HASH

mommytellme

no, no hashes do not match

I don't understand. This function is the only thing that you can use, excluding custom scripts.

I compared stored in the database password is not encrypted password encrypt all possible hashami, and none of them was the same as in the database.

Maybe you are not using the same hashing technique / you are using a different salt?

._. And if you can convert hash to a clean md5?

Well, if you are going to use different salt / hashing technique now than what you did before, no, you have to ask all users to change their password somehow. Just saying, if you have access to the source code you used to make the passwords, you should be able to use the same mechanism in your new script - otherwise it's no use to change the system.

Not at all, just a guess from an old memory, all I remember is that it was a hard to crack algorithm, plus salt on top of that. There aren't lot's of hash algorithms available anyway so you could also count the bits and try the algorithms with the same length. That's a great thing about hash algorithms, the result length is always the same.

• MTA Team

Well, the MTA source code also shows you the same piece of code, but in C++.

// SHA256 + salt + type 
m_strSha256 = strPassword.SubStr( 0, 64 ); 
m_strType = strPassword.SubStr( 64, 1 ); 
m_strSalt = strPassword.SubStr( 65, 32 ); 

//-- SHA256 + type + salt 
$strSha256 = substr( $hash, 0, 64 ); 
$strType = substr( $hash, 64, 1 ); 
$strSalt = substr( $hash, 65, 32 );