Post your MTA mod ideas here!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know a thing about modding but I still have some ideas for them.

BORDER CROSSING:

The Environment:

There are two little islands - the starting island where players spawn and the destination island. There is a quite long but narrow water route from the starting island to the destination island and it's bounded with poles that are floating in the water. You can't cross the line that the poles form so you have to stay on the route. There are also big rocks, floating trash etc. on the route so you can't just drive straight to reach the destination island.

The Teams:

There are two teams - the border crossers and the police. The border crossers have a simple goal: they jump on boats, drive as quickly as they can to the destination island, hop off and cross a line (which is very near the shore). When they cross the escape line they have succesfully crossed the border. The police naturally try to stop this by jumping on boats and shooting the shit out of the illegal border crossers.

The Chase:

When the game starts the border crossers get little lead to jump on their fast boats (about 220 km/h) and start driving towards their destination. They're armed only with a pistol (or nothing, you decide).

Then the police players spawn and run to their police boats. There could be three different police boats: one really large ship that could carry about 10 officers on its deck (speed about 200 km/h), many police boats that have a mounted turret (unlimited ammo but have to be reloaded after 200 shots) so that players can occupy them in pairs (speed about 210 km/h) and many little fast boats that can only be driven by one player and they do not include any guns (speed about 240 km/h). Every cop has a M60 so that they can shoot the crossers on the top of the large police ship I mentioned earlier. There could also be a couple of mounted turrets on the big ship.

The Consequences:

After the chase (every living crossers has crossed the escape line or everyone of them is dead) the teams will change a bit. The crossers that got killed will spawn as cops and the ones that survived will continue as crossers. I have also an idea in which the number of lost crossers would be removed from the lead the surviving crossers get. The game would start over when none of the crossers reaches the escape line. There should also be a time limit so that no one can just dodge the bullets of the police boats and sail around for an hour.

Alternative option:

After the chase (no matter how did it end) the crossers will turn to cops and the cops into crossers. This isn't a good choice because I think that there should be more cops than crossers. :roll:

The Problems:

There are a few dilemmas that would have to be solved so that the gameplay is smooth:

1. How fast can the police boats drive so that they are in the shooting range but can't go past them (the little fast boats are an exception)? Especially the big ship is a problem because it shouldn't drive too fast but the cops on board should have a change to fire at the crossers.

2. Who drives the big ship? There can be two problems - everybody wants to drive it or nobody wants to touch it. I think that you couldn't jack any vehicles after somebody has jacked them because otherwise everybody would be jacking everybody and the chase wouldn't work. You could still jack the boat if the first jacker leaves the vehicle.

So what do you think about the idea? :toothy10:

[edit]Hmm. Was my suggestion more like a game mode or why is it so quiet?[/edit]

Edited by Guest

Adrenaline Pill Pickups: Except instead of slowing down the game world, they speed up the player, while giving him his crazy super-punch. The result: Everyone trying to gun down the speedy nutter whos' punchign everyone away.

Super Blood: Hit someone with a car? You deserve a little reward, and what better than a bloody mist? Sorta like that particle thing on the Blue page.

Pizza: One person (The Pizza Boy) has a rather large gun, and is trapped inside the Pizza place. Everyone else has to try and kill him somehow. Whoever kills him gets five points and becomes the new Pizza Boy.

• 1 month later...

ah... but you didnt listen....

gta3 on the vice city game engine...

so its really vice city... but the gta3 map, vehicles, peds, weapons...

graphics are the same as vc cause they are really running off vc

actually they mentioned GTA: Liberty City as one of the modding possiblities for Blue on the MTA:Blue page. But I think permisson must be given from the creators of the LC mod to use it. Also all the modifications must be made especially for Blue, so it would take some work to get it working as a add-on I think.

actually they mentioned GTA: Liberty City as one of the modding possiblities for Blue on the MTA:Blue page. But I think permisson must be given from the creators of the LC mod to use it. Also all the modifications must be made especially for Blue, so it would take some work to get it working as a add-on I think.

nope, read the GTAF, they said, not quoting, it was a while ago...

if somone chooses to make our mod MP, thats up to them, but, they will not.

or something to that effect....alls i know, is, it will be ok if you did, without thier permission..

but it would be nice to ask assuming you need permission anyway :)

changing one file can turn GTA:LC into multiplayer.

with around an hour's worth of work, any scm coder can do it..

but i'm starting to get worried about all of these people's ideas. EVERYONE may try to make their own gta:lc multiplayer.. there will be 50 versions and no one will know wich one to pick.

same thing goes for other ideas. will the future of blue be nothing but a thousand servers with 1 person in them, just waiting for someone to come in and play their mod?

