New blue information section and forum launched

eAi

We've decided that its time to give you all a lot more information on what our new core, codenamed "blue" will be capable of. Please be warned that blue is still very much in the development stage, we just felt that we just had to tell you what we've been working on for the past 11 months.

View the new blue information page http://files.mtasa.com/web/mtablue.info/.

Please use viewforum.php?f=35 for discussing blue.

Edited by Guest

I was expecting some pretty nifty features in the new core, but the huge range of them just made my jaw drop (literally).

I have a couple of questions though:

blue is fully integrated into Vice City

I noticed that there is no mention of GTA3, nor are there any GTA3 screenshots. Will GTA3 and VC still be supported in the same client?

2. On the server browser pic, it says "Connection: 56k". Does this only affect the number of packets that the browser sends out, or does it make a difference in-game?

By writing blue from the ground up we've been able to eliminate the crashes and errors that occurred with the previous core technology, by eliminating the use of the scm

I don't really know much about GTA-related programming, but I've heard you say before that MTA had the maximum number of cars that the main.scm would allow. Does this mean that there are now more cars (and possibly players) available?

blue is fully integrated into Vice City, this means that there is no longer an external program required to launch MultiTheftAuto.

I thought that you'd still start up the MTA client as usual, but instead of coming up with the normal dialog, it would just start the game. Do you mean that when you start VC normally, there's actually a "multiplayer" option on the menu?

You've done a great job. I particularly like the new pause menu, presumably to stop pausers. The console's a great idea, and the whole mod sounds a lot like many commercial titles. I also like the way that it says "Packet loss: 0%" in all of the screenshots.

MTAmA will be kinda redundant in its current form, but a similar and more complex tool could be developed in the future. As the server and client currently only support a single addon running at any time (this could change), it might be a bit of a challenge as the support would have to be integrated into each addon,

eAi

Well I think most players "jaws are dropping" after reading that, especially those veteran players that have been around playing each beta, waiting for such changes.. and they all come at once.

New players, veteran players, moderate players, whatever.. all probably want the same thing, and that's for the gamplay to represent the single player type style, with 100% accuracy etc. The reason why say veteran players especially is because they have been around watching each beta gradually progress.. wondering if changes would ever quite be possible to make the game single player like (in it's accuracy and gameplay fluency). Then as I said, all at once things are ready? Multi Theft Auto is ready..

I know its a hard question to answer but is there any sort of date at all as to when "blue" might be expected to be released? I know that it's in its somewhat early stages as was mensioned but is there any sort of estimation as to when it will be done? A half year.. a year.. tomorrow??

-DooN

Edited by Guest
But wouldn't MTA:MA be better off if it was converted to C++ so as to better interface with the mod?

Possible, but i dont have that skills...

But the main aim for MTA:mA was that you can script in a easy SCRIPT language. i could use filemapping to trigger the events for mIRC, if someone can give me an empty c++ exe with an easy win UDP sockets then i'm prepeard to try convert it into a c++ exe with interface. But MTA:mA will stay on windows based systems

• Moderators

if someone can give me an empty c++ exe with an easy win UDP sockets then i'm prepeard to try convert it into a c++ exe with interface. But MTA:mA will stay on windows based systems

empty exe?

impossibe, you cant compile a empty exe. in fact, the exe its the compressed code.....

if someone can give me an empty c++ exe with an easy win UDP sockets then i'm prepeard to try convert it into a c++ exe with interface. But MTA:mA will stay on windows based systems

empty exe?

impossibe, you cant compile a empty exe. in fact, the exe its the compressed code.....

/me slaps himself..

The source code of a empty exe with UDP winsock *

We've decided that its time to give you all a lot more information on what our new core, codenamed "blue" will be capable of. Please be warned that blue is still very much in the development stage, we just felt that we just had to tell you what we've been working on for the past 11 months.

I think MTA stocks went sky high :D can i invest? LOL

GtaT is presumed dead , VMP is dead. MTA is the only one who is left. I hope the MTA team also creates some form of multiplayer for SA , that woudl realy "kickass". GTA SA is going to be much bigger then any GTA mod that exists today. Also , I dont know if comple intregrations is such a good plan , if GTA crashes , MTA also crashes , and youll lose your scrore :( . Anyways , good luck...

GtaT is presumed dead , VMP is dead. MTA is the only one who is left. I hope the MTA team also creates some form of multiplayer for SA , that woudl realy "kickass". GTA SA is going to be much bigger then any GTA mod that exists today. Also , I dont know if comple intregrations is such a good plan , if GTA crashes , MTA also crashes , and youll lose your scrore :( . Anyways , good luck...

hmmz did VMP ever release a useable client and server?

as for MTA team i think they have a bright future, and if MTA:SA is going to work, then they shud have work for the time being :D

no , but I was alpha tester , and they DID release a client to connennect to MTA servers , so they did know how to create one , but the project died because some stupid team member asked VMP to pay him or else he would release the source or something. Because of people like that , stupid shit happens. I hope that MTA will have a very happy future :D

Mr.Xanni

The new section is really exploding, the new stuff looks amazing guys.

Yeah, everyone's really positive about it. In fact, the page was down earlier because so many people were trying to access it.

And the news has been announced on major sites such as:

http://topic.news.filefront.com/9637;/M ... Auto_Blue/

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board. ... adid=51226

I also noticed a large number of new people registering on the boards and yesterday alone, there were at least 500 posts.

http://www.mtasa.com