suggestion : CITIZEN :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly unlikely due to the sheer amount of bandwidth it would take up. In my opinion, it would take much of the fun out of standard deathmatch and stunt though (but would be useful for other modes, such as co-op).

i wud really like peds to be honest. it wud make lan so much more fun, and a lan cud handle the bandwidth. i wudnt really like it online. and btw i dont think we'll be seing co-op(unless sum dude outside of the mta team makes it) for a very long time.

You could always take the easy option and have non-synced peds.. Or, an option for peds in LAN.

Peds would make it a lot more interesting, IMO. It's a bit dodgy having such huge maps which are 98% empty. I'm not sure how peds in cars would work if it was not synced though...

-Skitzo (I'm back! :P)

yeh i see that point also Jon i do not see the point in AI bots in a multiplayer game to me the idea is pathetic (but that is my own oppinion), i play multip[layer games to play people that have not been scripted. People that are real and have there own skills and tactics , also look on the other side of the argument having peds would just not be "bandwidth" friendly therefore meaning that lots of peds plus normal players there would create lag as you would be loading up peds thatr are on the other side of the city, for it to be fully synchronised properly therefore noty a good idea! plus you would need BRILLIANT connection servers to host these peds therefore meaning that there would have to be more official servers that would cost money and so on so really peds are out of the question!

I can see why people would want it over a LAN with only 2 or 3 players. I hate playing Quake 2 with just one other person, however GTA is different because it has a radar and you don't spend ages trying to find the person, so the mod could live without that feature.

yeh i see that point also Jon i do not see the point in AI bots in a multiplayer game to me the idea is pathetic (but that is my own oppinion), i play multip[layer games to play people that have not been scripted. People that are real and have there own skills and tactics , also look on the other side of the argument having peds would just not be "bandwidth" friendly therefore meaning that lots of peds plus normal players there would create lag as you would be loading up peds thatr are on the other side of the city, for it to be fully synchronised properly therefore noty a good idea! plus you would need BRILLIANT connection servers to host these peds therefore meaning that there would have to be more official servers that would cost money and so on so really peds are out of the question!

i sort of disagree. i dont want a bunch of pedestrians synched or unsynched, walking around, doing nothing. there can be some AMAZING possibilities for game modes using bots. there are MANY games that use bots online that make the game much more immersive for you and your human friends. one example would be a PS2 game called SOCOM, in which there are online missions where your team tries to rescue hostages that the other team is defending. another example would be R6 3: Raven's Shield, where there are online co-op missions where you and your team work together to kill enemy AI. anyway, the possiblities in game modes in Grand Theft Auto are virtually ENDLESS due to its borderless, free-roaming, gameplay. i think that there can be some truly brilliant game modes in MTA that utilize AI.

Edited by Guest
no there will be no AI in MTA Blue as my above post states with reason!

LOL,

well there should be AI in MTA Blue as my two lengthy posts explain, and defeat your reasoning.

why be so rude? i am simply stating my opinion on this matter. i respected yours.

Yep, I see that too, but it's one for the future.

did the devs say that AI will not be possible in MTA Blue?

i am just suggesting this because they still need suggestions regarding new features.

but if they have already ruled AI out of MTA Blue, i will shut up.

no there will be no AI in MTA Blue as my above post states with reason!

LOL,

well there should be AI in MTA Blue as my two lengthy posts explain, and defeat your reasoning.

why be so rude? i am simply stating my opinion on this matter. i respected yours.

Yep, I see that too, but it's one for the future.

did the devs say that AI will not be possible in MTA Blue?

i am just suggesting this because they still need suggestions regarding new features.

but if they have already ruled AI out of MTA Blue, i will shut up.

Sorry error if i cam across as rude toy because i can promise i was not being, asnd yes i respect your opinion!