Broadband only?

will there be an option in the admin panel to make the server only let in people with broadband? no offence, i fcuking hate dialup people cos they lag like shit and its hard to kill them.

maybe it could do a quick bandwidth test on players trying to enter and it would only let in those with a downstream rate of 256kbps or higher?

You can already set a ping-kick with MTAmA, yes. That quick bandwidth test you speak of could be a bit stressful for the servers, it doesn't seem a good idea.

Anyway, dialup users are aware of their so-called "advantage" and (at least those who aren't noobs) try to use servers with the lowest ping possible.

• 2 weeks later...

for u all 56 k'ers, I recommend to play mta on LAN at times, if u can :P u just dont get the full enjoyment out of MTA with 56 kbit, but u cant do anyting about it.. well u could of course get a better internet thats always something.. it even recommened BB in the manual, ahh its easy for me to say "get a better internet!" but i know it aint that simple :)

for u all 56 k'ers, I recommend to play mta on LAN at times, if u can :P u just dont get the full enjoyment out of MTA with 56 kbit, but u cant do anyting about it.. well u could of course get a better internet thats always something.. it even recommened BB in the manual, ahh its easy for me to say "get a better internet!" but i know it aint that simple :)

you do realise that bb isn't available (yay i wrote it right) everywhere, right?

Well, Intel's invented a technology called WiMAX, which gives hotspot broadband access to people with laptops or those who live in rural areas which don't have cabled broadband. But it's not going to be featured in any products until at least 2005.

then there is the cost :roll:

It's cheap to produce the chips, and because it's wireless, there are fewer sunk costs (i.e. the costs of laying and maintaining the cables), encouraging more businesses to branch out into that area, which means lower prices for consumers.

• 2 weeks later...
We have a LAN with 2 computers, but my father allways says: no games on his computer computer.

so I have to play online (we don't have broadband), bet my father allways says: do not use the internet to long.

:x Damned. "but I wanna play MTA!"

I am so sad... :(

If you install windows you can do file and printer sharing which allows you to access and run files from other computers. You can make virtual drives from other computers like this:

net use Y: "\\phantom\D$\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City"

into the start run box then you just goto Y: and run the game directly off the network. That way nothing is installed on your fathers computer. When you are done playing delete the GTA User Data folder from "My Documents" and you should be cool.

• 1 month later...

How can you guys still be even using a 56k connection? It's so out of date and cable hardly costs more. Lucky for me, I got Optimum Online. 50 bucks a month and it's like the 4th fastest cable connection in the world. It's faster then a T1 connection. But seriously guys; if you still have a 56K modem, buy cable. It's worth it in every way possible.

How can you guys still be even using a 56k connection? It's so out of date and cable hardly costs more. Lucky for me, I got Optimum Online. 50 bucks a month and it's like the 4th fastest cable connection in the world. It's faster then a T1 connection. But seriously guys; if you still have a 56K modem, buy cable. It's worth it in every way possible.

Or you could get narrow band :wink: