MTA 0.4.x Progress (GTA3) (11/09/2004 @ 16:28 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

We know everyone is very excited about the upcoming Blue core, but rest assured some of us are also working on the next islands for 0.4.x GTA3. Last night a very small preliminary test of some of the new features took place and it is shaping up nicely.

(Screenshots)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w00t, character select :) I can't wait for this new version ;) Also. in the next 0.4.x, is VC gonna be tweaked to be less crashy a bit more?

think 0.4.1 was te last VC relese......

least, thats what i heard.

Who's your source for this info? Unless, it's when the bot usage thing came up, and when people said they'd stop working on 0.4.x..... You may be right opium, they may not edit VC anymore during 0.4.x, because of the hacks people make for it.

Wow. I was only expecting a straight conversion of 0.4.1 with one extra island and a few bug fixes.

I think a class-based system like VC is much better for GTA3, so I'm glad to see this, especially as I will still play GTA3:MTA when Blue is released for VC.

Lastly, how come in the third screenshot there is no health displayed?

Don't you see him starting the dying animation? He just died, and when you die, your health flashes :P Damn man, think! THIIIIIINK!!!!!!!!!!!

whenever armor/hp is effected at all it flashes, then stays flashing at 10 or less.

anyhow, back on topic: very nice to see car select, although please say the money system is still active, that was alway fun.

i was hoping for island 2 as well, but the hilly island 3 has plenty of fun spots for battling. i absolutly hate that invisable ceiling though, cant fly a dodo over the suburbs. (sa is said to have no height limit!)

anyhow, back on topic: very nice to see car select, although please say the money system is still active, that was alway fun.

i was hoping for island 2 as well, but the hilly island 3 has plenty of fun spots for battling. i absolutly hate that invisable ceiling though, cant fly a dodo over the suburbs. (sa is said to have no height limit!)

I think that the money system is active, as money is shown in the screenshots. Notice that the Cop class only has one weapon, so there would be an incentive to buy more.

You never know - island 2 may also be included along with island 3 in the next release.

So what makes Shoreside Vale different so that you can have different skins?

Nothing.

I suppose there was a thread about it that was misleading, but since it wasn't sure we could get skins working properly, we didn't want to rectify that.