:?

I think it would need some serious filtering / aprovement then. You need to let the MTA team aprove your mod or post it before you can put it online or something. And one person would be assigned to making an GTALC multiplayer mod for MTA.

bad idea imo, it would limit things too much

Well there is a proper solution to this. I know its been sudgested over and over and over and talked about in countless threads, but when you enter a server with a mod you DONT have > have it download the mod.

How does it download the mod? I bet you could write some kind of script system. Like.. in the server directory, have a file called "mod.script" And in this mod.script file will be things like:

$blah = download_file 'http://www.blah.com/handling.cfg'

replace gta.handling, $blah

^ that would load the handling.cfg from the website

I know thats not any programming language, but i know you could create a program / function that can easily read it and respond to its contents written inside.

well , if it was down , you would get a bandwith exeeded messgae or something :lol: . Maybe the people who host the server can put up a little Apache HTTP server too with a 20KB speed limit or something so it doesnt slows the MTA server. Anyways , Whats wrong with Tripod? TripodNL has unlimited bandwith. For small handling.cfg / main.scm mods , I can host. Just PM me :D

But the problem is: where does it download the mod from? And what if the "http://www.blah.com" site goes down (I suspect that a lot of people will try to host mods on Tripod)?

txtHandling.text = Inet1.OpenURL("http://www.blah.com/handling.cfg")

If replace(txthandling, " ", "") = "" then

Msgbox "Error: One of the files required to play this modification could not be downloaded.", vbCritical, "MTA Blue")

Exit sub

End if

edit: if they are dumb enough to rely on tripod then they shouldnt serve

Turf Warz: It is sorta like king of the hill mixed with rival gangs...you choose the gang you want to be on and defend your turf from other gangs.

AI: the hell...get some pedestrians in here, and maybe have a co-op mode where you can get multiple people who complete missions with you.

No Sliding: just a basic code changing issue but i would love to be able to sit in the back of a Bobcat while my buddy drives and I can just shoot the hell out of everything i pass by!!! i do it all the time in single player but the AI drives can't avoid traffic worth shite.

Turf Warz: It is sorta like king of the hill mixed with rival gangs...you choose the gang you want to be on and defend your turf from other gangs.

AI: the hell...get some pedestrians in here, and maybe have a co-op mode where you can get multiple people who complete missions with you.

No Sliding: just a basic code changing issue but i would love to be able to sit in the back of a Bobcat while my buddy drives and I can just shoot the hell out of everything i pass by!!! i do it all the time in single player but the AI drives can't avoid traffic worth shite.

Turfwars are already scripted for MTA:GTA III.

The slide thing is being discussed regulary for MTA:Blue, we call it "glue" code though, I agree that this would be a wicked feature for the Blue release :)

I have some map mods ideas.

Highway: Sometime ago, a dude named Deathsquad mad a highway. He didn't finish it, but he did release the pieces. If the idea is appected, I could finish the highway. This highway will circle Vice City and go between the north island.

BattleBowl; This is idea comes from play Destuction Derby 2. There a death matchmode where you can choose different domes. I have in mind the I could make a battledome (with some hazards) with the normal vc models, or someone could make a giant bowl with a cliff for pits.

Whaddya think?

BattleBowl; This is idea comes from play Destuction Derby 2. There a death matchmode where you can choose different domes. I have in mind the I could make a battledome (with some hazards) with the normal vc models, or someone could make a giant bowl with a cliff for pits.

Whaddya think?

i was also thinking about a dd map with some kind of pit where you can push your enemies into the water and they explode, we did that sometime on the mafia hill in gta3 and it was great fun, especially for the person sitting in the firetruck ;P

but it would be good to make such a mod with a team so you can have new cars all with their own good and bad attributes

:idea:

I don't know if this idea is lame or not, but i think it would be fun to have a game mode that would be similar to the bomb defusal mode in CS, of course with the terrorist and the CT could be the SWAT team, of course this mode would make us of th characteristics of the GTA engine, like the big city and the cars. Every round should have at least 2 bomb sites, but those would change from round to round, maybe it would be very fun because its a good idea that has been used, only that this time it should have a different perspective with the vehicles, and maybe some tweaks like instead of using the C4 the Ts should us a slow truck charged with tons of explosives. :twisted:

And maybe it should be possible to have something like the hostage rescue mode, adding like 3 or 4 peds to the game. 8)