dxCreateFont relative size

Saml1er

Hello!

How do calculate relative size for dxCreateFont?

local font = dxCreateFont("bankgothic",20) 

dxDrawText("starting next map:", sx*(291/1024),  sy*(598/768),sx*( 594/1024),  sy*(620/768), tocolor(175, 58, 196, 255),sx*(1/1024),font, "left", "top", false, false, true, false, false) 

dxGetTextWidth 

How am I suppose to use it?

local font = dxCreateFont("bankgothic",20) 
local txt = "starting next map:" 
dxDrawText(txt, sx*(291/1024),  sy*(598/768),sx*( 594/1024),  sy*(620/768), tocolor(175, 58, 196, 255),dxGetTextWidth(txt,sx*(1/1024), font),font, "left", "top", false, false, true, false, false) 

EDIT: I just don't understand how to calculate relative size for dxCreateFont. Maybe this? https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/DxGetFontHeight

• Moderators

Well that depends on your intentions.

The function dxGetTextWidth will might be handy to make something fit inside a rectangle.

But the relative size DxGetFontHeight might do it, but because it is a custom font I am not sure if the result will be correct.

The best thing you can do is draw the text and make a screenshot of it. Use photoshop to check how much pixels high it is and in the end you can calculate the relative size. So yes the font height is the solution, but I will recommend you to try both ways.

local x,y = guiGetScreenSize() 
local scale = 2 
local maxW = x*0.103 
function callBackMe3() 
local text = "WAITING FOR PLAYERS.." 
local w = dxGetTextWidth(text, scale, "arial") 
local scale = scale 
if w > maxW then 
    else 
    killTimer(callMe3) 
    fontCreation() 
    outputChatBox(scale) 
end 
end 

callMe3 = setTimer(function() 
scale = scale - 0.01 
callBackMe3() 
end, 50, 0) 

Takes some time to actually load if the resolution is small, and it isnt guaranteed to work in extrememly large resolutions. Other than that, flawless.

If you're bored, make it onClientRender re-sizing. will be much faster. But anyways..