Direct X changes

do you mean that we can remove pausing via add-ons, or that you guys have removed it from BLUE yourselves? if pressing ESC will bring up the menu, and NOT pause you, that would be great :P.

I meant for the team or modders that will be making addons for the new version, that they remove pausing completly.

About the overlay display, good idea, what i had in mind is take the current menu ( start game , options, exit you know)

Make the background of it semi-transparent so you could still see the options

(for whatever reason since changing resolutions in mta doesnt work or will crash you, and mostly if you do go to the menu screen you will crash afterwards)

But still be to see the game so players that just wanted to check something can quickly remove the menu and go back to killing if someone was coming close to them .

And yes pressing esc to go to the menu will not make you invincible.Thats the whole idea.

I did notice that one jon, but we dont know if that one is what pops up when you press esc , if it is then thats good if its not then the normal main menu should be disabled when playing mta.

About disabling the windows key and alt tab , that shoudnt really have to be done the only thing that would have to be done that if you press the windows key or alt tab out , you will not become invisible, you will just be vulnerable as ussualand the game will just continue without you.

That is how it is on SOF2, a game i play everyday and its the same on lots of other game so it shoudnt be any difference here.

I have trust in the devs, they'll come up with something ^-^

How about server side pause detection that will trigger "well he's gonna die now"... why not? simple, don't pause and you wont die, pause or alt+tab you die and go back to character selection... or is that just too simple? :)

alt tabbing should definately be allowed. perhaps the same thing should happen to the player when he is minimzed as when he is in a menu, but instead of the game rendering everything on the screen for him, it should not render anything, and the player should just appear as standing still to everyone in the server, just as he would if he brought up a menu.

so basically what i am saying is that he should be standing in one place, while he is killable, when he is in the menu or when he is minimzed. just if he is minimzed, the game doesnt render anything, like it would when it is open and he is in the menu.

i think taking out alt+tab is a bit over the top yet i can see the point, i think its good how u can be killed even if u pause tho. stop the lamas

Alt-tab is one way of actually getting out of a crash, so I think it'd be best if they kept it in.

not only that but, GTA is not a very intense game. you can go to some remote area of the map (which is anywhere where there are no fights), and stand there for as long as you want without being attacked. this is not Unreal Tournament ya know :wink:.

alt-tabbing should be the same as pausing, just let the player stand there w/o being invincible just like in any other online game

Yes, but other online games are server-side, not client-side. MTA relies on the client sending a message to the server saying that the player has died, whereas in other games the server sends the message to the client.