or u could pop there tyres so they crash and flip its the same with the bikes u can never ram sum1 with a bike so shooting from a bike would b ace.