Post your MTA mod ideas here!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be nice having auto slo-mo enabled when a lot of people are all together somewhere and theres a shootout... btw i'm curious, would it be possible to code an Administrator view, like a flyin camera, that showed up in ppls screen like an orb or something? would b funny... "I absolutely control u..." heh :lol:

..::OpiuM::.. You don't need to write to GTA's memory, blue does that for you.

If people think that dodging bullets would be possible in slow motion, they're wrong. Most bullets, except projectiles hit instantly (i.e. the point they're going to hit is decided when the bullet it fired).

eAi

this sounds dodgey if a mod that made you fly does that mean you all get it or when ur fightin sum1 they fly away?

The server makes sure that all files are alike in all the MTA clients, so that the mods will be the same on all comps.

edit: so that wud involve u goin after them in air :P

before we're talking about 'extended games' like CTF, weapons, vehicles etc...r..

- i think its very important that some basic ESSENTIAL things would be available (as mods ?)....in my opinion character selection/skins...so FINALLY, FINALLY people should be able to create their own characters.

- configurable SPAWNS. There should be a way to set spawn points for certain classes. (Proably on server side...eg. if you log in as robber you will always spawn at XXX and not at YYY because YYY sucks...etc. )

All other mods..well let your imagination play...the possibilites are endless...i dont even know where to start... :)

No, you'd ask BLUE to do it.

eAi

wow, nice.

sounds like you would input a value into blue,

and t send the edited info (addy) to everyone's client,

would i be able to further change the adresses once the

server has started?

for instance, somone hates gravity @ 0.004 so i set it to 0.002

without taking down the server.

that possible?

the process is a bit different you'd probably have something hardcoded into the intialize for the client, or a more secure / dynamic route, you could have it in a config file for your server addon, when new clients connect you can write a custom packet to send the data that you want. (i.e. the gravity value)

Kent

before we're talking about 'extended games' like CTF, weapons, vehicles etc...r..

- i think its very important that some basic ESSENTIAL things would be available (as mods ?)....in my opinion character selection/skins...so FINALLY, FINALLY people should be able to create their own characters.

- configurable SPAWNS. There should be a way to set spawn points for certain classes. (Proably on server side...eg. if you log in as robber you will always spawn at XXX and not at YYY because YYY sucks...etc. )

All other mods..well let your imagination play...the possibilites are endless...i dont even know where to start... :)

dont worry, they wont let us make a whole new game out of gta but dont let us change the spawn locs

i didnt even think of simple modes like ctf cause i think it will be availabe after 5 days when blue comes out :) (or right from the start)

i like the boat and plane wars ideas , but I got another one:

+Helicopter wars+

Everybody is everybody's enemy , no teams , just like in Phom Phen '87 . You got an M60 , and someone is pilot , the other

one is gunman , and you need to kill all other helicopters , most kills=win :D

Mr.Xanni

i second that helictoper idea, where one person flies and one person shoots, it should make for some awesome game modes :P

another thing that would help with the "team" game modes is a friendly fire option. by that i obviously mean, if you shoot someone on your team, they do not get hurt. you can only take damage from the opposing team. this would make team killing impossible and make for some fun team-based gameplay, and you dont have to worry about team-killers.

Water Caprute the Flag

----------------------------

2 islands 2 teams 2 flags boats and water. take a boat and capture the enemies flag on the other island and bring it back to ur base.

Big Kahuna

-----------------------------

one person who is really strong and gets and weapons he wants and every one else can pick a m16 pistol and a stuby shot gun and u need to kill the guy who is really strong.

No Name

-----------------------------

one team at army base and another team at airport the team at airport needs to infaltreate the army base and kill every one there. also u should ad the smoke bomb mod so the army base ppl can throw the smoke bombs and the other ppl can't see

Hiding Devel

------------------------------

There is a maze like map and one person is "it" he starts at the beginging of the maze. other ppl start in a hiding place. there might be 32 random spawn places so 1/2 of them or less will be empty. "it" will have granades, Smoke bombs , M60 , and molotove and pistol and 2x the health. the oTHEr ppl will have SMG's. so "it" needs to get to the end of the maze with out dieing ( if it is to hard then make it they try 2x - 4x).

Sniper Land

-------------------------------

JUst a hole bunch of sniper posts and ppl and u must kill the other ppl and u only have a sniper.

Sniper Land Teams

-------------------------------

JUst a hole bunch of sniper posts and ppl and u must kill the other ppl and u only have a sniper. But other ppl will be in ur post wich will be ur team so ur team needs to snipe other teams.

Bridge War

---------------------------------

On one of the bridges there is a hole bunch of humers on each side of the bridge. ppl and guns so ppl need to rush to the middle and kill eachother.

Well those are my modes :roll::D

That would need serious balancing. The guy with the most kills will get even more kills with the minigun and 2000 health, so it would have to be balanced whereby killing "it" gives you 5 frags and killing anyone else just gives you one. Or something like that.