Quote from FAQ:

You'll visit a site and download a mod in a zip file or an installer. Installing this mod will add a few files to your vice city folder - no overwriting. Next, you'll launch blue, you'll choose the mod you just installed from a list, and have a look at the servers avaliable for the mod.

This would imply that MTA only displays servers for the mod that you choose, hence there would be no need to download it as you'd already have it. I expect they'll have links on the site to popular mods.

i think there should be a max of 30

But hey thats me

The reason is with a server of max 12-16 it aint so full so u gotta drive all the way to the other island to fight some1 and die

With 30 its like some1 is near and u fight him, u either die or win and theres always some1 near u when u survived or respawned

And with 50 its gonna be way to full

Ull have fights with 15 people, and im not talking bout 15 vs 1 but 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 etc etc...

so i guess this means that you can only have one mod installed at a time.

will you be able to play the regular game modes that came with blue while having a mod installed?

Another quote from the FAQ:

You'll visit a site and download a mod in a zip file or an installer. Installing this mod will add a few files to your vice city folder - no overwriting. Next, you'll launch blue, you'll choose the mod you just installed from a list, and have a look at the servers avaliable for the mod. You'll choose a server with a juicy ping and connect to it. Thats it. The server will check that you have the correct files.

You can have as many as you like.

so i guess this means that you can only have one mod installed at a time.

will you be able to play the regular game modes that came with blue while having a mod installed?

Another quote from the FAQ:

You'll visit a site and download a mod in a zip file or an installer. Installing this mod will add a few files to your vice city folder - no overwriting. Next, you'll launch blue, you'll choose the mod you just installed from a list, and have a look at the servers avaliable for the mod. You'll choose a server with a juicy ping and connect to it. Thats it. The server will check that you have the correct files.

You can have as many as you like.

That's what it sounds like. Or someone could make a mod pack for MTA, and make it so tons of mods are in that one pack you select. Make it easier than selecting many different mods to put on one server, and then have them download each one seperately.

as it stands now, only 1 addon can be loaded at a time.....

we're discussing multiple addons but that brings up new issues..

of course addon developers will be able to share resources, and design their sections of code to be somewhat portable, so other addon devs can snap in features from other people... of course that would require a new release each time a feature is added...

I see the point about wanting multiple addons, but we haven't come to an agreement on it.

Kent

as it stands now, only 1 addon can be loaded at a time.....

i MEAN, can you load multiple mods in to that resource?

like the resource takes control of the SCM, handling,

weapon.dat, memory adress changes.....all that....

could i load or "program" multiple mods into one resource?

because if i could have only 1 resource,

and i can load multiple mods into that resource,

there isnt much need for a second.

One mod can do an entire game mode. What people mean by having two mods is that you might want one mod that does stats, or admin control, which can run along side the game-mode. This isn't currently possible, but we'll look into it.

eAi