by this u of course mean pedestrians, which has been discussed over and over again. It would require a VERY FAST internet connection, cause all the civilians need to be synched on all computers, and that wud of course use a HUGE amout of bandwith, i'm not sure if the MTA team has come to a breakthrough on this area, but i doubt it will be possible. However i've seen bots in function sometimes in MTA, and it can work. By giving the option to command the bot around and such. But that wud probably be limited to a certain number of bots.

by this u of course mean pedestrians, which has been discussed over and over again. It would require a VERY FAST internet connection, cause all the civilians need to be synched on all computers, and that wud of course use a HUGE amout of bandwith, i'm not sure if the MTA team has come to a breakthrough on this area, but i doubt it will be possible. However i've seen bots in function sometimes in MTA, and it can work. By giving the option to command the bot around and such. But that wud probably be limited to a certain number of bots.

It's called a "LAN" newb. Go and get some friends.

*cough*Jack's A Troll*Cough*

How about you stop it with the critisicm?

He was replying with VALID information and what did you do? You decided you had to say something so you decided to put him down for NO APPARENT REASON were you born arrogant or has that just happened over time?

maybe they should allow cops or civilians to make the game a little more fun .... i dont mean just civilians walkin around i mean they fight back..... or maybe a couple bots that act as their own clan... that would be the best.... sry if i took this idea from sumone thought of it mid-typing

:lol:

i second this - i think it would be a great idea to have a certain limited number of bots, NOT pedestrians, that do not randomly generate but look exactly like real players on the server would (ie they are synched as human players are, so everyone sees them the same way).

there are many possibilites for game modes with this - you can have something as simple as "players vs bots," which would be a team deatchmatch where you and your friends try to take out the bots while they fight back, or you can have some complex game modes in which you may be able to control them by telling them to follow you, stop, or even hold down a position. or you can have something a little less complicated like acting as your bodygaurds (they follow you, get into your cars, and shoot enemy players), etc, etc. you get the picture 8).

now, i am not quite sure if the AI in this game can be coded to actually take orders from you, but im sure it is possible for them to: shoot at players while not shooting at eachother, shoot at other enemy AI, follow players (that includes getting into their cars) while shooting enemy AI and/or enemy players (acting as bodygaurds).

in other words, i think that anything that is possible in regular Vice City missions, should be possible online with the AI, that is IF it is implemented (please tell me it will be :().

EDIT: oh, and about the bandwith issues regarding too many AI being synched, well.... dont use too many AI. there can still be some awesome things you can do with 4 or 5 bots.

*cough*Jack's A Troll*Cough*

How about you stop it with the critisicm?

He was replying with VALID information and what did you do? You decided you had to say something so you decided to put him down for NO APPARENT REASON were you born arrogant or has that just happened over time?

yes it is these type of people that are rtuining the community they come here think they are the best (being arrogant and quite frankly dont give a sh*t about anyone else) but at the end of the day he is just a n00b i have been here since gta3 mta 0.3 and im still here today so jack stop being horrible to people with VALID ideas and dont act as if you have heard these questions over and over again coz your not so great yourself and i have seen silly questions been asked by yourself so if you dont have anything valid to say dont say it at all!

yes it is these type of people that are rtuining the community they come here think they are the best (being arrogant and quite frankly dont give a sh*t about anyone else) but at the end of the day he is just a n00b i have been here since gta3 mta 0.3 and im still here today so jack stop being horrible to people with VALID ideas and dont act as if you have heard these questions over and over again coz your not so great yourself and i have seen silly questions been asked by yourself so if you dont have anything valid to say dont say it at all!

Jesus Christ! Not a single paragraph, heck it's just one big sentence. When was the last time you learn grammar? 3rd grade?

Jesus Christ! Not a single paragraph, heck it's just one big sentence. When was the last time you learn grammar? 3rd grade?

How'd I see it stated before? Oh yes!

Laugh, owned, ignored. :lol:

Now, to keep this from being purely a spam/flaming post...

It's not a bad idea, but who wants to play a online game with a couple of bots? If they were implemented into something specific, I.E. as in a CTF format they were made to stand guard at a base, though I still think that'd be kinda wasteful.

Maybe if there were a way to auto-balance the amount of bots, much like in Postal 2:STP, where you set a max number of players, say 10, for a DM server, then set a max of 5 bots which'd start playing as someone signed in the server. If the server hit 6 people, one bot would leave either after it was killed by a player or another bot, or the first-spawned bot could auto-/kill and quit game.

Might help fill up some of the empty servers around.

Edited by Guest

I hear ya. A possible explanation could be that English is not the primary language for most of the people on this board, or they flunked English. The latter is more plausible.

Yes I am English and why the sudden rush for grammer i try to shorten my words online and try not to take too much notice of my grammer. But if this is better for you guys, then i will remember to use my grammer after you posting :wink:

Anyway get back to topic this is not a flame thread!

maybe they should allow cops or civilians to make the game a little more fun .... i dont mean just civilians walkin around i mean they fight back..... or maybe a couple bots that act as their own clan... that would be the best.... sry if i took this idea from sumone thought of it mid-typing

:lol:

wont happen, next time use search