[Sell] Youtube Player

Saml1er

Hello!

I was working on a script which allows you to listen to mp3 audio from youtube using a free api and I finished it today. I don't think there is much to explain. You can see everything clearly in the screen shot.

QF3wX05.png

You just need to write a video name and click search and wait for 1-2 seconds for query and then the dx gridlist will be filled with youtube titles and choose a song and click play and you're done.

NOTE: Since this script is using a free api, so the limit is 10 min. You can listen to songs which are less than 10 min. I'm selling this for 15 euros ( First 3 guys will get it for 13 euros ) . If you really want to buy this then contact me at

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...

Not to be that kind of guy, but I'm gonna be that kind of guy. Did you read the Terms of Service for using this API? Here;

2. Commercial Use.

You agree not to use the YouTube API for any of the following commercial uses unless You obtain YouTube's prior written approval:

• the sale of the YouTube API, API Data, YouTube audiovisual content or related services, or access to any of the foregoing;
  • the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the YouTube audiovisual content or player; or
  • the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of the API Client containing YouTube audiovisual content, unless other content not obtained from YouTube appears on the same page and is of sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.

The following commercial uses are permitted provided that You comply with all other terms and conditions of this Agreement:

• the sale of an API Client;
  • uploading an original video to YouTube, or maintaining an original channel on YouTube, to promote Your own business or artistic enterprise;
  • using the YouTube API to show YouTube content on an ad-enabled API Client (such as an ad-enabled blog or website), subject to the advertising restrictions set forth above in Section 2;
  • the placement of Your own branding on the API Client, provided that it does not interfere with YouTube audiovisual content playback or with any YouTube branding; or
  • the sale or distribution of any device that contains or runs an API Client; or

Other than that, I don't doubt a second that your resource is a well-made one, I'm sure it is. But quite frankly I think it's disrespectful to just outright assume that you have the right to make money using someone else's work(the API).

Yes, they share this API with us for free - but that doesn't mean you're entitled to using it for commercial work. There's a reason licensing is a thing in this world.

Undoubtedly, people will dislike me for this post. Then so be it :roll:

I thought the same as you, but then I read this part:

The following commercial uses are permitted provided that You comply with all other terms and conditions of this Agreement:

the sale of an API Client;

uploading an original video to YouTube, or maintaining an original channel on YouTube, to promote Your own business or artistic enterprise;

using the YouTube API to show YouTube content on an ad-enabled API Client (such as an ad-enabled blog or website), subject to the advertising restrictions set forth above in Section 2;

the placement of Your own branding on the API Client, provided that it does not interfere with YouTube audiovisual content playback or with any YouTube branding; or

the sale or distribution of any device that contains or runs an API Client; or

Doesn't that mean he can sell something using the YouTube API? because he's not selling the API itself, but a script which makes use of it.

I guess there might be a very fine line, depends on if they require ads to be played via the API. Because it does say; "using the YouTube API to show YouTube content on an ad-enabled API Client".

It all depends on how they want you to interpret it, I guess.

I meant no offense to the OP, I just want to raise the awareness of these rules when using free APIs.