[RELEASE] xrParticlesEditor - Beta

Sam@ke

This is quite impressive, is there any noticeable impact on the client's performance?

Would depend on your computer specifications.

I'm asking in the sense of, if these particle effects drain the performance as much as the standard San Andreas ones do, regardless of hardware.

Taking into account the fact that San Andreas is a pretty awful port by itself and being familiar with multiple reports from friends getting their frames tank when doing burnouts or flying at cloud level, whilst running the game on latest graphic cards and Intel i5/i7 CPU's.

Hi there,

yes i know the issue with performance drain of original GTA:SA particles. I can tell you that xrParticles drain performance too, but not in same order as GTA particles.

FPS drops of xrParticles is in relation to particle draw count at the same time on your screen. After 1024 particles the fps drops is about 5 - 10 fps. A normal smoke effect contains normally between 32 and 128 particles, so there s enough frame to create effects on the same place. Also there is included a streaming mechanism to stream out effects which out of a customizable distance then.

Hi there,

yes i know the issue with performance drain of original GTA:SA particles. I can tell you that xrParticles drain performance too, but not in same order as GTA particles.

FPS drops of xrParticles is in relation to particle draw count at the same time on your screen. After 1024 particles the fps drops is about 5 - 10 fps. A normal smoke effect contains normally between 32 and 128 particles, so there s enough frame to create effects on the same place. Also there is included a streaming mechanism to stream out effects which out of a customizable distance then.

Sounds pretty good, I'll give it a try, thanks :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...